|By Marketwired .||
|November 21, 2012 11:07 AM EST||
AVON, OH -- (Marketwire) -- 11/21/12 -- For the first time ever, Duck® brand duct tape is printing one talented artist's original design on rolls of Duck Tape®. The winner of the Duck® brand MyDesign Contest, Shala Kerrigan, will have her one-of-a-kind artwork, "Retro Owls," added to the more than 150 Duck Tape® colors and prints available. Kerrigan's design, which features brightly colored owls perched atop swirly branches, beat out fierce ninjas, splashing whales and even a zombie attack to claim the top prize.
Entries to the Duck® brand MyDesign Contest, which challenged designers, artists and illustrators to create a piece of unique, original art, were first narrowed to a pool of the 20 top designs by a panel of judges based on originality, creativity, quality of design, clarity of expression and artistic merit. Then, fans of Duck Tape® on Facebook helped select the winning design by casting more than 7,500 votes during a 10-day period of online voting.
"I love birds and go out bird-watching regularly. Retro-style owls are a lot of fun, and color schemes with bright popping colors are always a favorite to work with," said Kerrigan of the inspiration behind her winning design. "All the other designs in the contest were so fantastic. It was an honor just to be featured with them!"
As the Duck® brand MyDesign Contest Winner, Kerrigan is taking home a $5,000 grand prize, and will be profiled on DuckBrand.com. Plus, her signature will be featured on the label of "Retro Owls" Duck Tape®, which will be introduced in 2013.
See "Retro Owls" now on Facebook.com/ducktape.
To see the latest duct tape creations, or share your masterpiece, visit DuckBrand.com.
DUCK TAPE® BRAND DUCT TAPE
An American original, Duck® brand is known for its quality and innovation, which now includes more than 150 colors, prints and licenses. Duck Tape® brand duct tape is available nationally at mass merchandise, craft, hardware, home center, food, drug, office, auto and specialty retailers in colors like aqua, fluorescent green, pink, orange and yellow, and prints such as Mustache, Graffiti and Zig-Zag.
Duck Tape® is marketed by ShurTech Brands, LLC, and the Duck® brand, which offers an array of tapes, packaging supplies and home products that provide simple, imaginative and helpful solutions for a variety of tasks around the home, school and office. Visit DuckBrand.com for additional product information. And, keep up-to-date on Duck® brand news by joining our more than five million fans on Facebook® (facebook.com/ducktape), following us on Twitter® (@theduckbrand), following our boards on Pinterest® (pinterest.com/theduckbrand) or watching us on YouTube® (youtube.com/theduckbrand).
SHURTECH BRANDS, LLC
ShurTech Brands, LLC, markets do-it-yourself tapes, office and housewares products under the Duck®, FrogTape®, Painter's Mate Green®, Caremail®, Easy Liner® and Shurtape® brands. The company is a subsidiary of Shurtape Technologies, LLC, Hickory, N.C., an industry-leading producer of pressure sensitive masking, duct, packaging and specialty tape products, with facilities in the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Germany, Mexico, Peru, United Arab Emirates and China. Shurtape services numerous markets, including industrial, packaging, HVAC, professional paint, auto, marine, aerospace, arts and entertainment, and retail. Shurtape also manufactures and markets the Shurtape® and Kip® brands. Visit ShurTech.com for more information.
Facebook® is a registered trademark of Facebook, Inc.
Twitter® is a registered trademark of Twitter, Inc.
Pinterest® is a registered trademark of Pinterest, Inc.
YouTube® is a registered trademark of Google, Inc.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2160832
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict