|By Marketwired .||
|November 15, 2012 08:00 AM EST||
BOSTON, MA and AUSTIN, TX -- (Marketwire) -- 11/15/12 -- LevelUp, the world's first "interchange zero" payment network, today announced a partnership with NetSpend Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: NTSP), a leading provider of general purpose reloadable cards, that will offer a $10 incentive to consumers who link their NetSpend prepaid cards to their LevelUp accounts.
Consumers using LevelUp, the second largest mobile payment network, can use their phones to make payments at more than 3,000 merchants nationwide. By linking their NetSpend prepaid cards to their LevelUp accounts, NetSpend cardholders will receive a $10 credit to their LevelUp accounts, on top of all of the discounts they receive for using LevelUp to make payments.
"We're incredibly excited to work with NetSpend on what will be the first-ever incentive to link NetSpend prepaid cards to the LevelUp payment network," said LevelUp Chief Ninja Seth Priebatsch. "We look forward to working with NetSpend in the future to further remove the barriers between card and mobile payment networks, giving consumers an even better way to manage and save money over time."
"NetSpend customers are very active users of mobile technology and we think they'll appreciate the LevelUp mobile payment experience as well as the opportunity to save money," said Trevor Erxleben, executive vice president, partner channel at NetSpend. "Whether it's adding to the many mobile features available on our accounts or working with a terrific partner like LevelUp to expose our customers to their revolutionary payment technology, mobile is an area of significant focus at NetSpend."
NetSpend and LevelUp's first partnership can be experienced by simply downloading the LevelUp app and linking it to a NetSpend prepaid card. NetSpend prepaid cards can be ordered online at www.netspend.com.
NetSpend is a leading provider of general-purpose reloadable prepaid debit cards and related financial services to the estimated 68 million underbanked consumers in the United States who do not have a traditional bank account or who rely on alternative financial services. The Company's mission is to develop products and services that empower underbanked consumers with the convenience, security and freedom to be self-banked. Headquartered in Austin, TX, NetSpend is traded on the NASDAQ stock exchange under the symbol NTSP. Please visit http://www.netspend.com for more information.
LevelUp is a revolutionary new way to pay. Users pay with their phone, saving time and money. Businesses pay 0% payment processing fees and re-invest those savings into growing their businesses by attracting new customers and bringing them back.
LevelUp is a part of SCVNGR, which is backed by Google Ventures, Balderton Capital, Continental Advisors, Highland Capital, Transmedia Capital and T-Venture.
Media Contact information:
Erica Orthmann or Anna Farnum
LaunchSquad for LevelUp
levelup [at] launchsquad [dot] com
Krista Shepard, 512-531-8732
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict