|By PR Newswire||
|November 13, 2012 05:00 AM EST||
-- Printing Supplies Retailer Enhances Searchandising and Refinement Options, Encouraging More Visitors to Use the Search Box
LONDON, Nov. 13, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- SLI Systems (www.sli-systems.com) today announced that online printing supplies retailer Cartridge People has increased its conversion rate 55% and increased site search usage 25% with SLI's full-service search and navigation solutions. With SLI's merchandising console, Cartridge People also now have more control over how site search results are ranked, as well as how site search pages are merchandised to highlight popular products and promotions.
Cartridge People (www.cartridgepeople.com) sell a wide range of original and remanufactured printer cartridges, paper, printers, and computer accessories to consumers and businesses across the UK. The company's previous site search solution was a built-in part of its e-commerce platform, and was extremely limited in power and flexibility, said Rob Watson, online marketing manager for H2eCommerce, which provides IT services to Cartridge People.
"Like many companies that look to their e-commerce platform for site search, we realized that search was one of the weaker components of the customer experience we were offering," Watson said. "Search is very important to the site's customers – they want to quickly find the correct supplies for their printing needs without the need to browse the website. However, we found that products weren't properly ordered in search results, nor were they relevant to their searches, and we had no way to move best-selling products to the top of the list. "
Watson discovered SLI's Learning Search and Learning Navigation solutions, which deliver fast, relevant site search results and with powerful refinement controls, at an ecommerce trade show, and recommended that Cartridge People deploy SLI. Cartridge People could see that SLI would help them quickly improve site search, and give them access to features like Rich Auto Complete, refinements, search merchandising, and site search landing pages.
In just six months after going live with SLI's full-service site search, Cartridge People have seen an increase of 25% in usage of the search box, and a 55% increase in its conversion rate among customers who use search. "These improvements in site search use and conversions show that Cartridge People's customers are taking advantage of tools like refinements to choose their printer model and find the right products," Watson said.
Cartridge People are also using SLI's Auto Complete, which provides suggested search terms when shoppers begin to type keywords in the search box. When customers begin typing in the name of a printer brand, they see a list of all that brand's specific models, helping them quickly choose their printer. This feature can eliminate 'no results' pages and also helps visitors avoid spelling errors.
"Trading inflexible built-in site search for a sophisticated, user-friendly solution like SLI Learning Search will quickly reap benefits for ecommerce companies," said Shaun Ryan, CEO of SLI Systems. "With customized site search, businesses gain greater control in how search results are presented and how site visitors navigate among product choices – all of which can drive improved conversions and higher order values."
SLI Systems' full-service, customized site search, navigation and merchandising offerings helps businesses like Cartridge People meet customer expectations for relevant results and information, and also promote particular products and brands, all based on previous visitors' search and click-through activity. The solutions are dynamic, so results change as customer buying trends and search terms shift. Additionally, SLI's offerings are backed by the company's team of search and navigation experts, who oversee deployment and provide ongoing management and support.
About SLI Systems
SLI Systems provides full-service site search, navigation, merchandising, and user-generated SEO, and is the top SaaS-based site search provider to IR 500 and IR 1,000 retailers. Unlike traditional search software, SLI Systems' patented technology continuously "learns" from the behavior of visitors over time to deliver more relevant results. This learning-based search and navigation technology empowers retailers and content sites to enhance customer satisfaction by helping site visitors find the products and information they seek as quickly and efficiently as possible, increasing site conversions and average order value. SLI Systems is a privately held company, with offices in San Jose, CA; London, UK; Melbourne, Australia; and Christchurch, New Zealand. For more information about SLI Systems, visit www.sli-systems.com.
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict