|By Business Wire||
|November 15, 2012 11:28 AM EST||
Answering customers’ demands for more high-end Androids and 4G access, Virgin Mobile USA steps in with its familiar “Higher Calling” promise to deliver the ultra-thin and award-winning Samsung Galaxy S® II 4G from Samsung Telecommunications America (Samsung Mobile), the No. 1 mobile phone provider in the United States1. It pairs up for amazing value with Virgin Mobile’s Beyond Talk unlimited data and messaging plans2 that start at $35 per month.
SAMSUNG GALAXY S® II 4G on Virgin Mobile USA, Available in White and Titanium (Photo: Business Wire)
Available in Titanium and White, Samsung Galaxy S II is available today for $369.99 at virginmobileusa.com, our Virgin Mobile-branded doors and participating dealers. Among major national retailers, only RadioShack offers the Virgin Mobile Samsung Galaxy S II 4G in Titanium.
Samsung Galaxy S II 4G is loaded with a dazzling oversized 4.52-inch Super AMOLED™ Plus touchscreen, dual cameras and the Samsung Exynos™ processor, one of the fastest dual-core processors in the industry. Virgin Mobile customers can snap vibrant photos, record full HD video on the go, and browse the Web at 4G (WiMAX) speeds, where 4G coverage is available, on the smartphone’s brilliant display. For an additional $15 a month [add-on required] customers can take advantage of the phone’s mobile hotspot capability and create a personal Wi-Fi® network with connections for up to eight devices.
“Samsung Galaxy S II adds tremendous value to Virgin Mobile’s all-smartphone lineup,” said Mark Lederman, director, Virgin Mobile USA. “Coupled with our affordable unlimited data & messaging plans starting at just $35 per month, this is an ideal package for those who think they have to go to postpaid carriers for the hottest devices and to save money.”
Here’s a quick glance at key features on the Samsung Galaxy S II:
- 4.52-inch full touchscreen – Super AMOLED™ Plus display
- Android™ 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
- Dual-mode 3G/4G
- Mobile hotspot capability (add-on required)
- Wi-Fi capable
- 1.2GHz dual-core processor
- Dual-facing cameras: 8.0MP primary camera/camcorder (to capture HD-quality pictures and video clips) and 2.0MP front-facing
- Bluetooth® 3.0
- External memory card supported up to 32GB (microSD not included)
- Google PlayTM for all the latest apps
The feature-packed Android smartphone operates on Sprint’s 3G and 4G (WiMAXTM) networks, bringing 4G speeds to Virgin Mobile customers in 71 markets across the country with average upload speeds of 3-6Mbps and bursts of more than 10Mbps, as well as access to Sprint’s nationwide 3G network which reaches more than 278 million people. Samsung Galaxy S II 4G joins Samsung Galaxy Reverb (available at $199.99) in Virgin Mobile USA’s lineup.
About Virgin Mobile USA
Virgin Mobile USA is “Highest Ranked Customer Service Performance among Non-Contract Wireless Providers” (Vol. 1 and Vol. 2) by J.D. Power and Associates3 and offers millions of customers control, flexibility and connectivity through Virgin Mobile's Beyond Talk™ No-Contract plans with unlimited 3G data, and available 4G data speeds, for mobile phone service, including Android™-powered smartphones and prepaid Broadband2Go high-speed Web access on the Nationwide Sprint Network. Virgin Mobile Beyond Talk monthly unlimited data plans, which start at $35, are ideal for those smartphone users hungry for the most connectivity and the least amount of voice minutes. Virgin Mobile-branded devices are available at more than 40,000 retail stores, including Target, Walmart, Best Buy and RadioShack. Top-Up cards are available at approximately 150,000 locations nationwide. Experience Virgin Mobile on the Web at Facebook, Twitter, You Tube, and purchase Virgin Mobile USA products at www.virginmobileusa.com. For more news, click here.
About Samsung Telecommunications America
Samsung Telecommunications America, LLC, (Samsung Mobile) a Dallas-based subsidiary of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd., researches, develops and markets wireless handsets, wireless infrastructure and other telecommunications products throughout North America. For more information, please visit www.samsung.com.
About Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. is a global leader in semiconductor, telecommunication, digital media and digital convergence technologies with 2011 consolidated sales of US$143.1 billion. Employing approximately 206,000 people in 197 offices across 72 countries, the company operates two separate organizations to coordinate its nine independent business units: Digital Media & Communications, comprising Visual Display, Mobile Communications, Telecommunication Systems, Digital Appliances, IT Solutions, and Digital Imaging; and Device Solutions, consisting of Memory, System LSI and LED. Recognized for its industry-leading performance across a range of economic, environmental and social criteria, Samsung Electronics was named the world’s most sustainable technology company in the 2011 Dow Jones Sustainability Index. For more information, please visit www.samsung.com.
Samsung, Galaxy, Galaxy S, Exynos and Super AMOLED are trademarks of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. Other company names, product names and marks mentioned herein are the property of their respective owners and may be trademarks or registered trademarks. “4G” used in connection with the Samsung Galaxy S II 4G refers to the fact that the device is capable of operating on Sprint’s 4G (WiMAX) network.
1 Samsung is the No. 1 mobile phone provider in the United States and the No. 1 smartphone provider worldwide according to Strategy Analytics, Q3 2012 U.S. Market Share Handset Shipment and Global Smartphone Shipment Reports.
2 All plans include 2.5GB/month of 3G/4G full speed data or 3.5GB/month with purchase of Mobile Hotspot capable device and plan. More information available.
3 Virgin Mobile received the highest numerical score among non-contract wireless providers in the proprietary J.D. Power and Associates 2012 Wireless Customer Care Non-Contract StudySM – Vol. 1 & Vol. 2. Vol. 2 study based on responses from 3,026 consumers measuring seven non-contract wireless providers and measures opinions of consumers who contacted customer care within the past year. Vol. 1 study based on responses from 2,840 consumers measuring six non-contract wireless providers and measures opinions of consumers who contacted customer care within the past year. Proprietary study results are based on experiences and perceptions of consumers surveyed July-December 2011 [Vol. 1] and January-June 2012 [Vol. 2]. Your experiences may vary. Visit jdpower.com.
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict