|By PR.com Newswire||
|November 12, 2012 10:06 AM EST||
Brooklyn, NY, November 12, 2012 --(PR.com)-- The online dating industry will get crushed with criticism over their safety issues tonight when MTV premieres their docu-series "Catfish" about couples in dishonest online relationships. But dating startup, datemyschool boasts safety with the launch of its new platform to protect against fake profiles.
Open exclusively to verified students and alumni, datemyschool relaunches today with increased security to enhance user-verification and profile-authentication, as MTV airs its show on deceptive online daters.
"Catfish has already generated press about internet liars, but now that the show's airing," says datemyschool co-founder Balazs Alexa, "it will also raise major questions about safety, online dating, and whether we can trust strangers over the internet."
In a 2006 study on online dating, Pew Internet claimed that less than 20% of Internet users tried internet dating, mainly because 66% deemed it dangerous. Alexa says, "This was a big problem that we wanted to fix."
The datemyschool team has been working on the new platform for several months, tweaking their safety and privacy settings in order to upgrade their user-verification, advance their manual monitorship of profiles, and highlight their members' ability to restrict schools, departments, individuals, and other groups from accessing their profiles.
In a 2012 survey, datemyschool discovered that 90% of its users feels safe, but today, datemyschool relaunches with updated security functions to foster more trust: Co-founder Jean Meyer says, "By protecting against fake profiles, we avoid the Catfish situations and ensure that our users can trust each other."
Winner of About.com's 2012 Readers Choice Awards for Best College Dating Site, datemyschool is the largest online dating platform for students and alumni nationwide, and has received accolades for its safety and privacy features.
Columbia University MBA classmates, Balazs Alexa and Jean Meyer, co-founded datemyschool in November 2010 to help students and alumni safely and easily discover new people across departments and nearby campuses.
- Anonymous: Members may restrict schools, departments, and individuals from accessing their profiles, and they cannot be searched on Google
- Safe: Members are all verified and given extensive privacy control
- Exclusive: Only verified students and alumni may join
Contact via Email
Click here to read the full story: MTV's Catfish to Illuminate Deception in Online Dating, NYC Start-Up Datemyschool Has the Answer
Press Release Distributed by PR.com
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict