|By Marketwired .||
|November 19, 2012 07:00 AM EST||
SAN RAMON, CA and PALO ALTO, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 11/19/12 -- WANdisco (LSE: WAND), a leading provider of global collaboration software to the software development industry, announced today it has completed the acquisition of Silicon Valley-based software company AltoStor. This acquisition underscores WANdisco's drive into the Big Data solutions market, forecasted by analyst firm Wikibon to grow 58% between 2012 and 2017 and from $5 billion to over $50 billion in the same timeframe.
AltoStor is a small, pioneering firm with a deep expertise in the Big Data market. Its founders, Dr. Konstantin Shvachko and Jagane Sundar, are among the core Apache Hadoop creators, developers and on-going contributors. Hadoop is a proven open source Big Data technology that is the backbone of many of the world's largest and most important databases utilized by companies such as Yahoo, Facebook, Netflix, Amazon and eBay.
"The AltoStor acquisition will enable WANdisco to launch products quickly into the highly-lucrative Big Data market," said WANdisco Chairman and CEO David Richards. "Combining our patented technology with AltoStor's Big Data platform will provide us with a significant competitive advantage and provide organizations with a more reliable approach for managing big data. The support AltoStor's founders have for the WANdisco story is an important part of this deal."
By applying WANdisco's patented "active-active replication" technology, currently being deployed to enable faster, more efficient software development, to Big Data, businesses could take steps to minimize data loss and realize zero downtime in operating large, mission-critical databases. WANdisco plans to announce the availability of its first Big Data-targeted solution in Q1 2013.
In addition, the AltoStor founders will join WANdisco and play a leading role in WANdisco's Big Data product development and rollout. Shvachko and Sundar have unparalleled expertise in Big Data, and specifically Hadoop, which they helped create as part of a 12-person team at Yahoo. More recently, Shvachko implemented Hadoop at eBay where he was the Principal Big Data Architect. Sundar will join as chief technology officer & vice president of engineering for Big Data and Shvachko as the chief architect of Big Data.
"Prior to this acquisition, we had a number of options including venture capital and acquisition approaches from several large Silicon Valley software companies desiring to enhance their Big Data products," said Shvachko. "When we first spoke with WANdisco, we recognized immediately that WANdisco's patented replication technology, combined with AltoStor's products and knowledge, could create a compelling product offering that virtually every enterprise looking to deploy Hadoop could utilize."
WANdisco will host a live webinar on December 11 at 10:00 a.m. PST where Richards, Shvachko and Sundar will discuss the acquisition and WANdisco's direction in the Big Data Market. For more information and to register, visit The Future of Big Data for the Enterprise.
WANdisco (LSE: WAND) is a leading provider of enterprise high-availability software. Fortune Global 1000 companies such as AT&T, Intel, Honda, Nokia, Juniper Networks and Motorola rely on WANdisco's high availability solutions for enterprise-class performance, scalability and 24-by-7 availability. A recent Forrester Total Economic Impact (TEI) study of WANdisco's technology revealed a 167 percent return on investment resulting in a nine-month payback period. Please visit us at: http://www.wandisco.com.
Subversion and the Subversion logo are trademarks of the Apache Software Foundation. All product and company names herein may be trademarks of their registered owners.
For further information please contact:
via FTI Consulting
David Richards, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer
Nick Parker, Chief Financial Officer
+44 (0)20 7831 3113
Matt Dixon / Sophie McMillan / Jon Snowball
Panmure Gordon & Co.:
+44 (0)20 7459 3600
Fred Walsh / Giles Stewart (Corporate Finance)
Adam Pollock, Charles Leigh-Pemberton (Corporate Broking)
+1 (510) 748 8200 x203
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict