|By PR Newswire||
|November 22, 2012 05:03 AM EST||
PARIS, November 22, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
The Pickture team is delighted to announce the long-awaited launch of the network: http://www.pickture.com! Pickture is a social network that allows you to share the things you love with other users and find the best prices for products via a browser plug-in.
Even before the official launch, Pickture has attracted the attention of a community of bloggers and companies thanks to its innovative concept. What makes this concept unique is that it unites a social-network with a shopping platform, in a simple, user-friendly layout. Users bookmark the products they like via an add-on, organize them into wish-lists and then share their lists with other users. The product page allows users to not only "like"/"dislike" and comment on a product but also to purchase it directly from the retailer's website. In addition, thanks to the personalised suggestions of lists, Pickture helps users discover new trends and the latest products.
"Picking" and following
Pickture is a great place to discover innovative products across numerous categories: fashion, beauty, home, kids, high-tech, animals, art&culture, travel, office, DIY and more. Users have the option of adding or "picking" the products uploaded by other users or to upload products themselves. The "picked" products are then organised into lists that can be set as 'private' or 'visible' to all users. Furthermore, a user can follow either all or selected lists created by other users, bloggers and/or brands. Lists can also be shared on other social networks including Twitter and Facebook.
The Pickture add-on
The Pickture add-on is a free, installable extension that is available for all web browsers at the Google Chrome Webapp store. Once installed, the add-on allows users to add ("pick") products from websites to add to their Pickture profile. The add-on also acts as a price comparison that displays directly on the product page while browsing.
The Pickture team is currently developing further functionalities to help users find and compare the best deals on the products they love, and share their finds with other users!
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict