|By PR Newswire||
|November 13, 2012 12:00 PM EST||
CUPERTINO, Calif., Nov. 13, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Altia Systems™ www.altiasystems.com today exited 3 years of stealth development to announce the company and provide first information on the PanaCast™ video experience for desktop and mobile devices.
PanaCast is a disruptive new video solution that delivers an immersive, real-time panoramic HD video experience to anyone, anywhere with an Internet connection. A 200 degree field of view enables the experience of actually being there, as each participant can - on their own - choose what they want to focus on. This all occurs in real-time with the individual pan and zoom capabilities built into PanaCast software.
"The PanaCast experience is a game changer," said Bob Hagerty, President & CEO, iControl Networks and the former Chairman & CEO of Polycom®. "The unique human panoramic perspective for video users is outstanding – this technology significantly changes the user experience and will transform ease-of-use for Unified Communications and other markets."
Altia Systems has developed patented multi-imager processing technology and novel algorithms implemented in custom silicon to achieve the PanaCast experience. PanaCast is a fully scalable, Cloud-enabled solution that integrates with Apple® iOS™, Google® Android® apps, as well as Microsoft® Windows® and Mac® OS X® software.
Through these apps, remote users may connect to a meeting being broadcast live from a PanaCast system from any location over Wi-Fi or 3G, with full VPN support for privacy and IT compliance. Each remote user can choose their own individual perspective from the stationary camera with the swipe of a finger – or zoom in and out with a finger pinch as well.
"In today's mobile world, we increasingly communicate with people in different locations around the world – conventional video solutions fall far short of natural communication," said Aurangzeb Khan, Co-founder and CEO of Altia Systems.
"Our PanaCast technology, based on the human visual perspective, lets you virtually 'be there from anywhere'. We've developed many innovations through the entire video capture, transport and rendering chain, to deliver vibrant, panoramic and personally controlled video to your device."
Sample videos and more information on PanaCast may be found at the Altia Systems website. The PanaCast solution will ship in Q1 of 2013 at a price point below $700.
Advance orders may be placed on Kickstarter.com, at http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/panacast/panacast-panoramic-camera-and-apps A significant discount is being offered to early adopters as well as priority shipping of first units. This discount will no longer be applied upon completion of the Kickstarter milestone, so interested users are urged to act quickly.
Altia Systems™ www.altiasystems.com is a venture-backed company based in Cupertino, California that has created the PanaCast™ solution. PanaCast™ is a unique experience that enables anyone on desktop or mobile to receive an interactive, real-time panoramic HD 200 degree field of view video stream that replicates the human panoramic perspective. Follow @panacast1 on Twitter® for further information.
PanaCast and Altia Systems are trademarks of Altia Systems, Inc.
All other trademarks and registered trademarks previously cited are hereby acknowledged and recognized.
Contact Jonathan Hirshon, PR Counsel for Altia – [email protected] or 415-952-3001
SOURCE Altia Systems
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict