|By Business Wire||
|November 12, 2012 12:00 PM EST||
Kronos Incorporated today announced financial results, company advancements, and customer successes for Fiscal 2012 which closed Sept. 30. Kronos revenues for the fiscal year increased 9 percent to $870 million. Earnings before interest, tax, depreciation, and amortization (EBITDA) increased to $266 million.1
“We are thrilled with our company’s financial performance. We are growing across all strategic aspects of our business – in the cloud, through product innovation, in the small and midsize business market, in the enterprise market, across our targeted vertical industries, and globally,” said Aron Ain, Kronos chief executive officer. “As we celebrate 35 years of innovation, we reflect upon our accomplishments – and, more importantly – look ahead toward a continued aggressive growth trajectory. As the pace-setter and game-changer in the workforce management market, we will continue to deliver exceptional value to customers around the globe.”
Fourth Quarter News Facts
- In the last quarter of Fiscal 2012, Kronos signed agreements with organizations around the world such as: CBS Interactive China, the largest vertical media group in China; Celadon Group, Inc., one of North America’s leading transportation companies; City of Tulsa, the second-largest city in the state of Oklahoma; Clemson University, a major land-grant, science- and engineering-oriented research university that maintains a strong commitment to teaching and student success; ESCO Corporation, a leading independent designer, manufacturer, and provider of highly engineered wear parts and replacement products used in mining, infrastructure development, power generation, aerospace and industrial applications; Gate Gourmet, the world’s largest independent provider of catering and provisioning services for airlines and railroads; Jerry’s Enterprises, Inc., an operator of Jerry’s Foods, County Market, Cub Foods, and Save-a-Lot grocery stores; RaceTrac Petroleum, Inc., operator of a chain of convenience stores across the Southern U.S.; Rail Corporation New South Wales (RailCorp), Australian-provider of metropolitan passenger rail services; Renault-Nissan Automotive India, the India subsidiary of Renault-Nissan; Supermercados Peruanos, the second-largest supermarket and hypermarket chain in Peru; Takshasila Healthcare, a joint venture between Kirloskar, Secom, and Toyota Tsusho of Japan; The Medical University of South Carolina, the oldest medical school in the Southern U.S.; The Pentagon Force Protection Agency, a civilian defense agency within the U.S. Department of Defense; The YMCA of Greater Charlotte, a United Way member agency comprised of 19 branches and 2 resident camps; University College London Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (UCLH), one of the largest NHS Trusts in the U.K. that provides first-class acute and specialist services in seven hospitals in London; York Region Police, one of the largest law enforcement organizations in the Greater Toronto area serving 1.1 million residents; and YRC Worldwide Ind., a Fortune 500 company headquartered in Overland Park, Kan., the holding company for a portfolio of brands including YRC Freight, YRC Reimer, Holland, Reddaway, and New Penn.
Fiscal 2012 News Facts
Growth in the Cloud
- More than 6,000 organizations are now successfully deployed in the Kronos Cloud. Kronos Cloud generates a fast return on investment while alleviating the need to invest in and manage additional infrastructure and staff. By choosing the Kronos Cloud, organizations free their staff to focus on other business objectives. Kronos now offers Workforce Central® in the Kronos Cloud for medium and large enterprises and Workforce Ready™ in the Kronos Cloud for small and midsize businesses.
Growth Through Product Innovation
- Workforce Central – Latest version (Workforce Central 6.3) balances rich functionality with unprecedented ease-of-use and includes innovative new features and consumer-driven enhancements to meet the needs of global customers, further improve usability, and expand functionality for absence management and scheduling.
- Kronos InTouch™ – Revolutionary time clock built for the modern workforce, Kronos InTouch delivers an unrivaled user experience; seamless integration to check accrual balances, request time off, and view schedules; a cloud-based architecture; and the first and only application platform devoted to improving productivity of the frontline workforce.
- Workforce Mobile™ – Latest version of Kronos’ award-winning mobile applications enables organizations to improve productivity by making it easier for managers and employees to complete a wide range of workforce-related tasks using a variety of mobile devices. Enhancements include MobileViews, enabling the writing of custom applications; advanced labor detail functionality; barcode scanning capabilities; simplified timecard approvals; and GPS data collection.
- Workforce Analytics™ – Enhanced labor analytics solution enables organizations to easily access and leverage their workforce data to identify, predict, and manage opportunities for cost savings and productivity gains. Vertical-specific analytics applications include real-time visibility into workforce and operational issues so concerns about labor costs and workforce needs can be addressed immediately; an intuitive, graphical management dashboard; sophisticated security features that provide personalized intelligence; and interoperability with an organization’s existing business intelligence tool.
- TeleStaff™ – Latest version of the Kronos TeleStaff public safety scheduling and notification solution includes enhancements that allow deployment on Microsoft SQL; new shift-bidding statuses enabling employees to view and monitor the status of their bids for shifts; and advanced reporting features.
- Workforce Tablet™ – Today at KronosWorks, Kronos announced availability of Workforce Tablet, a sleek, easy-to-use tablet app that delivers real-time, location-specific workforce information to frontline managers so they can more effectively manage in the moment.
- Workforce Task Management™ – Today at KronosWorks, Kronos announced availability of Workforce Task Management, a solution that simplifies store execution by providing end-users with a streamlined approach to create, approve, execute, and verify tasks. This drives productivity by streamlining communication between corporate and stores as well as increases sales and customer satisfaction by ensuring tasks are completed on time and consistently across locations.
Growth in Small and Midsize Business (SMB) Market
- SaaShr™ acquisition – By acquiring SaaShr.com, Kronos significantly broadened its product portfolio and gained access to an extensive network of partners and resellers. SaaShr offers a software-as-a-service (SaaS) workforce management suite for SMBs. Through its well-established network of payroll service bureaus, professional employer organizations, human resources outsourcers, and value-added resellers, SaaShr’s solutions are used in thousands of organizations across a wide variety of industries. Built from the ground up to operate in the cloud, SaaShr’s multi-tenant architecture delivers a consistent user experience across its suite of time and attendance, human resources, and payroll applications.
- Workforce Ready – Accelerating its cloud strategy, Kronos delivered a new suite of workforce management solutions for SMBs. Built from the ground up and designed to run in the cloud with its hosted multi-tenant architecture, Workforce Ready shares a common technology platform for time and attendance, human resources, and payroll applications; a universal employee record; and single user interface across its entire suite of applications.
Growth in Enterprise Market and Targeted Vertical Industries
- Large enterprise deployments – Kronos booked its greatest-ever number of large orders in excess of $1 million. Kronos’ vertical-specific expertise and the company’s innovative product offerings are often cited as top reasons these organizations selected Kronos. These large transactions included significant orders from new and existing customers including one of the top ten largest discount retailers; a global warehouse retailer; a leading international hotel chain; one of the largest, most comprehensive less-than-truckload networks in North America; the second-largest chicken producer in the world; a leading provider of emergency medical services in the U.S.; and one of the top 25 national public universities.
- OptiLink™ acquisition – Accelerates Kronos healthcare workforce management leadership by adding an industry-leading acuity-based staffing solution, OptiLink, to its workforce management suite. Kronos now offers the most advanced, clinically focused workforce management suite to help healthcare organizations deliver high-quality patient care.
- SMART™ acquisition – Supporting its aggressive international growth strategy and strengthening its presence in the Europe, Middle East, and Africa (EMEA) region, Kronos acquired U.K.-based SMART Computer Holdings and its Spanish affiliate SMART Human Logistics. As a result, Kronos now offers the leading workforce management solution for National Health Service (NHS) organizations in the U.K., and established a physical presence in Spain.
- Reseller agreements – Kronos extended its reach in the Middle East through reseller agreements with Health Matrix Corporation and OCSHI, providers of technology solutions to the healthcare sector, delivering an enhanced distribution network in the region, as well as local knowledge and support for new healthcare customer deployments. In addition, Kronos extended its reach in the India market through a strategic alliance with Qimpro, leveraging the company’s leadership in consulting to drive workforce transformation in India.
- Support for Multinationals – With deployments in more than 100 countries, Kronos is proficient at supporting large multinational organizations. Kronos accommodates a vast array of region-specific pay rules, bringing ease to the highly complex task of paying employees around the world. Multinationals are increasingly choosing Kronos for its global expertise and global product capabilities.
- 35 Years of Innovation – In October, Kronos celebrated 35 years of innovation. Since its founding in 1977, the company has grown to be the global leader in the workforce management software market.
- Connect with Kronos via Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
- Subscribe to our workforce management blogs.
- Take a look at the lighter side of workforce management in our Time Well Spent cartoons.
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is the global leader in delivering workforce management solutions in the cloud. Tens of thousands of organizations in more than 100 countries — including more than half of the Fortune 1000® — use Kronos to control labor costs, minimize compliance risk, and improve workforce productivity. Learn more about Kronos industry-specific time and attendance, scheduling, absence management, HR and payroll, hiring, and labor analytics applications at www.kronos.com. Kronos: Workforce Innovation That Works™.
© 2012 Kronos Incorporated. All rights reserved. Kronos and Workforce Central are registered trademarks and Workforce Ready, InTouch, Workforce Mobile, Workforce Analytics, TeleStaff, Workforce Tablet, Workforce Task Management, SaaShr, OptiLink, and SMART are trademarks of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.
Footnote: This press release contains non-GAAP financial measures. Kronos believes that non-GAAP measures of financial results provide useful information regarding certain financial and business trends relating to Kronos’ results of operations. Non-GAAP revenue consists of GAAP revenue excluding the effect of: (1) the write-down of deferred revenue associated with purchase accounting for certain acquisitions. EBITDA consists of GAAP income from operations excluding: (1) share-based compensation expense for stock options and stock awards in accordance with ASC 718; (2) amortization of capitalized software development costs (3) depreciation of property, plant and equipment; (4) amortization of acquired intangible assets; (5) acquisition-related expenses including advisory, legal, accounting, acquired employee-related costs, and integration costs; and (6) consulting expenses that are excluded from the definition of EBITDA under the terms of the Company’s Credit Agreement.
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo in Silicon Valley. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place Nov 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 17th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the most profound change in personal an...
Sep. 5, 2015 10:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,057
Containers are not new, but renewed commitments to performance, flexibility, and agility have propelled them to the top of the agenda today. By working without the need for virtualization and its overhead, containers are seen as the perfect way to deploy apps and services across multiple clouds. Containers can handle anything from file types to operating systems and services, including microservices. What are microservices? Unlike what the name implies, microservices are not necessarily small, but are focused on specific tasks. The ability for developers to deploy multiple containers – thous...
Sep. 5, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 236
Contrary to mainstream media attention, the multiple possibilities of how consumer IoT will transform our everyday lives aren’t the only angle of this headline-gaining trend. There’s a huge opportunity for “industrial IoT” and “Smart Cities” to impact the world in the same capacity – especially during critical situations. For example, a community water dam that needs to release water can leverage embedded critical communications logic to alert the appropriate individuals, on the right device, as soon as they are needed to take action.
Sep. 5, 2015 09:15 AM EDT Reads: 195
The Internet of Things is in the early stages of mainstream deployment but it promises to unlock value and rapidly transform how organizations manage, operationalize, and monetize their assets. IoT is a complex structure of hardware, sensors, applications, analytics and devices that need to be able to communicate geographically and across all functions. Once the data is collected from numerous endpoints, the challenge then becomes converting it into actionable insight.
Sep. 5, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 165
Manufacturing connected IoT versions of traditional products requires more than multiple deep technology skills. It also requires a shift in mindset, to realize that connected, sensor-enabled “things” act more like services than what we usually think of as products. In his session at @ThingsExpo, David Friedman, CEO and co-founder of Ayla Networks, will discuss how when sensors start generating detailed real-world data about products and how they’re being used, smart manufacturers can use the data to create additional revenue streams, such as improved warranties or premium features. Or slash...
Sep. 5, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 133
While many app developers are comfortable building apps for the smartphone, there is a whole new world out there. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Narayan Sainaney, Co-founder and CTO of Mojio, will discuss how the business case for connected car apps is growing and, with open platform companies having already done the heavy lifting, there really is no barrier to entry.
Sep. 5, 2015 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 248
As more intelligent IoT applications shift into gear, they’re merging into the ever-increasing traffic flow of the Internet. It won’t be long before we experience bottlenecks, as IoT traffic peaks during rush hours. Organizations that are unprepared will find themselves by the side of the road unable to cross back into the fast lane. As billions of new devices begin to communicate and exchange data – will your infrastructure be scalable enough to handle this new interconnected world?
Sep. 5, 2015 08:30 AM EDT Reads: 304
Through WebRTC, audio and video communications are being embedded more easily than ever into applications, helping carriers, enterprises and independent software vendors deliver greater functionality to their end users. With today’s business world increasingly focused on outcomes, users’ growing calls for ease of use, and businesses craving smarter, tighter integration, what’s the next step in delivering a richer, more immersive experience? That richer, more fully integrated experience comes about through a Communications Platform as a Service which allows for messaging, screen sharing, video...
Sep. 5, 2015 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 776
Consumer IoT applications provide data about the user that just doesn’t exist in traditional PC or mobile web applications. This rich data, or “context,” enables the highly personalized consumer experiences that characterize many consumer IoT apps. This same data is also providing brands with unprecedented insight into how their connected products are being used, while, at the same time, powering highly targeted engagement and marketing opportunities. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Nathan Treloar, President and COO of Bebaio, will explore examples of brands transforming their businesses by t...
Sep. 5, 2015 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 327
The 3rd International WebRTC Summit, to be held Nov. 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, announces that its Call for Papers is now open. Topics include all aspects of improving IT delivery by eliminating waste through automated business models leveraging cloud technologies. WebRTC Summit is co-located with 15th International Cloud Expo, 6th International Big Data Expo, 3rd International DevOps Summit and 2nd Internet of @ThingsExpo. WebRTC (Web-based Real-Time Communication) is an open source project supported by Google, Mozilla and Opera that aims to enable bro...
Sep. 5, 2015 07:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,656
WebRTC has had a real tough three or four years, and so have those working with it. Only a few short years ago, the development world were excited about WebRTC and proclaiming how awesome it was. You might have played with the technology a couple of years ago, only to find the extra infrastructure requirements were painful to implement and poorly documented. This probably left a bitter taste in your mouth, especially when things went wrong.
Sep. 5, 2015 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 525
SYS-CON Events announced today the Containers & Microservices Bootcamp, being held November 3-4, 2015, in conjunction with 17th Cloud Expo, @ThingsExpo, and @DevOpsSummit at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. This is your chance to get started with the latest technology in the industry. Combined with real-world scenarios and use cases, the Containers and Microservices Bootcamp, led by Janakiram MSV, a Microsoft Regional Director, will include presentations as well as hands-on demos and comprehensive walkthroughs.
Sep. 5, 2015 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 459
The 17th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. 17th International Cloud Expo, to be held November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, brings together Cloud Computing, APM, APIs, Microservices, Security, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportunity. Submit your speaking proposal today!
Sep. 5, 2015 06:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,734
With the Apple Watch making its way onto wrists all over the world, it’s only a matter of time before it becomes a staple in the workplace. In fact, Forrester reported that 68 percent of technology and business decision-makers characterize wearables as a top priority for 2015. Recognizing their business value early on, FinancialForce.com was the first to bring ERP to wearables, helping streamline communication across front and back office functions. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Kevin Roberts, GM of Platform at FinancialForce.com, will discuss the value of business applications on wearable ...
Sep. 5, 2015 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 166
In his session at @ThingsExpo, Lee Williams, a producer of the first smartphones and tablets, will talk about how he is now applying his experience in mobile technology to the design and development of the next generation of Environmental and Sustainability Services at ETwater. He will explain how M2M controllers work through wirelessly connected remote controls; and specifically delve into a retrofit option that reverse-engineers control codes of existing conventional controller systems so they don't have to be replaced and are instantly converted to become smart, connected devices.
Sep. 5, 2015 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 305
SYS-CON Events announced today that HPM Networks will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. For 20 years, HPM Networks has been integrating technology solutions that solve complex business challenges. HPM Networks has designed solutions for both SMB and enterprise customers throughout the San Francisco Bay Area.
Sep. 5, 2015 01:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,012
All major researchers estimate there will be tens of billions devices - computers, smartphones, tablets, and sensors - connected to the Internet by 2020. This number will continue to grow at a rapid pace for the next several decades. With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo, November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be.
Sep. 5, 2015 01:00 AM EDT Reads: 274
SYS-CON Events announced today that Pythian, a global IT services company specializing in helping companies leverage disruptive technologies to optimize revenue-generating systems, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 17th Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Founded in 1997, Pythian is a global IT services company that helps companies compete by adopting disruptive technologies such as cloud, Big Data, advanced analytics, and DevOps to advance innovation and increase agility. Specializing in designing, imple...
Sep. 5, 2015 01:00 AM EDT Reads: 428
Too often with compelling new technologies market participants become overly enamored with that attractiveness of the technology and neglect underlying business drivers. This tendency, what some call the “newest shiny object syndrome,” is understandable given that virtually all of us are heavily engaged in technology. But it is also mistaken. Without concrete business cases driving its deployment, IoT, like many other technologies before it, will fade into obscurity.
Sep. 4, 2015 06:45 PM EDT Reads: 464
With the proliferation of connected devices underpinning new Internet of Things systems, Brandon Schulz, Director of Luxoft IoT – Retail, will be looking at the transformation of the retail customer experience in brick and mortar stores in his session at @ThingsExpo. Questions he will address include: Will beacons drop to the wayside like QR codes, or be a proximity-based profit driver? How will the customer experience change in stores of all types when everything can be instrumented and analyzed? As an area of investment, how might a retail company move towards an innovation methodolo...
Sep. 4, 2015 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 542