|By Bob Gourley||
|November 20, 2012 04:24 PM EST||
I just saw an invitation to an event you will want to attend if you are an enterprise technologist in the Maryland, Northern Virginia or DC area. The creator of Apache Hadoop, Lucene and many related capabilities, Doug Cutting, will be featured in a session where he will provide context on Hadoop’s movement beyond batch. This talk will provide insights into Cloudera Impala.
Text from the invite and a registration link is below:
Beyond Batch presentation by Doug Cutting
On the heels of last month’s Strata Conference + Hadoop World, please join us on Wednesday, December 5th for a special event with Hadoop creator and Cloudera Chief Architect Doug Cutting. Doug will deliver his keynote presentation, Beyond Batch (please see below for a session description) and will discuss in greater detail Cloudera Impala, which enables real-time, interactive analytical queries of the data stored in HBase or HDFS. Plenty of time will be allocated to Q&A so please bring your questions for Doug.
This event will be held from 6pm-8pm at the Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory. Food and beverage will be provided. There is no cost to attend.
Beyond Batch: Hadoop started as an offline, batch-processing system. It made it practical to store and process much larger datasets than before. Subsequently, more interactive, online systems emerged, integrating with Hadoop. First among these was HBase, the key/value store. Now scalable interactive query engines are beginning to join the Hadoop ecosystem. Realtime is gradually becoming a viable peer to batch in big data.
Doug Cutting, is the creator of numerous successful open source projects, including Lucene, Nutch and Hadoop. Doug joined Cloudera in 2009 from Yahoo!, where he was a key member of the team that built and deployed a production Hadoop storage and analysis cluster for mission-critical business analytics. Doug holds a Bachelor’s degree from Stanford University and sits on the Board (and is currently chairman) of the Apache Software Foundation.
Meet Hadoop Creator
December 5, 2012
6:00 – 8:00 PM
Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory
11100 Johns Hopkins Road
Building 200, Room E100
Laurel, Maryland 20723
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict