|By Cloud Ventures||
|November 18, 2012 01:08 PM EST||
Companies Gain Single Path to Storage Access across Cloud, Mobile, and In-House File Servers
Storage Made Easy, formerly SME Storage, unifies storage with its Cloud Service Brokerage solution, providing complete access to files via a single management tool, no matter the file location.
“Managing files spread across multiple onsite and public cloud information services is more than challenging, it actually interferes with business operations,” says CEO Jim Liddle. “We’re directly addressing ‘cloud sprawl’ and the ‘shadow IT’ effect these services are imposing on organizations.”
A proven player in cloud service brokerage, Storage Made Easy provides cohesive access to multiple internal and external data services and unifies management, security, governance, and search. The service offers strong audit, BYOD management, and compliance capabilities coupled with fast cross-service file search from any client or device.
Storage Made Easy can be used directly within the enterprise or existing cloud storage providers can use the solution to offer value-added services to their clients.
The Storage Made Easy platform is available as a VMware appliance that can be installed in the corporate data center or can be hosted on Amazon EC2 or Linode. The open cloud platform syncs all meta-data while the original files reside on the original storage platforms. Storage Made Easy offers a rich-client Web UI as well as Windows, Mac, and Linux tools. Files can be accessed via the iPhone, iPad, Android, BlackBerry and Windows Phone mobile devices, as well as other access points such as Google Gadget, Firefox / Chrome Plug-In’s, Facebook, Microsoft Office, Open Office, among others.
This single-cloud file system allows file management from a one-cloud file tree. It comes integrated with enterprise identity management systems like Active Directory to enable single sign-on of multiple federated cloud services while maintaining permissions.
“One client is using our service to create a unified file view literally across the globe, combining the local data center with cloud services to provide file access to branches in different continents,” continued Liddle. “Storage Made Easy gives enterprises and SMBs a way to leverage all the benefits of the cloud and manage complete data access without having to integrate anything, saving significant cost and headaches along the way.”
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict