|By Bob Gourley||
|November 16, 2012 11:52 AM EST||
- Square Now Processing $10B In Annual Payments; Added $2B Over Past Month (And That Doesn’t Include Starbucks) - Square is quickly becoming the revenue operator of choice to small businesses. Their simple pricing has small business abandoning direct relationships with credit card vendors (and taking business more easily on the road). Square also has a new relationship with Square, to accept Square Wallet, via TechCrunch, more here.
- Google Is Finally Installing Gigabit Fiber In Kansas City Homes - Google is starting to roll out their “fiberhoods,” in Kansas City, and they are doing it completely differently than any other service provider. According to Google: “We’ve found that the difference between dreading an installation and feeling like you had a good experience comes down to us caring about the details that matter the most to you. For example, we’ll show up when we’re supposed to-at the start of your appointment, not somewhere in the middle. We’ll clean up any mess; each installer carries a vacuum cleaner. And we’ll answer your questions and teach you about your devices-don’t be afraid to ask us questions, or to ask us to explain something again in simpler language.” I can’t wait for Google to roll out fiber in my town. Via Gizmodo, more here.
- Here’s how it looks when big data goes mobile-first - Zoomdata has received $1.1M in seed funding to offer business intelligence to those interested in selling to mobile. Zoomdata is attempting to paint a picture of all the data companies use. Via GigaOM, more here.
- Google Intros New Acer C7 Chromebook, Priced at an Extremely Low $199 - The latest in the Chromebook line is from Acer, and powered by an Intel chipset. Unlike the Samsung Chromebook, which is powered by an ARM processor, it has shorter battery life and is larger and heavier. However, it will most likely be a bit faster than the ARM alternative. Via Droid-Life, more here.
- Making Sense of Big Social Data - Robert J Boeri examines how to make sense of Big Social Data in eContentMag. More here.
- Dropbox Chooser lets web apps attach files from the cloud - Dropbox has made a connection with Facebook Groups, and are now rolling out an API to allow developers to integrate Dropbox for sharing files. If you further update that file to your Dropbox, it will be updated everywhere it’s be shared. Via Engadget, more here.
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict