|By PR Newswire||
|November 16, 2012 03:01 AM EST||
LONDON, November 16, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
Not all the decisions made by the EU have a tangible impact on consumers here in the UK, but the recent changes made to the rules in terms of gender neutral insurance surely will. Many of the experts are advising that those in search of life insurance act fast in order to avoid bearing the brunt of the amendments made in Europe.
A gender neutral approach to insurance premiums will come into effect across the entire industry from 21st December 2012. This is a key date for consumers because it is likely to bring with it a rise in premiums, particularly for women who were previously given a better deal on insurance products, including car insurance and life insurance.
The team at Lifebroker is keen to stress that those searching for suitable life insurance cover will continue to see the benefits of individually-tailored policies until that date arrives. This means that women on the lookout for an appropriate life insurance policy may be able to seek out a better deal for the next few weeks only.
After the 21st December, women will be subject to the same rules as men when it comes to life insurance. This means that they will no longer receive favourable premiums and any quotes given after the all-important date are likely to be around 15% higher than those given out beforehand.
Many in the industry are advising proactivity. Consumers are encouraged to learn about what gender neutral premiums mean for them and to do so quickly if they have designs upon securing a policy at a favourable rate. The team at Lifebroker has already seen a high number of inquiries from consumers in recent weeks and months concerned about the premiums they may be subject to after the EU rule change comes into effect.
Those interested in speaking to an expert about obtaining the right cover quickly can visit the Lifebroker website at http://www.lifebroker.co.uk where they will have access to specialist advice and guidance.
The new rules are expected to affect policies for men as well as women, which is why consumers eager to explore their life insurance options are urged to take the matter up with the professionals as soon as possible.
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict