|By PR Newswire||
|November 21, 2012 01:31 AM EST||
HOLLYWOOD, Fla., Nov. 21, 2012 /PRNewswire-iReach/ -- Prolexic, the global leader in Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) protection services, announced today that it has published a new white paper in its Executive Series. A complimentary copy of the white paper, Strategies for Surviving a Cyber Attack this Holiday Season, can be downloaded from prolexic.com/holidayddos for a limited time.
The fourth quarter is a critical sales period for online retailers. According to predictions by digital marketing intelligence firm comScore, consumers will spend more than US$2 billion on online purchases on Black Friday and Cyber Monday this year. E-Commerce businesses have the potential to make 25 percent to 40 percent of their annual sales and profits during the holiday sales season.
Unfortunately, DDoS attacks against e-Commerce sites typically increase during the holiday sales season. Data compiled by the Prolexic Security Engineering & Response Team (PLXsert) and released exclusively in the new white paper, shows that between Q4 2009 and Q4 2010 there was an 8 percent increase in the total number of DDoS attacks against Prolexic's global client base of e-Commerce companies. Between Q4 2010 and Q4 2011, the total number of attacks increased significantly, rising 153 percent.
Prolexic's white paper examines how an extended outage from a DDoS attack can not only lead to greater financial losses, but also adversely affect the reputation of an online business, its customer relationships and even its search engine rankings. The paper also recommends best practices that support fast, controlled DDoS mitigation to minimize the impact of attacks.
"Prolexic advises all businesses that depend on online sales for revenues in Q4 to hope for the best, but prepare for the worst," said Stuart Scholly, president of Prolexic. "This paper can help businesses be proactive and adopt strategies that minimize financial loss in the event a DDoS attack strikes this holiday season."
In addition, Prolexic recently released the Prolexic DDoS downtime cost calculator, an online tool for gauging the cost and risk of a DDoS attack in a custom report. The Prolexic calculator also provides best practice tips and DDoS protection advice. E-Retailers and other e-Commerce businesses can use the report to evaluate the effectiveness of their DDoS protection strategies and take proactive steps if necessary. The Prolexic calculator is available for use at no charge at www.prolexic.com.
Prolexic is the world's largest, most trusted Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) mitigation provider. Able to absorb the largest and most complex attacks ever launched, Prolexic restores mission-critical Internet-facing infrastructures for global enterprises and government agencies within minutes. Ten of the world's largest banks and the leading companies in e-Commerce, SaaS, payment processing, travel/hospitality, gaming and other at-risk industries rely on Prolexic to protect their businesses. Founded in 2003 as the world's first in-the-cloud DDoS mitigation platform, Prolexic is headquartered in Hollywood, Florida and has scrubbing centers located in the Americas, Europe and Asia. To learn more about how Prolexic can stop DDoS attacks and protect your business, please visit www.prolexic.com, follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Google+ , YouTube , and @Prolexic on Twitter.
Michael E. Donner
SVP, Chief Marketing Officer
+1 (954) 620 6017
To view this video on YouTube, please visit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0G-iwDRSp8&feature=plcp
SOURCE Prolexic Technologies
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict