|By PR Newswire||
|November 21, 2012 11:00 AM EST||
Hotel Rooms at the "Mile High" Starting Price of $52.80
DENVER, Nov. 21, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Denver comes alive each holiday season with millions of twinkling lights, dazzling parades, outdoor ice skating, horse-drawn carriages, lively concerts and huge holiday theatrical productions, all beginning with the Grand Illumination on Nov. 23, 2012 and continuing through January 2013. From the amazing 9News Parade of Lights with huge floats and balloons to the spectacle of the Denver Zoo Lights, visitors will be swept up in the Mile High Holiday spirit.
There are special happenings in Denver every weekend of the holiday season through the end of January. More than 50 different events are listed on the Mile High Holidays website, including:
- The Downtown Denver Grand Illumination on Nov. 23, which lights up downtown with nearly 600,000 lights, from Denver Union Station to the City and County Building. The festivities, including carolers, food and drink, begin at 6 p.m. at Union Station. More than 550,000 energy efficient LED lights will adorn the 16th Street Mall (Denver's mile-long pedestrian promenade). Hop on a horse drawn carriage or a pedi-cab for a memorable ride up the Mall under a canopy of outdoor lights.
- Free ice skating at the Southwest Rink at Skyline Park. Located on the Mall under the D&F Tower, Denver's historic landmark, the rink is FREE and open to the public with the option to bring your own skates or rent a pair at a minimal cost, from Nov. 23 to Feb. 14.
- Becoming Van Gogh at the Denver Art Museum. Becoming Van Gogh is an in-depth exploration of Vincent van Gogh's unconventional path to becoming one of the world's most recognizable artists through more than 70 paintings and drawings by Van Gogh, along with works that inspired him. See it in style – VIP packages and hotel deals with "skip the line" tickets are available at www.vangoghdenver.com through Jan. 20.
- The 9News Parade of Lights, Nov. 30 and Dec. 1, features countless sparkling lights, marching bands, giant balloons, majestic floats and delightful characters traveling through downtown Denver. The event will dazzle hundreds of thousands on Nov. 30 (8 p.m.) and Dec. 1 (6 p.m.). Viewing along the parade route is free, and grandstand tickets are sold for seating in front of the beautifully illuminated City & County building.
- The Denver Christkindl Market. Relive a centuries old German tradition at the annual Denver Christkindl Market offering the sights, sounds and flavors of the holiday season with a German flair, across from the D&F Tower, Nov. 23 to Dec. 22.
- Irving Berlin's White Christmas at the Denver Center for Performing Arts. Two WWII vets are determined to rescue their beloved commanding officer's country inn imperiled by a lack of snow. This stage adaptation of the Bing Crosby/Danny Kaye movie musical delivers gorgeous songs, nostalgia – and a plan to save Christmas, Nov. 23 to Dec. 24.
- Denver Zoo Lights. More than 38 acres of lights and 150 animated animal sculptures highlight this holiday extravaganza. Don't miss the month-long Zoo Lights Lantern Festival taking place in the newly opened Toyota Elephant Passage, Nov. 30-Jan. 2.
- The Colorado Ballet's Nutcracker. Whether it's your first time or 20th time, captivating costumes and scenery, unforgettable characters, and Tchaikovsky's treasured music make Colorado Ballet's rendition of The Nutcracker the ultimate holiday event, Nov. 24 to Dec. 24.
- Denver Botanic Gardens' Blossoms of Light. Embrace the holidays with more than one million colorful lights draped in elegant designs. Romantic and popular kissing spots will return, as well as the always anticipated HoloSpex glasses, which add a whole new layer of wonderment to the experience. Warm drinks and tasty treats and seasonal entertainment will be available, and thousands of lights in the Gardens' amphitheater are synchronized to your favorite holiday tunes, Nov. 30-Jan. 1.
- Colorado Christmas with the Colorado Symphony at Boettcher Concert Hall. Colorado Christmas rings in the holiday spirit in grand orchestral style. Join the Colorado Symphony Chorus, Colorado Children's Chorale, vocalists and dancers in a program of your favorite traditional Christmas carols and songs. Special mood lighting and a few magical guests from the North Pole make this Holiday classic the perfect way to celebrate the season, Dec. 7-9.
- A Hudson Christmas at Hudson Gardens. From November 23 – January 1, hundreds of thousands of lights create a magical display in Hudson Gardens' thirty-acre winter wonderland, highlighting the grandeur of this hidden gem attraction in winter.
- Toast the New Year with TWO Spectacular Fireworks Displays. Ring in the New Year with Denver's annual New Year's Eve Fireworks with viewpoints along the 16th Street Mall in downtown Denver. The two spectacular fireworks shows will occur at 9 p.m. and Midnight.
The Mile High City also offers a wide array of holiday shopping options, from bargains at outlet stores to upscale offerings at the Cherry Creek Shopping Center and Larimer Square. Denver's hidden gem neighborhoods are home to dozens of unique boutiques, as well.
And in the grand tradition of the holidays, 50 Denver hotels are offering special holiday packages with more than 30 of the hotels offering rates that start at the "mile high" price of $52.80 (Denver is exactly 5,280 feet above sea level – one mile high). Go to: www.milehighholidays.com for more information.
About VISIT DENVER, The Convention & Visitors Bureau
Celebrating more than 100 years of promoting The Mile High City, VISIT DENVER is a nonprofit trade association that contracts with the City of Denver to market Denver as a convention and leisure destination, increasing economic development in the city, creating jobs and generating taxes. Tourism is the second largest industry in Denver, generating $3.3 billion in annual spending in 2011, while supporting nearly 50,000 jobs. Learn more about Denver on the VISITDENVER website and at TOURISMPAYSDENVER, on Twitter @iknowdenver and the VISIT DENVER Facebook page, or by phone at 800 2 DENVER.
With press or photo inquiries, please contact:
VISIT DENVER contacts:
Rich Grant - (303) 571-9450 or [email protected]
Debbie Park - (303) 571-9451 or [email protected] or @debdbie
Katie Converse - (303) 571-9418 or [email protected] or @colorado_kate
SOURCE VISIT DENVER, The Convention & Visitors Bureau
With so much going on in this space you could be forgiven for thinking you were always working with yesterday’s technologies. So much change, so quickly. What do you do if you have to build a solution from the ground up that is expected to live in the field for at least 5-10 years? This is the challenge we faced when we looked to refresh our existing 10-year-old custom hardware stack to measure the fullness of trash cans and compactors.
Aug. 27, 2016 01:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,710
The emerging Internet of Everything creates tremendous new opportunities for customer engagement and business model innovation. However, enterprises must overcome a number of critical challenges to bring these new solutions to market. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Michael Martin, CTO/CIO at nfrastructure, outlined these key challenges and recommended approaches for overcoming them to achieve speed and agility in the design, development and implementation of Internet of Everything solutions wi...
Aug. 27, 2016 01:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,992
Cloud computing is being adopted in one form or another by 94% of enterprises today. Tens of billions of new devices are being connected to The Internet of Things. And Big Data is driving this bus. An exponential increase is expected in the amount of information being processed, managed, analyzed, and acted upon by enterprise IT. This amazing is not part of some distant future - it is happening today. One report shows a 650% increase in enterprise data by 2020. Other estimates are even higher....
Aug. 27, 2016 12:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,926
Today we can collect lots and lots of performance data. We build beautiful dashboards and even have fancy query languages to access and transform the data. Still performance data is a secret language only a couple of people understand. The more business becomes digital the more stakeholders are interested in this data including how it relates to business. Some of these people have never used a monitoring tool before. They have a question on their mind like “How is my application doing” but no id...
Aug. 26, 2016 11:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,747
SYS-CON Events announced today that 910Telecom will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Housed in the classic Denver Gas & Electric Building, 910 15th St., 910Telecom is a carrier-neutral telecom hotel located in the heart of Denver. Adjacent to CenturyLink, AT&T, and Denver Main, 910Telecom offers connectivity to all major carriers, Internet service providers, Internet backbones and ...
Aug. 26, 2016 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,847
SYS-CON Events announced today Telecom Reseller has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Telecom Reseller reports on Unified Communications, UCaaS, BPaaS for enterprise and SMBs. They report extensively on both customer premises based solutions such as IP-PBX as well as cloud based and hosted platforms.
Aug. 26, 2016 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 657
Smart Cities are here to stay, but for their promise to be delivered, the data they produce must not be put in new siloes. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mathias Herberts, Co-founder and CTO of Cityzen Data, will deep dive into best practices that will ensure a successful smart city journey.
Aug. 26, 2016 04:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,533
DevOps at Cloud Expo, taking place Nov 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 19th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long dev...
Aug. 26, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,314
The 19th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Digital Transformation, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportuni...
Aug. 26, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,935
There is growing need for data-driven applications and the need for digital platforms to build these apps. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Muddu Sudhakar, VP and GM of Security & IoT at Splunk, will cover different PaaS solutions and Big Data platforms that are available to build applications. In addition, AI and machine learning are creating new requirements that developers need in the building of next-gen apps. The next-generation digital platforms have some of the past platform needs a...
Aug. 26, 2016 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 443
Pulzze Systems was happy to participate in such a premier event and thankful to be receiving the winning investment and global network support from G-Startup Worldwide. It is an exciting time for Pulzze to showcase the effectiveness of innovative technologies and enable them to make the world smarter and better. The reputable contest is held to identify promising startups around the globe that are assured to change the world through their innovative products and disruptive technologies. There w...
Aug. 26, 2016 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 597
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 19th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the most profound change in personal and enterprise IT since the creation of the Worldwide Web more than 20 years ago. All major researchers estimate there will be tens of billions devices - comp...
Aug. 26, 2016 10:15 AM EDT Reads: 3,588
Data is the fuel that drives the machine learning algorithmic engines and ultimately provides the business value. In his session at Cloud Expo, Ed Featherston, a director and senior enterprise architect at Collaborative Consulting, will discuss the key considerations around quality, volume, timeliness, and pedigree that must be dealt with in order to properly fuel that engine.
Aug. 26, 2016 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,850
19th Cloud Expo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy. Meanwhile, 94% of enterpri...
Aug. 26, 2016 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,054
Personalization has long been the holy grail of marketing. Simply stated, communicate the most relevant offer to the right person and you will increase sales. To achieve this, you must understand the individual. Consequently, digital marketers developed many ways to gather and leverage customer information to deliver targeted experiences. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Lou Casal, Founder and Principal Consultant at Practicala, discussed how the Internet of Things (IoT) has accelerated our abil...
Aug. 26, 2016 02:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,990
I wanted to gather all of my Internet of Things (IOT) blogs into a single blog (that I could later use with my University of San Francisco (USF) Big Data “MBA” course). However as I started to pull these blogs together, I realized that my IOT discussion lacked a vision; it lacked an end point towards which an organization could drive their IOT envisioning, proof of value, app dev, data engineering and data science efforts. And I think that the IOT end point is really quite simple…
Aug. 25, 2016 11:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,315
Identity is in everything and customers are looking to their providers to ensure the security of their identities, transactions and data. With the increased reliance on cloud-based services, service providers must build security and trust into their offerings, adding value to customers and improving the user experience. Making identity, security and privacy easy for customers provides a unique advantage over the competition.
Aug. 25, 2016 09:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,237
Is the ongoing quest for agility in the data center forcing you to evaluate how to be a part of infrastructure automation efforts? As organizations evolve toward bimodal IT operations, they are embracing new service delivery models and leveraging virtualization to increase infrastructure agility. Therefore, the network must evolve in parallel to become equally agile. Read this essential piece of Gartner research for recommendations on achieving greater agility.
Aug. 25, 2016 05:15 PM EDT Reads: 764
SYS-CON Events announced today that Venafi, the Immune System for the Internet™ and the leading provider of Next Generation Trust Protection, will exhibit at @DevOpsSummit at 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Venafi is the Immune System for the Internet™ that protects the foundation of all cybersecurity – cryptographic keys and digital certificates – so they can’t be misused by bad guys in attacks...
Aug. 25, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,634
For basic one-to-one voice or video calling solutions, WebRTC has proven to be a very powerful technology. Although WebRTC’s core functionality is to provide secure, real-time p2p media streaming, leveraging native platform features and server-side components brings up new communication capabilities for web and native mobile applications, allowing for advanced multi-user use cases such as video broadcasting, conferencing, and media recording.
Aug. 25, 2016 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,159