|By PR Newswire||
|November 19, 2012 02:36 PM EST||
PRAIRIE VILLAGE, Kan., Nov. 19, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Illuminate® PatientView™, the newest application of Softek Illuminate's search engine and data aggregation technology, will be introduced at the Radiological Society of North America's annual meeting Nov. 25-30 at Chicago's McCormick Place and demonstrated by Softek associates in booth 9141.
According to Softek CEO Matt McLenon, PatientView saves clinicians time and improves diagnoses by automatically displaying, at a minimum, a patient's radiology, pathology and laboratory history every time they open a new study. Radiologists report that going to the electronic medical record system to find and view this information can take up to 10 minutes. PatientView lets them review it all in seconds.
Radiologists, pathologists and other clinicians no longer need to interpret a patient's imaging exams, tissue specimens or blood work in an informational vacuum, McLenon said. For example, when a patient comes to a hospital Emergency Department with vague abdominal pain and has a scan, radiologists can immediately see the lab report of the lipase level and be sure it's pancreatitis. If a clinician is reading a chest CT and sees abnormalities in the lungs, they can quickly see if the patient has ever had radiation therapy.
Even previous radiology studies can be reviewed with little more than a scroll and click, much easier than the steps required with current image-viewing technology. Having a more complete patient history means definitive diagnoses can be made in less time with fewer additional tests so that necessary treatment can begin sooner, McLenon said.
"PatientView's data aggregation turns a hospital's EMR system into an information ally," he added. "Clinicians don't have to battle it for the data they need to point the way to better patient care and business practices."
Other Illuminate® applications – all of which will be demonstrated at RSNA – include InSight™ to search the data archive and send patient and exam alerts to clinicians; ActKnowledge™ to document the communication of non-routine findings; Analytics™ for real-time business intelligence; and OnPatrol™ for real-time physician ordering trends.
For more information or to schedule an appointment to view Illuminate® PatientView at RSNA, contact Lee Lueck at 913.981.5285 or [email protected].
SOURCE Softek Solutions, Inc.
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict