|By Marketwired .||
|November 16, 2012 11:52 AM EST||
SAN FRANCISCO, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 11/16/12 -- Devicescape today announced it has won the "Best New Ventures or Business Plan" category of the WBA Wi-Fi Industry Awards 2012. The distinction highlights the company's innovative Wi-Fi offload solution for the mobile operator community. The awards were presented at a celebration dinner at the WBA Wi-Fi Global Congress event in San Francisco Wednesday night.
"It's a privilege to be able to recognize and celebrate the innovations and significant achievements of our members from around the world -- companies who are collectively ensuring an exciting future for next generation Wi-Fi," said Shrikant Shenwai, CEO of the Wireless Broadband Alliance.
Mobile operators seeking to enhance their network infrastructure and overall user experience rely on the Devicescape Wi-Fi offload solution that leverages a Curated Virtual Network (CVN) of over 11 million quality-controlled hotspots worldwide. This end-to-end solution is a unique approach to extending the reach of an operator's network maintaining a carrier-grade level of quality. Operators are able to provide their customers with data saving options and an automated connection to wireless broadband networks through the use of the Devicescape software client and cloud-based CVN.
"We consider it a great honor to be recognized by the WBA for this award as it speaks to our mission to make the Wi-Fi experience accessible and high quality for everyone," said Simon Wynn, VP of Engineering at Devicescape. "It's encouraging to see the level of innovation being accomplished in our industry and believe that the Devicescape solution only further validates the growth and need of Wi-Fi, not just to the mobile operator community but to the millions of mobile device owners at large."
The awards were open to the whole industry and were judged independently of the WBA by a panel of distinguished analysts, journalists and industry experts, chaired by Joe Madden, Principal Analyst, Wireless, Mobile Experts LLC. Devicescape was chosen amongst a highly competitive field within their award category which included Boingo/Cloud Nine and BSkyB/The Cloud.
For more information on the WBA Awards 2012, please visit: wballiance.com/awards
Devicescape, The WiFi Offload Company, connects more devices to more WiFi hotspots than any other offload service because Devicescape manages the largest virtual network of hotspots worldwide. Devicescape, which serves mobile operators with advanced WiFi solutions, is headquartered in California, privately held by leading venture capital companies including Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, August Capital, JAFCO Ventures, and Enterprise Partners. Online at www.devicescape.com
About the Wireless Broadband Alliance
Founded in 2003, the aim of the Wireless Broadband Alliance (WBA) is to secure an outstanding user experience through the global deployment of next generation Wi-Fi. The WBA and its industry leading members are dedicated to delivering this quality experience through technology innovation, interoperability, and robust security. Today, membership includes major fixed operators such as BT, Comcast and Time Warner Cable; seven of the top 10 mobile operator groups (by revenue) and leading technology companies such as Cisco, Google and Intel. WBA member operators collectively serve more than 1 billion subscribers and operate more than 1 million hotspots globally. They also work with international operators to drive innovation, deliver seamless connectivity and optimize network investments. The WBA Board includes AT&T, Boingo Wireless, BT, China Mobile, Cisco Systems, Intel Corporation, iPass, KT Corporation, NTT DOCOMO and Orange. www.wballiance.com
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict