|By Business Wire||
|November 12, 2012 12:00 PM EST||
Kronos Incorporated today announced financial results, company advancements, and customer successes for Fiscal 2012 which closed Sept. 30. Kronos revenues for the fiscal year increased 9 percent to $870 million. Earnings before interest, tax, depreciation, and amortization (EBITDA) increased to $266 million.1
“We are thrilled with our company’s financial performance. We are growing across all strategic aspects of our business – in the cloud, through product innovation, in the small and midsize business market, in the enterprise market, across our targeted vertical industries, and globally,” said Aron Ain, Kronos chief executive officer. “As we celebrate 35 years of innovation, we reflect upon our accomplishments – and, more importantly – look ahead toward a continued aggressive growth trajectory. As the pace-setter and game-changer in the workforce management market, we will continue to deliver exceptional value to customers around the globe.”
Fourth Quarter News Facts
- In the last quarter of Fiscal 2012, Kronos signed agreements with organizations around the world such as: CBS Interactive China, the largest vertical media group in China; Celadon Group, Inc., one of North America’s leading transportation companies; City of Tulsa, the second-largest city in the state of Oklahoma; Clemson University, a major land-grant, science- and engineering-oriented research university that maintains a strong commitment to teaching and student success; ESCO Corporation, a leading independent designer, manufacturer, and provider of highly engineered wear parts and replacement products used in mining, infrastructure development, power generation, aerospace and industrial applications; Gate Gourmet, the world’s largest independent provider of catering and provisioning services for airlines and railroads; Jerry’s Enterprises, Inc., an operator of Jerry’s Foods, County Market, Cub Foods, and Save-a-Lot grocery stores; RaceTrac Petroleum, Inc., operator of a chain of convenience stores across the Southern U.S.; Rail Corporation New South Wales (RailCorp), Australian-provider of metropolitan passenger rail services; Renault-Nissan Automotive India, the India subsidiary of Renault-Nissan; Supermercados Peruanos, the second-largest supermarket and hypermarket chain in Peru; Takshasila Healthcare, a joint venture between Kirloskar, Secom, and Toyota Tsusho of Japan; The Medical University of South Carolina, the oldest medical school in the Southern U.S.; The Pentagon Force Protection Agency, a civilian defense agency within the U.S. Department of Defense; The YMCA of Greater Charlotte, a United Way member agency comprised of 19 branches and 2 resident camps; University College London Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (UCLH), one of the largest NHS Trusts in the U.K. that provides first-class acute and specialist services in seven hospitals in London; York Region Police, one of the largest law enforcement organizations in the Greater Toronto area serving 1.1 million residents; and YRC Worldwide Ind., a Fortune 500 company headquartered in Overland Park, Kan., the holding company for a portfolio of brands including YRC Freight, YRC Reimer, Holland, Reddaway, and New Penn.
Fiscal 2012 News Facts
Growth in the Cloud
- More than 6,000 organizations are now successfully deployed in the Kronos Cloud. Kronos Cloud generates a fast return on investment while alleviating the need to invest in and manage additional infrastructure and staff. By choosing the Kronos Cloud, organizations free their staff to focus on other business objectives. Kronos now offers Workforce Central® in the Kronos Cloud for medium and large enterprises and Workforce Ready™ in the Kronos Cloud for small and midsize businesses.
Growth Through Product Innovation
- Workforce Central – Latest version (Workforce Central 6.3) balances rich functionality with unprecedented ease-of-use and includes innovative new features and consumer-driven enhancements to meet the needs of global customers, further improve usability, and expand functionality for absence management and scheduling.
- Kronos InTouch™ – Revolutionary time clock built for the modern workforce, Kronos InTouch delivers an unrivaled user experience; seamless integration to check accrual balances, request time off, and view schedules; a cloud-based architecture; and the first and only application platform devoted to improving productivity of the frontline workforce.
- Workforce Mobile™ – Latest version of Kronos’ award-winning mobile applications enables organizations to improve productivity by making it easier for managers and employees to complete a wide range of workforce-related tasks using a variety of mobile devices. Enhancements include MobileViews, enabling the writing of custom applications; advanced labor detail functionality; barcode scanning capabilities; simplified timecard approvals; and GPS data collection.
- Workforce Analytics™ – Enhanced labor analytics solution enables organizations to easily access and leverage their workforce data to identify, predict, and manage opportunities for cost savings and productivity gains. Vertical-specific analytics applications include real-time visibility into workforce and operational issues so concerns about labor costs and workforce needs can be addressed immediately; an intuitive, graphical management dashboard; sophisticated security features that provide personalized intelligence; and interoperability with an organization’s existing business intelligence tool.
- TeleStaff™ – Latest version of the Kronos TeleStaff public safety scheduling and notification solution includes enhancements that allow deployment on Microsoft SQL; new shift-bidding statuses enabling employees to view and monitor the status of their bids for shifts; and advanced reporting features.
- Workforce Tablet™ – Today at KronosWorks, Kronos announced availability of Workforce Tablet, a sleek, easy-to-use tablet app that delivers real-time, location-specific workforce information to frontline managers so they can more effectively manage in the moment.
- Workforce Task Management™ – Today at KronosWorks, Kronos announced availability of Workforce Task Management, a solution that simplifies store execution by providing end-users with a streamlined approach to create, approve, execute, and verify tasks. This drives productivity by streamlining communication between corporate and stores as well as increases sales and customer satisfaction by ensuring tasks are completed on time and consistently across locations.
Growth in Small and Midsize Business (SMB) Market
- SaaShr™ acquisition – By acquiring SaaShr.com, Kronos significantly broadened its product portfolio and gained access to an extensive network of partners and resellers. SaaShr offers a software-as-a-service (SaaS) workforce management suite for SMBs. Through its well-established network of payroll service bureaus, professional employer organizations, human resources outsourcers, and value-added resellers, SaaShr’s solutions are used in thousands of organizations across a wide variety of industries. Built from the ground up to operate in the cloud, SaaShr’s multi-tenant architecture delivers a consistent user experience across its suite of time and attendance, human resources, and payroll applications.
- Workforce Ready – Accelerating its cloud strategy, Kronos delivered a new suite of workforce management solutions for SMBs. Built from the ground up and designed to run in the cloud with its hosted multi-tenant architecture, Workforce Ready shares a common technology platform for time and attendance, human resources, and payroll applications; a universal employee record; and single user interface across its entire suite of applications.
Growth in Enterprise Market and Targeted Vertical Industries
- Large enterprise deployments – Kronos booked its greatest-ever number of large orders in excess of $1 million. Kronos’ vertical-specific expertise and the company’s innovative product offerings are often cited as top reasons these organizations selected Kronos. These large transactions included significant orders from new and existing customers including one of the top ten largest discount retailers; a global warehouse retailer; a leading international hotel chain; one of the largest, most comprehensive less-than-truckload networks in North America; the second-largest chicken producer in the world; a leading provider of emergency medical services in the U.S.; and one of the top 25 national public universities.
- OptiLink™ acquisition – Accelerates Kronos healthcare workforce management leadership by adding an industry-leading acuity-based staffing solution, OptiLink, to its workforce management suite. Kronos now offers the most advanced, clinically focused workforce management suite to help healthcare organizations deliver high-quality patient care.
- SMART™ acquisition – Supporting its aggressive international growth strategy and strengthening its presence in the Europe, Middle East, and Africa (EMEA) region, Kronos acquired U.K.-based SMART Computer Holdings and its Spanish affiliate SMART Human Logistics. As a result, Kronos now offers the leading workforce management solution for National Health Service (NHS) organizations in the U.K., and established a physical presence in Spain.
- Reseller agreements – Kronos extended its reach in the Middle East through reseller agreements with Health Matrix Corporation and OCSHI, providers of technology solutions to the healthcare sector, delivering an enhanced distribution network in the region, as well as local knowledge and support for new healthcare customer deployments. In addition, Kronos extended its reach in the India market through a strategic alliance with Qimpro, leveraging the company’s leadership in consulting to drive workforce transformation in India.
- Support for Multinationals – With deployments in more than 100 countries, Kronos is proficient at supporting large multinational organizations. Kronos accommodates a vast array of region-specific pay rules, bringing ease to the highly complex task of paying employees around the world. Multinationals are increasingly choosing Kronos for its global expertise and global product capabilities.
- 35 Years of Innovation – In October, Kronos celebrated 35 years of innovation. Since its founding in 1977, the company has grown to be the global leader in the workforce management software market.
- Connect with Kronos via Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
- Subscribe to our workforce management blogs.
- Take a look at the lighter side of workforce management in our Time Well Spent cartoons.
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is the global leader in delivering workforce management solutions in the cloud. Tens of thousands of organizations in more than 100 countries — including more than half of the Fortune 1000® — use Kronos to control labor costs, minimize compliance risk, and improve workforce productivity. Learn more about Kronos industry-specific time and attendance, scheduling, absence management, HR and payroll, hiring, and labor analytics applications at www.kronos.com. Kronos: Workforce Innovation That Works™.
© 2012 Kronos Incorporated. All rights reserved. Kronos and Workforce Central are registered trademarks and Workforce Ready, InTouch, Workforce Mobile, Workforce Analytics, TeleStaff, Workforce Tablet, Workforce Task Management, SaaShr, OptiLink, and SMART are trademarks of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.
Footnote: This press release contains non-GAAP financial measures. Kronos believes that non-GAAP measures of financial results provide useful information regarding certain financial and business trends relating to Kronos’ results of operations. Non-GAAP revenue consists of GAAP revenue excluding the effect of: (1) the write-down of deferred revenue associated with purchase accounting for certain acquisitions. EBITDA consists of GAAP income from operations excluding: (1) share-based compensation expense for stock options and stock awards in accordance with ASC 718; (2) amortization of capitalized software development costs (3) depreciation of property, plant and equipment; (4) amortization of acquired intangible assets; (5) acquisition-related expenses including advisory, legal, accounting, acquired employee-related costs, and integration costs; and (6) consulting expenses that are excluded from the definition of EBITDA under the terms of the Company’s Credit Agreement.
DevOps at Cloud Expo, taking place Nov 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 19th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long dev...
Sep. 30, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,577
IoT offers a value of almost $4 trillion to the manufacturing industry through platforms that can improve margins, optimize operations & drive high performance work teams. By using IoT technologies as a foundation, manufacturing customers are integrating worker safety with manufacturing systems, driving deep collaboration and utilizing analytics to exponentially increased per-unit margins. However, as Benoit Lheureux, the VP for Research at Gartner points out, “IoT project implementers often ...
Sep. 30, 2016 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 3,656
Why do your mobile transformations need to happen today? Mobile is the strategy that enterprise transformation centers on to drive customer engagement. In his general session at @ThingsExpo, Roger Woods, Director, Mobile Product & Strategy – Adobe Marketing Cloud, covered key IoT and mobile trends that are forcing mobile transformation, key components of a solid mobile strategy and explored how brands are effectively driving mobile change throughout the enterprise.
Sep. 30, 2016 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 357
SYS-CON Events announced today that Bsquare has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's @ThingsExpo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. For more than two decades, Bsquare has helped its customers extract business value from a broad array of physical assets by making them intelligent, connecting them, and using the data they generate to optimize business processes.
Sep. 30, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,012
Businesses are struggling to manage the information flow and interactions between all of these new devices and things jumping on their network, and the apps and IT systems they control. The data businesses gather is only helpful if they can do something with it. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Witeck, Principal Technology Strategist at Citrix, will discuss how different the impact of IoT will be for large businesses, expanding how IoT will allow large organizations to make their legacy ap...
Sep. 30, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 548
Video experiences should be unique and exciting! But that doesn’t mean you need to patch all the pieces yourself. Users demand rich and engaging experiences and new ways to connect with you. But creating robust video applications at scale can be complicated, time-consuming and expensive. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Zohar Babin, Vice President of Platform, Ecosystem and Community at Kaltura, will discuss how VPaaS enables you to move fast, creating scalable video experiences that reach your ...
Sep. 30, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,234
In his keynote at 18th Cloud Expo, Andrew Keys, Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise, provided an overview of the evolution of the Internet and the Database and the future of their combination – the Blockchain. Andrew Keys is Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise. He comes to ConsenSys Enterprise with capital markets, technology and entrepreneurial experience. Previously, he worked for UBS investment bank in equities analysis. Later, he was responsible for the creation and distribution of life sett...
Sep. 30, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,663
In his session at @ThingsExpo, Kausik Sridharabalan, founder and CTO of Pulzze Systems, Inc., will focus on key challenges in building an Internet of Things solution infrastructure. He will shed light on efficient ways of defining interactions within IoT solutions, leading to cost and time reduction. He will also introduce ways to handle data and how one can develop IoT solutions that are lean, flexible and configurable, thus making IoT infrastructure agile and scalable.
Sep. 30, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,652
In this strange new world where more and more power is drawn from business technology, companies are effectively straddling two paths on the road to innovation and transformation into digital enterprises. The first path is the heritage trail – with “legacy” technology forming the background. Here, extant technologies are transformed by core IT teams to provide more API-driven approaches. Legacy systems can restrict companies that are transitioning into digital enterprises. To truly become a lea...
Sep. 30, 2016 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 656
Just over a week ago I received a long and loud sustained applause for a presentation I delivered at this year’s Cloud Expo in Santa Clara. I was extremely pleased with the turnout and had some very good conversations with many of the attendees. Over the next few days I had many more meaningful conversations and was not only happy with the results but also learned a few new things. Here is everything I learned in those three days distilled into three short points.
Sep. 30, 2016 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 5,258
There are several IoTs: the Industrial Internet, Consumer Wearables, Wearables and Healthcare, Supply Chains, and the movement toward Smart Grids, Cities, Regions, and Nations. There are competing communications standards every step of the way, a bewildering array of sensors and devices, and an entire world of competing data analytics platforms. To some this appears to be chaos. In this power panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, Bradley Holt, Developer Advocate a...
Sep. 30, 2016 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,465
24Notion is full-service global creative digital marketing, technology and lifestyle agency that combines strategic ideas with customized tactical execution. With a broad understand of the art of traditional marketing, new media, communications and social influence, 24Notion uniquely understands how to connect your brand strategy with the right consumer. 24Notion ranked #12 on Corporate Social Responsibility - Book of List.
Sep. 30, 2016 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 358
The vision of a connected smart home is becoming reality with the application of integrated wireless technologies in devices and appliances. The use of standardized and TCP/IP networked wireless technologies in line-powered and battery operated sensors and controls has led to the adoption of radios in the 2.4GHz band, including Wi-Fi, BT/BLE and 802.15.4 applied ZigBee and Thread. This is driving the need for robust wireless coexistence for multiple radios to ensure throughput performance and th...
Sep. 30, 2016 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,726
SYS-CON Events announced today that SoftLayer, an IBM Company, has been named “Gold Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York, New York. SoftLayer, an IBM Company, provides cloud infrastructure as a service from a growing number of data centers and network points of presence around the world. SoftLayer’s customers range from Web startups to global enterprises.
Sep. 30, 2016 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,162
Major trends and emerging technologies – from virtual reality and IoT, to Big Data and algorithms – are helping organizations innovate in the digital era. However, to create real business value, IT must think beyond the ‘what’ of digital transformation to the ‘how’ to harness emerging trends, innovation and disruption. Architecture is the key that underpins and ties all these efforts together. In the digital age, it’s important to invest in architecture, extend the enterprise footprint to the cl...
Sep. 30, 2016 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 727
If you had a chance to enter on the ground level of the largest e-commerce market in the world – would you? China is the world’s most populated country with the second largest economy and the world’s fastest growing market. It is estimated that by 2018 the Chinese market will be reaching over $30 billion in gaming revenue alone. Admittedly for a foreign company, doing business in China can be challenging. Often changing laws, administrative regulations and the often inscrutable Chinese Interne...
Sep. 30, 2016 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 583
Adobe is changing the world though digital experiences. Adobe helps customers develop and deliver high-impact experiences that differentiate brands, build loyalty, and drive revenue across every screen, including smartphones, computers, tablets and TVs. Adobe content solutions are used daily by millions of companies worldwide-from publishers and broadcasters, to enterprises, marketing agencies and household-name brands. Building on its established design leadership, Adobe enables customers not o...
Sep. 30, 2016 01:15 PM EDT Reads: 366
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 19th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the most profound change in personal and enterprise IT since the creation of the Worldwide Web more than 20 years ago. All major researchers estimate there will be tens of billions devices - comp...
Sep. 30, 2016 01:15 PM EDT Reads: 5,164
Information technology is an industry that has always experienced change, and the dramatic change sweeping across the industry today could not be truthfully described as the first time we've seen such widespread change impacting customer investments. However, the rate of the change, and the potential outcomes from today's digital transformation has the distinct potential to separate the industry into two camps: Organizations that see the change coming, embrace it, and successful leverage it; and...
Sep. 30, 2016 01:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,287
Cloud computing is being adopted in one form or another by 94% of enterprises today. Tens of billions of new devices are being connected to The Internet of Things. And Big Data is driving this bus. An exponential increase is expected in the amount of information being processed, managed, analyzed, and acted upon by enterprise IT. This amazing is not part of some distant future - it is happening today. One report shows a 650% increase in enterprise data by 2020. Other estimates are even higher....
Sep. 30, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 4,238