|By PR Newswire||
|November 23, 2012 08:42 PM EST||
PITTSBURGH, Nov. 23, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Branding Brand, a mobile commerce platform used by major retailers today announced the results of its Mobile Commerce Index for Thanksgiving Day, which showed substantial increases in consumers shopping on smartphones.
The Branding Brand Mobile Commerce Index is a compilation of 66 mobile sites developed by Branding Brand for retailers across a variety of industries including apparel, health and beauty, and home goods. The Index is the largest collection of data on commerce sites specifically designed for smartphones, as opposed to non-optimized desktop sites with mobile traffic.
The Index had the following Thanksgiving Day results:
- 3,086,154 visitors (63% iOS; 32% Android)
- 17,364,602 page views (62% iOS; 33% Android)
- 29,880 orders (70% iOS; 29% Android)
- $81 average order value ($81 iOS; $80 Android)
- 20.25% of total e-commerce traffic came from smartphones
Compared to 2011, the Branding Brand Mobile Commerce Index showed the following year-over-year gains for the 26 mobile sites and apps tracked during both periods:
- Visits increased 103%
- Page views increased 133%
- Average order value increased 19%
- Mobile sales increased 221%
"While Thanksgiving Day has traditionally been the quiet before the storm, 2012 was different," said Chris Mason, co-founder and CEO of Branding Brand. "This year, many retailers opened on Thanksgiving or started their Black Friday deals early online. Those who were not at home turned to their phones to make sure they didn't miss out."
Branding Brand will release the results of its Mobile Commerce Index for Black Friday on Saturday, November 24. An extended report on the entire Thanksgiving through Cyber Monday period, including data on peak mobile shopping times, will be released in the upcoming week.
ABOUT BRANDING BRAND: Branding Brand powers mobile commerce sites and apps for the world's leading retailers, including American Eagle Outfitters, Anthropologie, The Children's Place, Costco, Crate & Barrel, Dick's Sporting Goods, Drugstore.com, Eastern Mountain Sports, Nautica, Ralph Lauren, Sephora, Spanx, Steve Madden, Timberland, and Tumi.
Based in Pittsburgh, PA, it is the largest and fastest-growing mobile commerce platform in the industry. It is also a Google Commerce Search Partner, Google Wallet Partner, and PayPal Channel Partner. For more information, visit http://www.brandingbrand.com.
SOURCE Branding Brand
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict