|By PR Newswire||
|November 13, 2012 04:26 PM EST||
PRAIRIE VILLAGE, Kan., Nov. 13, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Malcom Randall VA Medical Center in Gainesville, Florida, has purchased Softek Illuminate® to give their radiologists instant access to patient histories as they read new studies as well as give them easy access to their entire patient archive for researching conditions unique to their patient population of U.S. veterans.
Ermon Owens, AO for Imaging, first brought the technology to the attention of the radiologists. "We knew we wanted Illuminate® the moment we first saw its capabilities," said Dr. David Wymer, Chief of Imaging, "and we began working to expedite its purchase. Having a patient's history with lab values and pathology results right at our fingertips will help us make the best diagnosis for that patient. Illuminate® will enable us to meet the day-to-day challenges we face in our effort to provide better care and improve outcomes for our veterans."
The Illuminate® search technology also gives radiologists immediate access to any study and its images in the entire PACS archive, which will help them conduct research into the disease states of veterans, Dr. Wymer added. "We are committed to evaluating and improving care delivery and then publishing our results to help other institutions improve as well."
The addition of Illuminate® follows other recent moves to ensure the hospital's radiology department is providing the highest quality care. VISN 8, the VA network that includes Malcom Randall, is one of only two VA networks in the country with a system-wide, multi-hospital PACS that allows radiologists to analyze images from any location. It also is one of less than 100 facilities to use a 320-slice CT scanner, which in many cases can take the place of more invasive procedures and provide advanced imaging into disease states.
"We are proud to be selected by another VA hospital investing in solutions to help clinicians work faster and smarter," said Softek CEO Matt McLenon. Illuminate® is also in use at the San Francisco VA Medical Center. "Softek is committed to moving healthcare IT forward with innovations that provide access to the mountain of information stored in the EMR and truly improve patient care."
Illuminate's search, data aggregation and notification applications improve clinical and business practices for radiology and pathology.
Illuminate® will be demonstrated at RSNA 2012 in booth #9141.
For more information www.softekinc.com/illuminate.
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict