|By PR Newswire||
|November 26, 2012 09:10 AM EST||
TORRANCE, Calif., Nov. 26, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- American Honda Motor Co., Inc. received multiple 2013 Residual Value Awards from ALG, including the top honor of Best Mainstream Brand. Additionally, the 2013 Honda Accord, Honda Odyssey and Honda Fit each received individual Residual Value Awards as the highest ranked vehicles in their respective segments. As the leading provider of residual value information to the automotive industry, ALG's annual Residual Value Awards honor the vehicles in each industry segment that ALG predicts will retain the highest percentage of their original price after a three-year period.
"Long-term value and reliability are both hallmarks of the Honda brand and we are honored to be recognized by ALG as the industry leader in these key qualities," said Michael Accavitti, vice president of national marketing operations at American Honda. "The Honda engineering philosophy not only delivers immediate value to our customers but will pay off in the long run as well."
The Honda brand was named the Best Mainstream Brand for 2013, which recognizes the entire Honda lineup for exceptional vehicle quality, strong brand desirability, and long-term reliability. The all-new 2013 Accord ranked the highest in the ultra competitive Midsize Car category. The Honda Odyssey prevailed in the Best Minivan (MPV) category, retaining the top spot for the second consecutive year. The Honda Fit received a Residual Value Award for the fifth consecutive year in the Sub-Compact Car category. Since 2000, the Honda brand has earned 28 model awards and seven overall brand awards from ALG.
"The Honda brand is a constant in ALG's Residual Value Award history," said Larry Dominique, President of ALG. "With its smart, value-focused financial strategy, excellent perceived quality, and the all-new Accord, Honda has proven that it provides a compelling, high residual value package for consumers."
ALG determines the award winners through careful study of the competition in each segment, historical vehicle performance and industry trends. Vehicle quality, production levels relative to demand, as well as pricing strategies are among the key factors that affect ALG's residual value forecasts.
Additional media information, including detailed pricing features and high-resolution photography of the 2013 Accord, Fit and Odyssey are available at www.hondanews.com. Consumer information is available at automobiles.honda.com.
Honda offers a complete lineup of Honda cars, trucks and service through a network of 1,037 Honda dealerships within the United States. In 2012, Honda will mark 30 years of producing automobiles in the region1, which began with the Accord in Marysville, Ohio in November 1982. Having produced over 23 million vehicles in North America, Honda currently operates 7 major automobile manufacturing facilities in the region.
Based in Santa Barbara, California, ALG is a leading provider of insights and consulting services to the automotive industry. ALG publishes the Residual Value Guidebook – the benchmark for residual value projections in North America, and has been forecasting automotive residual values for nearly 50 years in both the U.S. and Canadian markets. For more information, visit www.alg.com.
1 Honda products are produced using domestic and globally sourced parts.
Connect with Honda:
Media Newsroom (for journalists): www.hondanews.com
Future Vehicles (for consumers): http://automobiles.honda.com/
On Google+: https://plus.google.com/+Honda
SOURCE American Honda Motor Co., Inc.
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict