|By PR Newswire||
|November 12, 2012 03:59 PM EST||
WATERLOO, ON, Nov. 12, 2012 /CNW/ - Submitting a health or dental claim just got easier for more people covered under an Equitable Life of Canada® Health and Dental Benefits Plan with the EZClaim™ Mobile App for Android™.
"In 2011 when we introduced the EZClaim Mobile solution for iPhone, iPad2 and BlackBerry® users, we were excited to be one of the initial carriers offering this capability to the marketplace," says Karen Mason, Senior Vice President, Group - Equitable Life of Canada. "Mobile technology and how people use it changes quickly. Equitable Life has responded with the EZClaim app for Android to allow more of our customers to submit their health and dental claims using their mobile devices."
Things do indeed change quickly. According to an Ipsos Reid study released in September, phones using the Android Operating System gained 10 per cent of the market share in 2012 rising to 36 per cent of the market.
"Equitable Life wants to provide as many claims submission options as there is demand for," explains Norma Crouse, Assistant Vice President - Group Claims. "By introducing an application for Android-powered phones, we are giving more mobile device users who are covered under our health plans the option to submit their health and dental claims in a fast, convenient and paperless way."
According to the September Ipsos Reid release, Android-powered phones, iPhones and BlackBerry devices account for 92 per cent of the smartphone market.
Mobile app use is also on the rise. An April 2012 Quoros Consulting Cell Phone Consumer Attitudes Study prepared for the Canadian Wireless Telecommunications Association revealed that 70 per cent of smartphone users say they downloaded apps to their mobile devices in 2012, up from 58 percent in 2011.
"It is clear that using mobile devices and mobile apps is popular," adds Mason. "At Equitable Life, we take pride in our ability to react to changes in the marketplace, not just by providing benefit solutions to our clients, but also by providing responsive self-service options for those covered under our Health Plans."
About Equitable Life of Canada
Since 1920, customers have been depending on Equitable Life of Canada for financial protection. As one of the largest mutual life insurance companies in Canada, Equitable Life is dedicated solely to its policyholders. Everything we do is focused on providing them with personalized service, security and well-being. Through Managing General Agencies and Advisors, Equitable Life offers a wide selection of competitive Individual Life and Health, Savings and Retirement and Group Benefits products to meet a range of financial planning and health needs.
Android is a trademark of Google Inc.
iPhone and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc.
BlackBerry® is owned by Research In Motion Limited
SOURCE Equitable Life of Canada
Image with caption: " EZ as 1, 2, 3 - Mobile Health and Dental Claims from Equitable Life (CNW Group/Equitable Life of Canada)". Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20121112_C7077_PHOTO_EN_20503.jpg
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict