|By Business Wire||
|November 14, 2012 07:00 AM EST||
The next generation of Intelligent Virtual Assistants (IVAs) is making human/machine conversation even more relevant and personal – and a new alliance promises to push the envelope even further.
Next IT, the world’s largest provider of IVAs, today announced a partnership with technological thought-leader and futurist Nova Spivack (@novaspivack), who will advise the natural-language understanding innovator on new ways to adapt its technology to meet the needs of our increasingly information-centric society.
"Next IT has made an impressive commitment to the advancement of natural language understanding technology – more so than any other company in the space,” said Spivack. “They are quickly becoming the market leader, providing virtual assistants, at scale, to real blue-chip customers."
Spivack’s impressive resume includes work with the DARPA CALO artificial-intelligence project, with SRI International, where he co-founded startup incubator nVention. nVention launched SIRI, the voice-driven virtual-assistant technology used by Apple, Inc. on its iPhone. Spivack’s opinion on matters as far ranging as collective intelligence, real-time search, social media, and the future of technology is widely sought-after, and he’s a contributor to publications such as TechCrunch and Mashable. He’s currently the CEO of Bottlenose, a startup focused on social analytics.
“Next IT is at a critical juncture,” said Denise Caron, Chief Technology Officer at Next IT. “Nova brings that futuristic vision that will help us to break from the pack and lay down the path to the ‘intelligent web’, where virtual assistants will not only navigate the web but act on our behalf to create an experience people can’t live without.”
"The future of virtual assistants goes beyond just SIRI or Nuance-like apps on mobile devices,” said Spivack. “Virtual assistants will be everywhere: on the Web, in stores, embedded into consumer electronics, cars, and a range of products. Next IT is the company that will drive this trend."
About Next IT
Next IT is the world’s largest provider of Intelligent Virtual Assistants that help companies deliver the perfect online customer experience. Its Intelligent Virtual Assistants combine the intimacy of 1-to-1 service that customers love with the speed and accuracy of automated self-service that scales cost-effectively. Some of the world’s largest organizations rely on Next IT for conversational customer care that boosts satisfaction, loyalty and revenue, including Aetna, Alaska Airlines, United Airlines, and the U.S. Army. Please visit www.NextIT.com for more information and follow us @Next_IT.
Nova Spivack: @novaspivack
Denise Caron: @denise_caron
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict