|By PR Newswire||
|November 15, 2012 06:18 AM EST||
AMHERST, Mass., Nov. 15, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Texifter, a text analytics start-up, is launching access to two new major blog data streams as part of its collaboration with Columbia University: the WordPress fire hose, which gives access to every comment or post on every WordPress blog, and the Disqus PowerTrack, both provided by Gnip, the world's largest provider of social data.
"We provide the tools that allow Fortune 1000 companies and market research firms to analyze the massive amounts of unstructured data available from blogs, social media sites, surveys, and email," says CEO Dr. Stuart Shulman. Dr. Shulman is also a political science professor and director of the Qualitative Data Analysis Program (QDAP) at the University of Massachusetts Amherst. "We are excited about the collaboration with Columbia University and the acquisition of two vibrant and important blog data streams."
Texifter provides cost-effective web-based software for text analytics using unstructured data. Its flagship product, DiscoverText, is a cloud-based software solution that supports advanced filtering, clustering, human coding, and machine learning with unstructured text data. Commercial enterprises, education institutions, and government agencies use DiscoverText for storing and sifting through large amounts of social media data from sources like Facebook, Twitter, and Google+. DiscoverText users develop custom, reusable machine-learning text classifiers, which provide fast and valuable insights. The text analytics process reveals common themes in unstructured data as well as unique, infrequent, or unanticipated findings.
At Columbia University, researchers are utilizing these data to study the role of opinion leaders and other intermediaries in the spread of news links via social media.
"By using DiscoverText and Gnip data streams," notes Dr. Augustin Chaintreau of the Computer Science Department, "We understand this behavior better and can model the role of social networks in creating contextual meaning around important news events."
Founded in 2009, Texifter's current clients include: Google, Volvo, QVC-UK, the National Library of Norway, the US Fish and Wildlife Service, and the Comptroller of the Currency.
This press release was issued through 24-7PressRelease.com. For further information, visit http://www.24-7pressrelease.com.
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict