|By Business Wire||
|November 16, 2012 01:34 PM EST||
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/j9q7km/global_nfc_sim) has announced the addition of the "Global NFC SIM Market 2011-2015" report to their offering.
One of the key factors contributing to this market growth is the increasing adoption of NFC technology in Japan. The Global NFC SIM market has also been witnessing the growing trend of contactless payments. However, the lack of NFC infrastructure could pose a challenge to the growth of this market.
Key vendors dominating this space include Gemalto N.V., KEBTechnology Co. Ltd., and Oberthur Technologies SA.
Other vendors mentioned in the report are Giesecke and Devrient Gmbh, Safran Morpho, and Sunward Telecom Ltd.
Commenting on the report, an analyst from TechNavio's Telecom team said: ''One of the key advantages of near field communication (NFC) technology is that it can be used to perform various day-to-day transactions. Mobile devices can serve as a form of ID as well as an electronic wallet. NFC applications such as mobile payment and mobile wallet have rapidly attracted consumers and large companies across the world. Companies such as American Express Co., VISA, and Google Inc. have adopted mobile payments. This gives companies a chance to know their customer preferences and a medium to interact with them. They can track consumer interest and provide incentives based on purchasing behavior.''
According to the report, mobile operators across the globe have shown interest and support for NFC SIM rollout. More than 45 mobile operators have backed NFC technology for this GSM Association's standard. They are working together to provide extra security and interoperability through NFC SIM cards. Vodafone Group plc. is partnering with VISA Inc. to launch its mobile wallet in European countries such as Germany, Spain, the UK, the Netherlands, etc. Vodafone has significantly large numbers of customers in these countries that could drive the demand for NFC SIMs.
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/j9q7km/global_nfc_sim.
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict