|By JCN Newswire||
|November 14, 2012 11:40 PM EST||
AR-MAPS is a map app that utilizes AR technology as well as the iPhone's map and camera functions. By simply holding up the iPhone, it enables anybody to intuitively recognize the direction of the destination by using an AR tag to make visible the destination location and the path to it.
After setting the destination using the navigation function, the AR tag is displayed showing the direction to the destination from the current location, thus enabling the user to navigate by making visible the route to the destination. The app also enables searching of local information from the current location to find information on nearby cafes and restaurants.
Crossfader president Takeshi Tanaka comments on features of the app. "AR-MAPS has an AR mode and Map mode that the user can switch between. In AR mode, the ground as seen on the iPhone screen is transformed into a map, so the scene as viewed through the iPhone and the map information of your current location can both be viewed on the same screen. This updated version also provides support for English, so now overseas users can also use AR-MAPS."
This new version also allows the user to select between the iPhone standard map and Google Maps for the map display.
Because AR-MAPS requires data downloading to function, Crossfader recommends subscribing to a fixed-fee data communications service. Also recommended are the iPhone 4s and iPhone 5.
About Crossfader Inc.
Crossfader Inc., founded in Tokyo in 2005, utilizes interactive and social media as tools on PCs and mobile phones, communication support, website building and updating, website operation, and various other services. For more information, please visit http://www.crossfader.jp.
Source: JCN http://www.japancorp.net
Copyright 2012 JCN Newswire. All rights reserved. www.japancorp.net
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict