|By PR Newswire||
|November 13, 2012 03:16 PM EST||
PHILADELPHIA, Nov. 13, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The Greater Philadelphia Tourism Marketing Corporation (GPTMC) continues to aggressively develop its social media initiatives, breaking into the newest and most effective platforms and continuing to refine its current properties. Recent developments include a uwishunu.com feed for Google Field Trip, a fun Visit Gay Philly Facebook promotion and new Instagram accounts.
"GPTMC embraced social media early on, and we continue to adapt and grow with it as new technologies are introduced," says Meryl Levitz, president and CEO, GPTMC. "Best of all, we're seeing that our social media fans are acting on what they read. In fact, in a recent survey of 1,000 fans and followers, 73% of respondents said they attended an event or visited an attraction they learned about through one of our social media properties."
Here's the newest social media news from GPTMC, known as Visit Philly to its more than 291,000 social media fans and followers:
1. Google Field Trip
Uwishunu.com, the go-to blog for everything fun and exciting happening in Philadelphia, has teamed up with Google as a local content partner for the brand new Google Field Trip, a location-based app that uses a person's location to deliver content and insider information about points of interest in the immediate vicinity. Google chose uwishunu.com as the local content provider for Philadelphia because of the blog's unique insight on the city's museums, attractions, parks, theaters, restaurants, hotels and more. Right now the Field Trip app is only available on Android, but it's coming soon to iPhones.
2. Visit Gay Philly Facebook Promotion
Through November 15, facebook.com/visitgayphilly is helping LGBT visitors figure out which Philadelphia neighborhood best suits them and giving them a chance to win a weekend stay in Philadelphia, including tickets to a Lady Gaga concert, an overnight at the new Hotel Monaco Philadelphia and a $100 gift card for a meal at Valanni. The fun Facebook-based quiz asks questions about participant's dining, shopping and nightlife preferences and then determines which of five Philly neighborhoods—the Gayborhood, Old City, Rittenhouse Square/Benjamin Franklin Parkway, East Passyunk and New Hope—meshes best with their mood.
3. Instagram Accounts
GPTMC continues to demonstrate its social media savvy with the introduction of two presences on photo-sharing app Instagram. The Uwishunu Instagram account shows on-the-scene images of Philadelphia events that are featured on the blog. And the Visit Philly Instagram account features day-in-the-Philadelphia-life photos and will soon feature local photographer submissions, an insider look at city neighborhoods, along with contests and promotions.
4. New On Pinterest...Philadelphia Weddings And Day Trips
Last month, GPTMC's Visit Philly account ranked in the top 10 of destination-marketing organizations on Pinterest in terms of followers. Since its launch in March, Visit Philly has curated 19 themed boards—essentially, pin boards that act like the ones people use in their homes and offices, except they're online. The newest board, Save the Date: Philly Weddings, captures the attention of the hugely active bridal market that constantly turns to Pinterest for inspiration. GPTMC shows the strength of its partnerships with another new board, Philadelphia and The Countryside®, a collaborative board with pins from Visit PA and Visit Bucks County, which shows easy day trips from Philadelphia.
5. High Culture And Pop Culture On Foursquare
Visit Philly helps visitors while they're here with Foursquare lists, curated guides of places visitors should know about. The newest of Visit Philly's 22 lists gives a range of experiences: the Check In to a Masterpiece list highlights 12 artworks from six Philadelphia cultural institutions, while the It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia Itinerary list brings visitors to 16 Philadelphia locations where the Always Sunny Gang would hang out.
The Greater Philadelphia Tourism Marketing Corporation (GPTMC) makes Philadelphia and The Countryside® a premier destination through marketing and image building that increases business and promotes the region's vitality.
For more information about travel to Philadelphia, visit visitphilly.com or uwishunu.com, where you can build itineraries; search event calendars; see photos and videos; view interactive maps; sign up for newsletters; listen to HearPhilly, an online radio station about what to see and do in the region; book hotel reservations and more. Or, call the Independence Visitor Center, located in Historic Philadelphia, at (800) 537-7676.
Tweet It: Here are five new reasons to connect with @VisitPhilly's social media properties: http://vstphl.ly/W5EhBU
SOURCE Greater Philadelphia Tourism Marketing Corporation
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict