|By PR Newswire||
|November 21, 2012 01:19 PM EST||
LONDON, November 21, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
As part of an ongoing commitment to engage with the leading minds currently working within the marketing industry, Technology for Marketing & Advertising (TFM&A) recently held, in conjunction with the IDM, its first Advisory Panel to inform and guide the content and direction of the show in line with market trends and concerns.
The main points emerging from this debate highlighted the importance of a comprehensive education programme giving air-time to expert opinions from big brands and debate surrounding the most pertinent issues in the market. The panel were particularly keen to see two sides of an argument presented and debated by media voices and pitching experts. Keynotes delivered by specialists in more 'leftfield' disciplines such as futurology and psychology was also a proposition which was met by enthusiasm from the panel.
Visitor VIP provisions were also discussed with niche networking events on the show floor and pre-arranged appointments at the top of the wish list from the board members.
Perhaps unsurprisingly, a key theme which was repeatedly raised was data - the emergence of big data, how we should be analysing it and how we can make it work for us. It is clear that this is at the top of the agenda for most, if not all, marketers.
TFM&A Group Event Manager, Kevin Pearce said:
"We're delighted to have brought together such an impressive and forward thinking group from the IDM's advisory councils. It's obviously essential for us as event organisers to ensure that our offering is always up to date and tackling the most current issues within marketing and technology. It was particularly exciting for us to hear, in line with feedback we are receiving from throughout the industry, that big data is very much at the forefront of marketing strategy. My favourite quote to come out of the board was 'Analysis Paralysis - let the data do the decision making'. We'll certainly be making sure that our seminar programme reflects all of our industry insight research and I very much look forward to the next session."
Held at the Bleeding Heart Restaurant in London and run in association with IDM, the panel comprised of professionals from the IDM's specialist councils specialising in B2B, digital and data from both client and agency backgrounds.
IDM B2B Council Member Richard Robinson from Google said:
"I was delighted to participate in this initiative to support TFM&A in keeping up to date with an ever-evolving digital world. It's crucial to ensure that we fully utilise the expanding capabilities for targeted marketing that technology offers and it's also fantastic to dedicate time to come together as a peer group, discover what's out there and benchmark with one another."
IDM Council Member Participants*:
Adrian Gregory, F IDM, Chairman, DQM Group
Richard Robinson, Industry Leader, Google
Chris Schaumann, Director, Expertise and Capability Development, Digital & Social Innovation & Transformation, Nokia Global Marketing
Paul Cash, Chief Innovation Officer, OTM London
Simon J. Hughes, Senior Marketing Manager, Global Marketing Operations, Microsoft
Lisa Turner, Marketing Director, IDM
Sheree Hiller, Programme Development Manager, IDM
TFM&A will take place at Earls Court, London on the 26th and 27th of February. It is free to attend for pre-registered visitors.
* Additional members of the panel who were unable to attend are:
Sarah Evans, Head of Mobile Internet Products, O2 UK
Robin Mackenzie, Head of Marketing, Vodafone Group Services
Andrew Buckley, Vice-President for Product Management, American Express
About UBM Live (organiser of TFM&A http://www.t-f-m.co.uk)
UBM Live connects people and creates opportunities for companies across five continents to develop new business, meet customers, launch new products, promote their brands and expand their markets. Through premiere brands such as MD&M, CPhI, IFSEC, TFM&A, Cruise Shipping Miami, the Concrete Show and many others, UBM Live exhibitions, conferences, awards programs, publications, websites and training and certification programs are an integral part of the marketing plans of companies across more than 20 industry sectors.
About the Institute of Direct and Digital Marketing (http://theidm.com)
The IDM is the UK's only government-approved Institute for the professional development of direct and digital marketers, offering a broad range of practitioner-taught training courses and ten internationally recognised professional marketing qualifications. It is also a membership organisation, providing status, knowledge and networking opportunities to today's senior marketers, and an educational trust, supplying learning materials to higher education alongside initiatives to help university graduates take their first steps in the marketing profession.
SOURCE UBM Live
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- How to Avoid the #BigData Black Hole | @BigDataExpo [#IoT]
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict