|By RealWire News Distribution||
|November 22, 2012 10:57 PM EST||
Bloxx, the innovator in Web and email security, today highlighted that the projected increase in online shopping in the run up to Christmas could end up having a significant impact on business productivity if not proactively managed.
A new report from Google on online shopping has highlighted that this year shoppers will start their research and buying earlier and plan to spend more. The projected increase in online spending is also highlighted in the most recent IMRG Capgemini e-Retail Sales Index report that forecasts yearly growth of 14%. According to CareerBuilder, 50% of online shopping takes place during working hours.
"In the lead up to Christmas it's all too easy for staff to become distracted and end up spending excessive time online researching or purchasing gifts" said Graham Twaddle, Bloxx's Chief Technology Officer, "but proactively managing this with a comprehensive Internet Acceptable Use Policy and a flexible Web filtering solution mitigates the risks."
Most Web filters, which just block a list of pre-determined inappropriate Web sites, offer simple "yes" or "no" access to shopping or productivity-hogging game, entertainment or sports sites. However, Bloxx's real-time Web content filtering lets organizations set comprehensive, yet flexible, security and Web access policies.
This kind of control and visibility into employees' Web use lets organizations set access policies based on specific times of day (e.g. lunch breaks) or quotas (e.g. 30 or 60 minutes), and can be seasonally adjusted to allow access to different categories of content (e.g. allowing someone, for example, to shop for holiday deals on "sports equipment" but not access a "sports gaming" site).
Headquartered in the UK with sales offices in Holland, the USA and Australia, Bloxx offers Web and email filtering and security for medium and large organizations in both the business and public sectors. Bloxx has achieved unrivalled sales growth year-on-year to become a leading Web filtering provider with an estimated 5 million+ users worldwide. Leading UK investment groups Archangel Investments Ltd and Braveheart Investment Group Plc have invested in Bloxx. For more information, visit http://www.bloxx.com
Interviews, photography and further information are available from Carolyn Bowick at Bloxx.
Tel: +44 (0)7824 535440 or +44 (0)1506 426976
Email: [email protected]
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict