|By PR Newswire||
|November 22, 2012 09:01 AM EST||
The Samsung GALAXY Camera ushers in a new era of visual communication, with instant sharing powered by Android platform
MISSISSAUGA, ON, Nov. 22, 2012 /CNW/ - Samsung Electronics Canada, the global leader in Android™ smartphones, today announced that the GALAXY Camera will be available at Canadian retailers on December 7, 2012 in time for the holiday shopping season.
The GALAXY Camera combines high performance photography features with Android™4.1 (Jelly Bean) and the freedom of 3G+ Wi-Fi connectivity to create the world's first truly Connected Camera. The GALAXY Camera ushers in a new era of visual communications, allowing users to shoot, edit and share high quality images and video from anywhere, at any time through a single device.
"The GALAXY Camera marks the next stage of evolution in the history of the camera and we are extremely excited to make it available to Canadian customers today," said Paul Brannen, Vice President, Enterprise Business Solutions at Samsung Canada. "Combining world class mobile and digital imaging technologies, The GALAXY Camera gives users the total freedom to take vivid, high quality pictures and videos and share them instantly through their favorite social networking sites or with family and friends without the restrictions of a conventional camera."
What sets the GALAXY Camera apart as the first truly Connected Camera is the 3G+ Wi-Fi connectivity, opening users up to a world of near limitless sharing and smartphone like activities. Posting high quality images to your favorite social networking sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and the pre-installed Instagram app has never been easier. The GALAXY Camera functions on Wi-Fi with Dual Band and Channel Bonding for extra speed. Available in glossy white, simply shoot, edit and share with the touch of a button.
The GALAXY Camera also delivers outstanding photography on the go which easily outperforms any smartphone camera available. Boasted by a 21x super long zoom lens and a super-bright 16M BSI CMOS sensor, the GALAXY Camera also features Samsung's 'Smart Mode' technology; a series of 15 default modes and settings that make professional-looking photography easy for anyone to achieve. No matter what the occasion, the GALAXY Camera's 'Smart Mode delivers stunningly detailed images that make photography with the GALAXY Camera effortless and enjoyable.
Once captured, users can enjoy their images on the GALAXY Camera's 4.8" (121.2mm) HD Super ClearTouch Display. However, the GALAXY Camera's beautiful display can be used for more than just viewing. Users can quickly and easily make professional edits to their photos using the integrated 'Photo Wizard' a comprehensive set of 35 photo editing tools powered by the GALAXY Camera's ultrafast quad-core processor. Users can also use 'Paper Artist', an app that became popular on the GALAXY Note II, for quick and unique photo edits.
The GALAXY Camera ships with Android™ 4.1 (Jelly Bean), giving users access to over 600,000 apps currently available on Google Play. The Android OS also provides full browsing support and the ability to customize your camera to suit your creative needs.
The GALAXY Camera will be available on December 7th at Black's Photography and The Samsung Store, located in Metrotown Mall in Burnaby, B.C. For specific pricing details, please visit your nearest retailer. For more information on the GALAXY Camera, please visit www.samsung.com.
About Samsung Electronics Canada Inc.
Samsung Electronics Canada markets a broad range of award-winning digital consumer electronics, IT, telecommunications and home appliance products. The Canadian arm upholds Samsung's global mission to provide consumers with innovative digital convergence products that possess exceptional technology, quality, features, performance and value. As a result of its commitment to innovation and unique design, Samsung has become one of the most decorated brands in the electronics industry. In 2012, Samsung was ranked #9 in the Interbrand "100 Best Global Brands" breaking the top ten for the first time, and was named as one of Fast Company's "50 Most Innovative Companies of 2011".
For more information, please visit www.samsung.com
SOURCE Samsung Electronics Canada Inc.
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict