|By PR Newswire||
|November 16, 2012 10:01 AM EST||
LONDON, November 16, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
Samsung is a company on the up, with strong revenues coming from their smartphones. It's hardly surprising; Samsung makes more smartphone models than practically anyone else, and all are marketed at different markets, with good quality and specs features. The Samsung Galaxy Y is a great example of Samsung's strategy.
The 'Y' of the Galaxy Y's name stands for 'Youth'. You see, it's marketed at the younger members of our society, and has the features to back it up. There's Wi-Fi and mobile 3G internet connection options, so it's possible - and very easy - to get online from anywhere. With Facebook and Twitter now to popular, to be successful it's essential a smartphone can access these services at any time. The built-in Social Hub, which is a Samsung-only app, is only feature that demonstrates Samsung's recognition of social media capabilities as important. The Social Hub collects together messages and updates from many sources - email, text, instant messages, LinkedIn, Facebook and so on - in one place. It makes socialising that little bit easy.
The Samsung Galaxy Y is also designed for fast socialising. The Swype feature lets you type by just touching the first letter of the word you want and then dragging your finger from letter to letter to spell your chosen word. It makes messaging very fast, with claims of 50 words per minute and up. It also makes texting with one hand fast too.
Updating social networks with new photos is catered for with the 2MP camera, and there's an integrated music player and YouTube preinstalled for entertainment value. Which brings us on to apps? With the Samsung Galaxy Y running Android, in fact the most popular version, 2.3 Gingerbread, it can access the Google Play Store. Here there are hundreds of thousands of apps, letting users read the news, play games and customise their phones whenever and wherever.
Then, there's the price. At Carphone Warehouse, for example, the Samsung Galaxy Y is available free with a Pay monthly contract of just £7.50. You'll also get free calls, texts and internet data. Don't want a contract? The Pay as you go price at the same retailer is a wallet friendly £64.95. Even the pricing is well thought out.
Notes to Editors
• Carphone Warehouse is the largest independent mobile phone retailer in the UK, with over 800 stores nationwide
• Discover how to get more from your gadgets with eye openers from Carphone Warehouse. Eye openers is a YouTube channel which features videos of Carphone Warehouse team members sharing useful hints and tips on everything from laptops to Sat Navs to the latest mobile phones. With new videos being added each month, users can search through hundreds of videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/eyeopeners.
About Carphone Warehouse and Geek Squad
In 2006 Best Buy established a partnership with Carphone Warehouse to bring its business model and mobile phone expertise to the US market under the banner 'Best Buy Mobile'. Two years later, Best Buy acquired 50% of The Carphone Warehouse's European and US retail interests for £1.1billion, creating Best Buy Europe. The joint venture now encompasses the following retail and technical support brands: Carphone Warehouse, The Phone House and Geek Squad.
Best Buy Europe
SOURCE Carphone Warehouse
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict