|By PR Newswire||
|November 26, 2012 03:01 AM EST||
LONDON, November 26, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
-The average adult will have travelled to eight more countries by the time they're 40 in comparison with their parents-
In a recent study it was found that the average 40-year-old in the UK will have clocked up more than 18,000 miles on average, visiting 13 countries, in contrast with their parents who at the same age visited an average of only five, Holiday Hypermarket reports.
The poll, which was run by British Airways Highlife Magazine, revealed that seven in 10 travellers choose destinations in which they can explore and experience a new culture. Ease of travel and the availability of cheap flights provide greater access to far away, exotic destinations for those travellers who like to explore and experience new cultures.
Times have most certainly changed with regards to popular destinations, however. Most Brits in the past visited nearby European countries such as France and Italy for a typical beach holiday. Whereas today, holidaymakers are increasingly more adventurous, choosing a wider variety of destinations; whether it be a short trip to Morocco and a visit to local markets of Marrakech or enjoying the white sandy beaches of the Maldives.
For today's traveller, there are many more cost-efficient ways to tour the world. Considering the variety of all inclusive and package holidays available, travellers can not only experience the sunshine (or snow) but also enjoy dining and local activities included in the price.
E-commerce Manger at Holiday Hypermarket, Calum Macdonald, comments: "Generation Y's love of travel and search for cultural enrichment - along with their increasing digital capabilities - has revolutionised the way in which travel operators display and publicise holidays.
"With much more readily available information on far-off destinations, travellers have more ease and confidence in choosing their dream destination than in the past. With four in ten travellers claiming they travel more than ever, it will be interesting to see where the future of travel will lead us."
About Holiday Hypermarket:
Holiday Hypermarket (http://www.holidayhypermarket.co.uk/) is a UK based holiday comparison community. We are passionate about helping people in the UK explore, learn and enjoy the world by removing the obstacles that keep them from getting the most out of their holidays. We do this by providing a travel comparison site that allows you to effortlessly find the best deals with the assistance of a knowledgeable community of fellow travellers who love to share travel advice.
With Holiday Hypermarket you have access to a huge number of travel suppliers which will help you choose either a late deal or your next year's summer holiday. This, combined with our excellent customer service and vibrant online community, makes Holiday Hypermarket a great place to start exploring the world.
SOURCE Holiday Hypermarket
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict