|By Marketwired .||
|November 16, 2012 01:13 PM EST||
NEW YORK, NY and CAMBRIDGE, MA -- (Marketwire) -- 11/16/12 -- Underscoring the company's ongoing commitment to advancing innovation in the sourcing industry and beyond, Panjiva, the B2B platform powering the business of global trade, today announced that co-founder and CTO James Psota will be leading a discussion on Big Data technology at the Big Data Conference during the MIT-CHIEF event. As one of the region's leading technologists adept at leveraging data mining to make Big Data useful, Psota will lend his expertise to the panel "Big Data Applications and Business Use Cases."
The panel will focus on the applications of Big Data to various industry verticals, including how to spot and assess opportunities of monetizing from data, best practices and pitfalls. Psota will specifically speak to his experience applying Big Data to the global trade and sourcing industry in co-founding and growing Panjiva. Psota will use Global Search, a global trade search engine developed under Psota's lead that crawls, indexes and organizes millions of data points to intelligently present information on more than 35 million unique products and 6 million companies worldwide, as a real-world example.
Hosted with the New England Chinese Information and Networking Association (NECINA), the Big Data Conference is part of the MIT-China Innovation and Entrepreneurship Forum (MIT-CHIEF) conference, a two-day event which includes keynotes and panel discussions on technology, innovation and entrepreneurship as well as an exciting "Pitch to China" business plan contest.
Big Data has become one of the most important technology trends driving business growth and innovation. According to the MassTLC Big Data report, Boston alone now features nearly 100 companies engaged in Big Data technology, of which Panjiva is a leader. The MIT-CHIEF/NECINA joint conference will cover:
- Trends in Big Data technology and applications
- How start-ups are monetizing data
- A survey of Big Data technology and tools on the market
Psota joins a roster of respected leaders from academia, industry and the investment community on the program. Other speakers include Steve Papa, founder of Endeca; Sam Madden, Big Data thought leader and professor at MIT's Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Laboratory (CSAIL); and Chris Lynch, partner of Atlas Venture and serial entrepreneur.
Sunday, November 18, 2012 from 8:15 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. ET
MIT Building 32 (Stata Center), 32 Vassar St., Cambridge, MA, USA
To register or learn more about the event, visit http://necina.org/the-big-data-revolution/.
Panjiva powers the business of global trade. The company's B2B platform combines content and communication to fuel 21st century trade by enabling serious buyers and sellers to connect with one another quickly and easily. By combining diverse data sets that enable decision making with robust technology that makes the process of analyzing the data more efficient, Panjiva provides an unmatched level of insight on the companies, products and trends shaping global trade. With more than a million unique online visitors each month and 5,000 paying users across a wide variety of industries, Panjiva is a trusted resource to gain insight into, and make contact with, more than 6 million companies that make 35 million unique products. Panjiva was founded by CEO Josh Green and CTO James Psota. Panjiva has received equity investments from Battery Ventures and Harrison Metal. For additional information, visit: http://panjiva.com.
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict