|By PR Newswire||
|November 21, 2012 11:00 AM EST||
Hotel Rooms at the "Mile High" Starting Price of $52.80
DENVER, Nov. 21, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Denver comes alive each holiday season with millions of twinkling lights, dazzling parades, outdoor ice skating, horse-drawn carriages, lively concerts and huge holiday theatrical productions, all beginning with the Grand Illumination on Nov. 23, 2012 and continuing through January 2013. From the amazing 9News Parade of Lights with huge floats and balloons to the spectacle of the Denver Zoo Lights, visitors will be swept up in the Mile High Holiday spirit.
There are special happenings in Denver every weekend of the holiday season through the end of January. More than 50 different events are listed on the Mile High Holidays website, including:
- The Downtown Denver Grand Illumination on Nov. 23, which lights up downtown with nearly 600,000 lights, from Denver Union Station to the City and County Building. The festivities, including carolers, food and drink, begin at 6 p.m. at Union Station. More than 550,000 energy efficient LED lights will adorn the 16th Street Mall (Denver's mile-long pedestrian promenade). Hop on a horse drawn carriage or a pedi-cab for a memorable ride up the Mall under a canopy of outdoor lights.
- Free ice skating at the Southwest Rink at Skyline Park. Located on the Mall under the D&F Tower, Denver's historic landmark, the rink is FREE and open to the public with the option to bring your own skates or rent a pair at a minimal cost, from Nov. 23 to Feb. 14.
- Becoming Van Gogh at the Denver Art Museum. Becoming Van Gogh is an in-depth exploration of Vincent van Gogh's unconventional path to becoming one of the world's most recognizable artists through more than 70 paintings and drawings by Van Gogh, along with works that inspired him. See it in style – VIP packages and hotel deals with "skip the line" tickets are available at www.vangoghdenver.com through Jan. 20.
- The 9News Parade of Lights, Nov. 30 and Dec. 1, features countless sparkling lights, marching bands, giant balloons, majestic floats and delightful characters traveling through downtown Denver. The event will dazzle hundreds of thousands on Nov. 30 (8 p.m.) and Dec. 1 (6 p.m.). Viewing along the parade route is free, and grandstand tickets are sold for seating in front of the beautifully illuminated City & County building.
- The Denver Christkindl Market. Relive a centuries old German tradition at the annual Denver Christkindl Market offering the sights, sounds and flavors of the holiday season with a German flair, across from the D&F Tower, Nov. 23 to Dec. 22.
- Irving Berlin's White Christmas at the Denver Center for Performing Arts. Two WWII vets are determined to rescue their beloved commanding officer's country inn imperiled by a lack of snow. This stage adaptation of the Bing Crosby/Danny Kaye movie musical delivers gorgeous songs, nostalgia – and a plan to save Christmas, Nov. 23 to Dec. 24.
- Denver Zoo Lights. More than 38 acres of lights and 150 animated animal sculptures highlight this holiday extravaganza. Don't miss the month-long Zoo Lights Lantern Festival taking place in the newly opened Toyota Elephant Passage, Nov. 30-Jan. 2.
- The Colorado Ballet's Nutcracker. Whether it's your first time or 20th time, captivating costumes and scenery, unforgettable characters, and Tchaikovsky's treasured music make Colorado Ballet's rendition of The Nutcracker the ultimate holiday event, Nov. 24 to Dec. 24.
- Denver Botanic Gardens' Blossoms of Light. Embrace the holidays with more than one million colorful lights draped in elegant designs. Romantic and popular kissing spots will return, as well as the always anticipated HoloSpex glasses, which add a whole new layer of wonderment to the experience. Warm drinks and tasty treats and seasonal entertainment will be available, and thousands of lights in the Gardens' amphitheater are synchronized to your favorite holiday tunes, Nov. 30-Jan. 1.
- Colorado Christmas with the Colorado Symphony at Boettcher Concert Hall. Colorado Christmas rings in the holiday spirit in grand orchestral style. Join the Colorado Symphony Chorus, Colorado Children's Chorale, vocalists and dancers in a program of your favorite traditional Christmas carols and songs. Special mood lighting and a few magical guests from the North Pole make this Holiday classic the perfect way to celebrate the season, Dec. 7-9.
- A Hudson Christmas at Hudson Gardens. From November 23 – January 1, hundreds of thousands of lights create a magical display in Hudson Gardens' thirty-acre winter wonderland, highlighting the grandeur of this hidden gem attraction in winter.
- Toast the New Year with TWO Spectacular Fireworks Displays. Ring in the New Year with Denver's annual New Year's Eve Fireworks with viewpoints along the 16th Street Mall in downtown Denver. The two spectacular fireworks shows will occur at 9 p.m. and Midnight.
The Mile High City also offers a wide array of holiday shopping options, from bargains at outlet stores to upscale offerings at the Cherry Creek Shopping Center and Larimer Square. Denver's hidden gem neighborhoods are home to dozens of unique boutiques, as well.
And in the grand tradition of the holidays, 50 Denver hotels are offering special holiday packages with more than 30 of the hotels offering rates that start at the "mile high" price of $52.80 (Denver is exactly 5,280 feet above sea level – one mile high). Go to: www.milehighholidays.com for more information.
About VISIT DENVER, The Convention & Visitors Bureau
Celebrating more than 100 years of promoting The Mile High City, VISIT DENVER is a nonprofit trade association that contracts with the City of Denver to market Denver as a convention and leisure destination, increasing economic development in the city, creating jobs and generating taxes. Tourism is the second largest industry in Denver, generating $3.3 billion in annual spending in 2011, while supporting nearly 50,000 jobs. Learn more about Denver on the VISITDENVER website and at TOURISMPAYSDENVER, on Twitter @iknowdenver and the VISIT DENVER Facebook page, or by phone at 800 2 DENVER.
With press or photo inquiries, please contact:
VISIT DENVER contacts:
Rich Grant - (303) 571-9450 or [email protected]
Debbie Park - (303) 571-9451 or [email protected] or @debdbie
Katie Converse - (303) 571-9418 or [email protected] or @colorado_kate
SOURCE VISIT DENVER, The Convention & Visitors Bureau
"delaPlex is a software development company. We do team-based outsourcing development," explained Mark Rivers, COO and Co-founder of delaPlex Software, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jun. 28, 2016 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 387
IoT is rapidly changing the way enterprises are using data to improve business decision-making. In order to derive business value, organizations must unlock insights from the data gathered and then act on these. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Eric Hoffman, Vice President at EastBanc Technologies, and Peter Shashkin, Head of Development Department at EastBanc Technologies, discussed how one organization leveraged IoT, cloud technology and data analysis to improve customer experiences and effi...
Jun. 28, 2016 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 317
The IoT is changing the way enterprises conduct business. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Eric Hoffman, Vice President at EastBanc Technologies, discussed how businesses can gain an edge over competitors by empowering consumers to take control through IoT. He cited examples such as a Washington, D.C.-based sports club that leveraged IoT and the cloud to develop a comprehensive booking system. He also highlighted how IoT can revitalize and restore outdated business models, making them profitable ...
Jun. 28, 2016 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 324
There are several IoTs: the Industrial Internet, Consumer Wearables, Wearables and Healthcare, Supply Chains, and the movement toward Smart Grids, Cities, Regions, and Nations. There are competing communications standards every step of the way, a bewildering array of sensors and devices, and an entire world of competing data analytics platforms. To some this appears to be chaos. In this power panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, Bradley Holt, Developer Advocate a...
Jun. 28, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 900
A strange thing is happening along the way to the Internet of Things, namely far too many devices to work with and manage. It has become clear that we'll need much higher efficiency user experiences that can allow us to more easily and scalably work with the thousands of devices that will soon be in each of our lives. Enter the conversational interface revolution, combining bots we can literally talk with, gesture to, and even direct with our thoughts, with embedded artificial intelligence, wh...
Jun. 28, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,140
Machine Learning helps make complex systems more efficient. By applying advanced Machine Learning techniques such as Cognitive Fingerprinting, wind project operators can utilize these tools to learn from collected data, detect regular patterns, and optimize their own operations. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Stuart Gillen, Director of Business Development at SparkCognition, discussed how research has demonstrated the value of Machine Learning in delivering next generation analytics to imp...
Jun. 28, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 826
The cloud market growth today is largely in public clouds. While there is a lot of spend in IT departments in virtualization, these aren’t yet translating into a true “cloud” experience within the enterprise. What is stopping the growth of the “private cloud” market? In his general session at 18th Cloud Expo, Nara Rajagopalan, CEO of Accelerite, explored the challenges in deploying, managing, and getting adoption for a private cloud within an enterprise. What are the key differences between wh...
Jun. 28, 2016 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 961
Connected devices and the industrial internet are growing exponentially every year with Cisco expecting 50 billion devices to be in operation by 2020. In this period of growth, location-based insights are becoming invaluable to many businesses as they adopt new connected technologies. Knowing when and where these devices connect from is critical for a number of scenarios in supply chain management, disaster management, emergency response, M2M, location marketing and more. In his session at @Th...
Jun. 28, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,163
Basho Technologies has announced the latest release of Basho Riak TS, version 1.3. Riak TS is an enterprise-grade NoSQL database optimized for Internet of Things (IoT). The open source version enables developers to download the software for free and use it in production as well as make contributions to the code and develop applications around Riak TS. Enhancements to Riak TS make it quick, easy and cost-effective to spin up an instance to test new ideas and build IoT applications. In addition to...
Jun. 28, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 510
When people aren’t talking about VMs and containers, they’re talking about serverless architecture. Serverless is about no maintenance. It means you are not worried about low-level infrastructural and operational details. An event-driven serverless platform is a great use case for IoT. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Animesh Singh, an STSM and Lead for IBM Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, will detail how to build a distributed serverless, polyglot, microservices framework using open source tec...
Jun. 28, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 460
Apixio Inc. has raised $19.3 million in Series D venture capital funding led by SSM Partners with participation from First Analysis, Bain Capital Ventures and Apixio’s largest angel investor. Apixio will dedicate the proceeds toward advancing and scaling products powered by its cognitive computing platform, further enabling insights for optimal patient care. The Series D funding comes as Apixio experiences strong momentum and increasing demand for its HCC Profiler solution, which mines unstruc...
Jun. 28, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 415
IoT offers a value of almost $4 trillion to the manufacturing industry through platforms that can improve margins, optimize operations & drive high performance work teams. By using IoT technologies as a foundation, manufacturing customers are integrating worker safety with manufacturing systems, driving deep collaboration and utilizing analytics to exponentially increased per-unit margins. However, as Benoit Lheureux, the VP for Research at Gartner points out, “IoT project implementers often ...
Jun. 28, 2016 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 451
It is one thing to build single industrial IoT applications, but what will it take to build the Smart Cities and truly society changing applications of the future? The technology won’t be the problem, it will be the number of parties that need to work together and be aligned in their motivation to succeed. In his Day 2 Keynote at @ThingsExpo, Henrik Kenani Dahlgren, Portfolio Marketing Manager at Ericsson, discussed how to plan to cooperate, partner, and form lasting all-star teams to change t...
Jun. 28, 2016 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,302
In his general session at 18th Cloud Expo, Lee Atchison, Principal Cloud Architect and Advocate at New Relic, discussed cloud as a ‘better data center’ and how it adds new capacity (faster) and improves application availability (redundancy). The cloud is a ‘Dynamic Tool for Dynamic Apps’ and resource allocation is an integral part of your application architecture, so use only the resources you need and allocate /de-allocate resources on the fly.
Jun. 28, 2016 08:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,235
Presidio has received the 2015 EMC Partner Services Quality Award from EMC Corporation for achieving outstanding service excellence and customer satisfaction as measured by the EMC Partner Services Quality (PSQ) program. Presidio was also honored as the 2015 EMC Americas Marketing Excellence Partner of the Year and 2015 Mid-Market East Partner of the Year. The EMC PSQ program is a project-specific survey program designed for partners with Service Partner designations to solicit customer feedbac...
Jun. 28, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 483
In his keynote at 18th Cloud Expo, Andrew Keys, Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise, provided an overview of the evolution of the Internet and the Database and the future of their combination – the Blockchain. Andrew Keys is Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise. He comes to ConsenSys Enterprise with capital markets, technology and entrepreneurial experience. Previously, he worked for UBS investment bank in equities analysis. Later, he was responsible for the creation and distribution of life sett...
Jun. 28, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,354
SYS-CON Events announced today that Bsquare has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's @ThingsExpo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. For more than two decades, Bsquare has helped its customers extract business value from a broad array of physical assets by making them intelligent, connecting them, and using the data they generate to optimize business processes.
Jun. 26, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,265
Cloud computing is being adopted in one form or another by 94% of enterprises today. Tens of billions of new devices are being connected to The Internet of Things. And Big Data is driving this bus. An exponential increase is expected in the amount of information being processed, managed, analyzed, and acted upon by enterprise IT. This amazing is not part of some distant future - it is happening today. One report shows a 650% increase in enterprise data by 2020. Other estimates are even higher....
Jun. 26, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,355
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 19th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the most profound change in personal and enterprise IT since the creation of the Worldwide Web more than 20 years ago. All major researchers estimate there will be tens of billions devices - comp...
Jun. 26, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,318
19th Cloud Expo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy. Meanwhile, 94% of enterpri...
Jun. 26, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,403