|By PR Newswire||
|November 26, 2012 07:01 AM EST||
BERLIN and SAN FRANCISCO, November 26, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
Google intends to invest one million euros in a new startup hub in Berlin. The U.S investor Kennet has recently contributed 15 million dollars in Trademob, an app marketing platform. These examples show how the German startup scene has been increasingly winning over international investors. Germany Trade & Invest invites U.S venture capital firms on November 27, 2012 to an exclusive gathering at the German Consulate in New York. A further event will follow at the German Consulate in San Francisco on November 29. Representatives of German and U.S VC firms will report on their experiences with German VC investments.
Berlin in particular has in recent years evolved into a startup Mecca. "Several factors support Berlin's current attractiveness. Compared to the rest of Europe, the cost of living is relatively low. There is also the cultural diversity of Berlin, which has a positive effect on the creative powers of the city. And, last but not least, the salaries for developers are more attractive than what is comparatively being offered in Silicon Valley," says Angelika Geiger, representative of Germany Trade & Invest in San Francisco.
In 2011, 431 million euros were invested in German seed and startup companies. From this, approximately 16 percent were made by foreign venture capitalists. The current hot spots for venture capital are Berlin and Munich, combining for more than 50 percent of total VC investment. The recent exit of the investment company Triangle Ventures from Technolas Perfect vision confirms that VC investments in German firms pay off. The laser eye company was sold for 450 million euros to Bausch & Lomb.
Germany Trade & Invest is the foreign trade and inward investment agency of the Federal Republic of Germany. The organization advises foreign companies seeking to expand into the German market. It supports German companies that seek to enter foreign markets, with foreign trade information.
SOURCE Germany Trade and Invest
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict