|By PR Newswire||
|November 20, 2012 01:03 PM EST||
NEW YORK, Nov. 20, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- More than 250 touch-screen digital signage displays from LG Electronics are at the heart of a unique program that's bringing interactive kiosks to Manhattan and the outer boroughs over the next several months, LG Electronics USA announced today.
Demonstrating the power of touch-screen technology to connect with locals and tourists alike, the first displays were unveiled today in the Union Square area of Manhattan by City24/7, the New York-based start-up that developed the innovative pilot program with the City Department of Information Technology and Telecommunications.
The LG touch-screens – high-brightness 32-inch class (31.5 inches measured diagonally) LED displays – will help revitalize existing phone kiosks and engage passersby in new ways. Users will see content that is geo-targeted and relevant to where they are standing, including real-time information, local events, restaurant and entertainment (with reservation and ticketing options), shopping and transport information. City24/7 also plans to launch a companion mobile channel for users to carry with them, wherever they go – also of interest to LG as a leading smartphone maker.
City24/7 has been working with New York City Agencies, The Union Square Partnership, City Maps, Roadify, Google Places and other content partners to deliver an engaging experience. A portion of the revenue generated by the sales of advertisements on the platform will be reinvested in the community, according to City24/7. The LG screens are not only compliant with the Americans with Disabilities Act, but also ENERGY STAR® qualified, and will also serve a dual-purpose as Wi-Fi hotspots.
"In this innovative application, LG display innovations help create an interactive and engaging experience," said Y.K. Cho, business-to-business senior vice president, LG Electronics USA. "Our ruggedized outdoor high-definition LED touch-screen monitors were designed to be intuitive and user-friendly and we are pleased to enable such an innovative project with our touch solution."
Real-Time Info, Plus Compelling Ads
City24/7 CEO Tom Touchet said his firm selected the LG touch-screen displays for a variety of reasons. "The image clarity and anti-reflective properties of LG's rugged outdoor touch-screen made it particularly valuable for this type of out-of-home installation," he said. "We are pleased to work with LG, both as a technology partner and as a charter sponsor, to bring this great project to the streets of New York."
Complementing its screen technology for interactive kiosks, LG Electronics has committed to a charter co-sponsorship, securing 50 percent of the advertising screen presence. Every hour, every day, 17.5 minutes will be dedicated to LG content and brand presence on the screens. LG will also participate in City24/7's mobile and web platforms, further strengthening LG's brand presence throughout the metropolitan area.
"In addition to providing useful information to passersby, City24/7's interactive kiosks with LG displays will deliver a compelling brand experience," said James Fishler, senior vice president, marketing and go-to-market operations, LG Electronics USA. "This innovative program not only helps power communication for New Yorkers, but also is a key platform for expanding LG's brand presence throughout the city."
Optimized for Outdoor Use
The new LG displays feature technologies that make them a well-suited solution for delivering messages in outdoor spaces. LG's In Plane Switching (IPS) panel technology helps ensure accurate color saturation and contrast at wide-angle viewing (both horizontal and vertical), resulting in a display with great picture quality that can be installed at virtually any angle or height. LG's unique display technology also provides a temperature tolerance of up to 230 degrees Fahrenheit (110 degrees Celsius), which helps alleviate a common problem of the screens overheating, affecting picture quality.
LG touch-screen solutions are enhanced through collaborations with Horizon Display, Kristel and Tech Global. From directions in a hotel lobby to navigating the latest news on campus, commercial touch-screens are being used to make it simple to communicate with customers. LG touch-screens come in three sizes; 47-inch class (46.9 inches diagonal) and 42-inch class (42.0 inches diagonal), and the 32-inch class size (31.5 inches diagonal) used by City24/7.
LG's commercial display solutions represent a wide variety of product categories, including LG CINEMA 3D displays, LED HD monitors, large screen LCD HD monitors, stretch screen HD monitors, interactive touch-screen displays, LCD HDTVs, IPS and LED desktop monitors, video conferencing systems, multipurpose HD projectors, dynamic media players, network attached storage, optical disk drives and digital signage solutions.
Technical specifications and details for all LG commercial solutions can be found on LG's website at www.LGsolutions.com.
Designs, features and specifications subject to change without notice. LG LED monitors are LCD monitors with LED backlighting.
About LG Electronics USA
The LG Electronics USA Home Entertainment B2B Division serves commercial display customers in the digital signage, lodging and hospitality, systems integration, healthcare, education, government and industrial markets. Based in Lincolnshire, Ill., with its dedicated engineering and customer support team, LG Electronics USA HE B2B delivers business-to-business technology solutions tailored to the particular needs of business environments. LG Electronics USA, Inc., based in Englewood Cliffs, N.J., is the North American subsidiary of LG Electronics, Inc., a $49 billion global force in consumer electronics, home appliances and mobile communications. LG Electronics is a 2012 ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year. For more information, please visit www.LGSolutions.com.
City24/7 is a revolutionary communications network designed for the 21st century, debuting in New York City, expanding nationwide and across the globe. City24/7 provides the information that people today expect instantly, with a goal to make public communications more accessible to everyone in every place. For more information, visit www.smartcity24x7.com
SOURCE LG Electronics USA
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict