|By PR Newswire||
|November 15, 2012 05:00 AM EST||
IRVINE, Calif., Nov. 15, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Car shoppers may not be shocked to find out that six of the 10 best-selling vehicles in the country are from foreign automakers, but they might be pleasantly surprised to learn that all 10 are made in America, according to Kelley Blue Book, www.kbb.com, the leading provider of new car and used car information.
"Coming off the heels of election week when many Americans celebrate democracy and patriotism, we thought new-car shoppers would be happy to learn that many popular models with foreign nameplates are actually made right here in the United States," said Jack R. Nerad, executive editorial director and executive market analyst for Kelley Blue Book's KBB.com. "German, Japanese and Korean automakers continue to build more vehicles stateside. The made-in-the-USA standouts on our list all feature birthplaces in the American Midwest or South."
Below is a sample selection of vehicles and editorial commentary from KBB.com's 10 Cars You Didn't Know Were Made in America:
2013 BMW X3
In conjunction with a redesign for 2011, BMW X3 production was relocated from Austria to Spartanburg, South Carolina. The second-generation X3 is both larger and more luxurious than its predecessor.
2013 Honda Accord
Maybe the least surprising entry on this list, the Accord was the very first Japanese car to be built and sold in the United States, and since 1982 Honda has built more than nine million Accords in Marysville, Ohio. You can see the very first one at the Henry Ford Museum in Dearborn, Michigan.
2013 Hyundai Sonata
One of KBB.com's 10 Best Sedans Under $25,000, the boldly styled, feature-rich Hyundai Sonata is built in Montgomery, Alabama, and continues to win new fans for the brand.
2013 Toyota Camry
The best-selling car in America is built in Toyota's largest plant outside of Japan, located in Georgetown, Kentucky. Comfortable, reliable and affordable, the Toyota Camry has been the most popular car in the United States every year since 2001.
2013 Volkswagen Passat
What better place to build a German sedan than Chattanooga, Tennessee? Actually, while the European driving feel remains, the newest Passat was designed specifically for American tastes. Now larger and more affordable, the Passat passed its previous annual sales high-water mark in September.
For the remaining five vehicles and corresponding editorial commentary, please visit http://www.kbb.com/car-reviews-and-news/top-10/10-cars-made-in-america/.
For more information and news from Kelley Blue Book's KBB.com, visit www.kbb.com/media/, follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/kelleybluebook (or @kelleybluebook), like our page on Facebook at www.facebook.com/kbb, and get updates on Google+ at https://plus.google.com/+kbb/.
About Kelley Blue Book (www.kbb.com)
Founded in 1926, Kelley Blue Book, The Trusted Resource®, is the only vehicle valuation and information source trusted and relied upon by both consumers and the industry. Each week the company provides the most market-reflective values in the industry on its top-rated website www.kbb.com, including its famous Blue Book® Trade-In and Suggested Retail Values and Fair Purchase Price, which reports what others are paying for new cars this week. The company also provides vehicle pricing and values through various products and services available to car dealers, auto manufacturers, finance and insurance companies as well as governmental agencies. KBB.com provides consumer pricing and information on cars for sale, minivans, pickup trucks, sedan, hybrids, electric cars, and SUVs. Kelley Blue Book's KBB.com ranked highest in its category for brand equity and was named Online Auto Shopping Brand of the Year by the 2012 Harris Poll EquiTrend® study. Kelley Blue Book Co. Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of AutoTrader Group.
SOURCE Kelley Blue Book
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict