|By Business Wire||
|November 12, 2012 12:00 PM EST||
Kronos Incorporated today announced financial results, company advancements, and customer successes for Fiscal 2012 which closed Sept. 30. Kronos revenues for the fiscal year increased 9 percent to $870 million. Earnings before interest, tax, depreciation, and amortization (EBITDA) increased to $266 million.1
“We are thrilled with our company’s financial performance. We are growing across all strategic aspects of our business – in the cloud, through product innovation, in the small and midsize business market, in the enterprise market, across our targeted vertical industries, and globally,” said Aron Ain, Kronos chief executive officer. “As we celebrate 35 years of innovation, we reflect upon our accomplishments – and, more importantly – look ahead toward a continued aggressive growth trajectory. As the pace-setter and game-changer in the workforce management market, we will continue to deliver exceptional value to customers around the globe.”
Fourth Quarter News Facts
- In the last quarter of Fiscal 2012, Kronos signed agreements with organizations around the world such as: CBS Interactive China, the largest vertical media group in China; Celadon Group, Inc., one of North America’s leading transportation companies; City of Tulsa, the second-largest city in the state of Oklahoma; Clemson University, a major land-grant, science- and engineering-oriented research university that maintains a strong commitment to teaching and student success; ESCO Corporation, a leading independent designer, manufacturer, and provider of highly engineered wear parts and replacement products used in mining, infrastructure development, power generation, aerospace and industrial applications; Gate Gourmet, the world’s largest independent provider of catering and provisioning services for airlines and railroads; Jerry’s Enterprises, Inc., an operator of Jerry’s Foods, County Market, Cub Foods, and Save-a-Lot grocery stores; RaceTrac Petroleum, Inc., operator of a chain of convenience stores across the Southern U.S.; Rail Corporation New South Wales (RailCorp), Australian-provider of metropolitan passenger rail services; Renault-Nissan Automotive India, the India subsidiary of Renault-Nissan; Supermercados Peruanos, the second-largest supermarket and hypermarket chain in Peru; Takshasila Healthcare, a joint venture between Kirloskar, Secom, and Toyota Tsusho of Japan; The Medical University of South Carolina, the oldest medical school in the Southern U.S.; The Pentagon Force Protection Agency, a civilian defense agency within the U.S. Department of Defense; The YMCA of Greater Charlotte, a United Way member agency comprised of 19 branches and 2 resident camps; University College London Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (UCLH), one of the largest NHS Trusts in the U.K. that provides first-class acute and specialist services in seven hospitals in London; York Region Police, one of the largest law enforcement organizations in the Greater Toronto area serving 1.1 million residents; and YRC Worldwide Ind., a Fortune 500 company headquartered in Overland Park, Kan., the holding company for a portfolio of brands including YRC Freight, YRC Reimer, Holland, Reddaway, and New Penn.
Fiscal 2012 News Facts
Growth in the Cloud
- More than 6,000 organizations are now successfully deployed in the Kronos Cloud. Kronos Cloud generates a fast return on investment while alleviating the need to invest in and manage additional infrastructure and staff. By choosing the Kronos Cloud, organizations free their staff to focus on other business objectives. Kronos now offers Workforce Central® in the Kronos Cloud for medium and large enterprises and Workforce Ready™ in the Kronos Cloud for small and midsize businesses.
Growth Through Product Innovation
- Workforce Central – Latest version (Workforce Central 6.3) balances rich functionality with unprecedented ease-of-use and includes innovative new features and consumer-driven enhancements to meet the needs of global customers, further improve usability, and expand functionality for absence management and scheduling.
- Kronos InTouch™ – Revolutionary time clock built for the modern workforce, Kronos InTouch delivers an unrivaled user experience; seamless integration to check accrual balances, request time off, and view schedules; a cloud-based architecture; and the first and only application platform devoted to improving productivity of the frontline workforce.
- Workforce Mobile™ – Latest version of Kronos’ award-winning mobile applications enables organizations to improve productivity by making it easier for managers and employees to complete a wide range of workforce-related tasks using a variety of mobile devices. Enhancements include MobileViews, enabling the writing of custom applications; advanced labor detail functionality; barcode scanning capabilities; simplified timecard approvals; and GPS data collection.
- Workforce Analytics™ – Enhanced labor analytics solution enables organizations to easily access and leverage their workforce data to identify, predict, and manage opportunities for cost savings and productivity gains. Vertical-specific analytics applications include real-time visibility into workforce and operational issues so concerns about labor costs and workforce needs can be addressed immediately; an intuitive, graphical management dashboard; sophisticated security features that provide personalized intelligence; and interoperability with an organization’s existing business intelligence tool.
- TeleStaff™ – Latest version of the Kronos TeleStaff public safety scheduling and notification solution includes enhancements that allow deployment on Microsoft SQL; new shift-bidding statuses enabling employees to view and monitor the status of their bids for shifts; and advanced reporting features.
- Workforce Tablet™ – Today at KronosWorks, Kronos announced availability of Workforce Tablet, a sleek, easy-to-use tablet app that delivers real-time, location-specific workforce information to frontline managers so they can more effectively manage in the moment.
- Workforce Task Management™ – Today at KronosWorks, Kronos announced availability of Workforce Task Management, a solution that simplifies store execution by providing end-users with a streamlined approach to create, approve, execute, and verify tasks. This drives productivity by streamlining communication between corporate and stores as well as increases sales and customer satisfaction by ensuring tasks are completed on time and consistently across locations.
Growth in Small and Midsize Business (SMB) Market
- SaaShr™ acquisition – By acquiring SaaShr.com, Kronos significantly broadened its product portfolio and gained access to an extensive network of partners and resellers. SaaShr offers a software-as-a-service (SaaS) workforce management suite for SMBs. Through its well-established network of payroll service bureaus, professional employer organizations, human resources outsourcers, and value-added resellers, SaaShr’s solutions are used in thousands of organizations across a wide variety of industries. Built from the ground up to operate in the cloud, SaaShr’s multi-tenant architecture delivers a consistent user experience across its suite of time and attendance, human resources, and payroll applications.
- Workforce Ready – Accelerating its cloud strategy, Kronos delivered a new suite of workforce management solutions for SMBs. Built from the ground up and designed to run in the cloud with its hosted multi-tenant architecture, Workforce Ready shares a common technology platform for time and attendance, human resources, and payroll applications; a universal employee record; and single user interface across its entire suite of applications.
Growth in Enterprise Market and Targeted Vertical Industries
- Large enterprise deployments – Kronos booked its greatest-ever number of large orders in excess of $1 million. Kronos’ vertical-specific expertise and the company’s innovative product offerings are often cited as top reasons these organizations selected Kronos. These large transactions included significant orders from new and existing customers including one of the top ten largest discount retailers; a global warehouse retailer; a leading international hotel chain; one of the largest, most comprehensive less-than-truckload networks in North America; the second-largest chicken producer in the world; a leading provider of emergency medical services in the U.S.; and one of the top 25 national public universities.
- OptiLink™ acquisition – Accelerates Kronos healthcare workforce management leadership by adding an industry-leading acuity-based staffing solution, OptiLink, to its workforce management suite. Kronos now offers the most advanced, clinically focused workforce management suite to help healthcare organizations deliver high-quality patient care.
- SMART™ acquisition – Supporting its aggressive international growth strategy and strengthening its presence in the Europe, Middle East, and Africa (EMEA) region, Kronos acquired U.K.-based SMART Computer Holdings and its Spanish affiliate SMART Human Logistics. As a result, Kronos now offers the leading workforce management solution for National Health Service (NHS) organizations in the U.K., and established a physical presence in Spain.
- Reseller agreements – Kronos extended its reach in the Middle East through reseller agreements with Health Matrix Corporation and OCSHI, providers of technology solutions to the healthcare sector, delivering an enhanced distribution network in the region, as well as local knowledge and support for new healthcare customer deployments. In addition, Kronos extended its reach in the India market through a strategic alliance with Qimpro, leveraging the company’s leadership in consulting to drive workforce transformation in India.
- Support for Multinationals – With deployments in more than 100 countries, Kronos is proficient at supporting large multinational organizations. Kronos accommodates a vast array of region-specific pay rules, bringing ease to the highly complex task of paying employees around the world. Multinationals are increasingly choosing Kronos for its global expertise and global product capabilities.
- 35 Years of Innovation – In October, Kronos celebrated 35 years of innovation. Since its founding in 1977, the company has grown to be the global leader in the workforce management software market.
- Connect with Kronos via Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
- Subscribe to our workforce management blogs.
- Take a look at the lighter side of workforce management in our Time Well Spent cartoons.
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is the global leader in delivering workforce management solutions in the cloud. Tens of thousands of organizations in more than 100 countries — including more than half of the Fortune 1000® — use Kronos to control labor costs, minimize compliance risk, and improve workforce productivity. Learn more about Kronos industry-specific time and attendance, scheduling, absence management, HR and payroll, hiring, and labor analytics applications at www.kronos.com. Kronos: Workforce Innovation That Works™.
© 2012 Kronos Incorporated. All rights reserved. Kronos and Workforce Central are registered trademarks and Workforce Ready, InTouch, Workforce Mobile, Workforce Analytics, TeleStaff, Workforce Tablet, Workforce Task Management, SaaShr, OptiLink, and SMART are trademarks of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.
Footnote: This press release contains non-GAAP financial measures. Kronos believes that non-GAAP measures of financial results provide useful information regarding certain financial and business trends relating to Kronos’ results of operations. Non-GAAP revenue consists of GAAP revenue excluding the effect of: (1) the write-down of deferred revenue associated with purchase accounting for certain acquisitions. EBITDA consists of GAAP income from operations excluding: (1) share-based compensation expense for stock options and stock awards in accordance with ASC 718; (2) amortization of capitalized software development costs (3) depreciation of property, plant and equipment; (4) amortization of acquired intangible assets; (5) acquisition-related expenses including advisory, legal, accounting, acquired employee-related costs, and integration costs; and (6) consulting expenses that are excluded from the definition of EBITDA under the terms of the Company’s Credit Agreement.
The Internet of Things will challenge the status quo of how IT and development organizations operate. Or will it? Certainly the fog layer of IoT requires special insights about data ontology, security and transactional integrity. But the developmental challenges are the same: People, Process and Platform and how we integrate our thinking to solve complicated problems. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Craig Sproule, CEO of Metavine, demonstrated how to move beyond today's coding paradigm and sh...
Dec. 5, 2016 08:45 PM EST Reads: 423
Today we can collect lots and lots of performance data. We build beautiful dashboards and even have fancy query languages to access and transform the data. Still performance data is a secret language only a couple of people understand. The more business becomes digital the more stakeholders are interested in this data including how it relates to business. Some of these people have never used a monitoring tool before. They have a question on their mind like “How is my application doing” but no id...
Dec. 5, 2016 07:45 PM EST Reads: 2,216
@GonzalezCarmen has been ranked the Number One Influencer and @ThingsExpo has been named the Number One Brand in the “M2M 2016: Top 100 Influencers and Brands” by Onalytica. Onalytica analyzed tweets over the last 6 months mentioning the keywords M2M OR “Machine to Machine.” They then identified the top 100 most influential brands and individuals leading the discussion on Twitter.
Dec. 5, 2016 07:45 PM EST Reads: 2,082
DevOps is being widely accepted (if not fully adopted) as essential in enterprise IT. But as Enterprise DevOps gains maturity, expands scope, and increases velocity, the need for data-driven decisions across teams becomes more acute. DevOps teams in any modern business must wrangle the ‘digital exhaust’ from the delivery toolchain, "pervasive" and "cognitive" computing, APIs and services, mobile devices and applications, the Internet of Things, and now even blockchain. In this power panel at @...
Dec. 5, 2016 07:15 PM EST Reads: 364
IoT is rapidly changing the way enterprises are using data to improve business decision-making. In order to derive business value, organizations must unlock insights from the data gathered and then act on these. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Eric Hoffman, Vice President at EastBanc Technologies, and Peter Shashkin, Head of Development Department at EastBanc Technologies, discussed how one organization leveraged IoT, cloud technology and data analysis to improve customer experiences and effici...
Dec. 5, 2016 07:15 PM EST Reads: 5,039
As data explodes in quantity, importance and from new sources, the need for managing and protecting data residing across physical, virtual, and cloud environments grow with it. Managing data includes protecting it, indexing and classifying it for true, long-term management, compliance and E-Discovery. Commvault can ensure this with a single pane of glass solution – whether in a private cloud, a Service Provider delivered public cloud or a hybrid cloud environment – across the heterogeneous enter...
Dec. 5, 2016 05:45 PM EST Reads: 1,600
Data is the fuel that drives the machine learning algorithmic engines and ultimately provides the business value. In his session at Cloud Expo, Ed Featherston, a director and senior enterprise architect at Collaborative Consulting, discussed the key considerations around quality, volume, timeliness, and pedigree that must be dealt with in order to properly fuel that engine.
Dec. 5, 2016 04:30 PM EST Reads: 2,058
Successful digital transformation requires new organizational competencies and capabilities. Research tells us that the biggest impediment to successful transformation is human; consequently, the biggest enabler is a properly skilled and empowered workforce. In the digital age, new individual and collective competencies are required. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Bob Newhouse, CEO and founder of Agilitiv, drew together recent research and lessons learned from emerging and established compa...
Dec. 5, 2016 04:15 PM EST Reads: 863
"IoT is going to be a huge industry with a lot of value for end users, for industries, for consumers, for manufacturers. How can we use cloud to effectively manage IoT applications," stated Ian Khan, Innovation & Marketing Manager at Solgeniakhela, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 5, 2016 03:45 PM EST Reads: 4,250
Whether your IoT service is connecting cars, homes, appliances, wearable, cameras or other devices, one question hangs in the balance – how do you actually make money from this service? The ability to turn your IoT service into profit requires the ability to create a monetization strategy that is flexible, scalable and working for you in real-time. It must be a transparent, smoothly implemented strategy that all stakeholders – from customers to the board – will be able to understand and comprehe...
Dec. 5, 2016 03:45 PM EST Reads: 360
Extracting business value from Internet of Things (IoT) data doesn’t happen overnight. There are several requirements that must be satisfied, including IoT device enablement, data analysis, real-time detection of complex events and automated orchestration of actions. Unfortunately, too many companies fall short in achieving their business goals by implementing incomplete solutions or not focusing on tangible use cases. In his general session at @ThingsExpo, Dave McCarthy, Director of Products...
Dec. 5, 2016 02:45 PM EST Reads: 689
Information technology is an industry that has always experienced change, and the dramatic change sweeping across the industry today could not be truthfully described as the first time we've seen such widespread change impacting customer investments. However, the rate of the change, and the potential outcomes from today's digital transformation has the distinct potential to separate the industry into two camps: Organizations that see the change coming, embrace it, and successful leverage it; and...
Dec. 5, 2016 02:45 PM EST Reads: 3,285
Everyone knows that truly innovative companies learn as they go along, pushing boundaries in response to market changes and demands. What's more of a mystery is how to balance innovation on a fresh platform built from scratch with the legacy tech stack, product suite and customers that continue to serve as the business' foundation. In his General Session at 19th Cloud Expo, Michael Chambliss, Head of Engineering at ReadyTalk, discussed why and how ReadyTalk diverted from healthy revenue and mor...
Dec. 5, 2016 02:45 PM EST Reads: 1,602
20th Cloud Expo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy.
Dec. 5, 2016 02:00 PM EST Reads: 2,207
You have great SaaS business app ideas. You want to turn your idea quickly into a functional and engaging proof of concept. You need to be able to modify it to meet customers' needs, and you need to deliver a complete and secure SaaS application. How could you achieve all the above and yet avoid unforeseen IT requirements that add unnecessary cost and complexity? You also want your app to be responsive in any device at any time. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Mark Allen, General Manager of...
Dec. 5, 2016 01:45 PM EST Reads: 1,711
The 20th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Containers, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportunity. Submit your speaking proposal ...
Dec. 5, 2016 01:15 PM EST Reads: 2,167
Major trends and emerging technologies – from virtual reality and IoT, to Big Data and algorithms – are helping organizations innovate in the digital era. However, to create real business value, IT must think beyond the ‘what’ of digital transformation to the ‘how’ to harness emerging trends, innovation and disruption. Architecture is the key that underpins and ties all these efforts together. In the digital age, it’s important to invest in architecture, extend the enterprise footprint to the cl...
Dec. 5, 2016 12:30 PM EST Reads: 2,337
Bert Loomis was a visionary. This general session will highlight how Bert Loomis and people like him inspire us to build great things with small inventions. In their general session at 19th Cloud Expo, Harold Hannon, Architect at IBM Bluemix, and Michael O'Neill, Strategic Business Development at Nvidia, discussed the accelerating pace of AI development and how IBM Cloud and NVIDIA are partnering to bring AI capabilities to "every day," on-demand. They also reviewed two "free infrastructure" pr...
Dec. 5, 2016 12:30 PM EST Reads: 959
Businesses and business units of all sizes can benefit from cloud computing, but many don't want the cost, performance and security concerns of public cloud nor the complexity of building their own private clouds. Today, some cloud vendors are using artificial intelligence (AI) to simplify cloud deployment and management. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Ajay Gulati, Co-founder and CEO of ZeroStack, will discuss how AI can simplify cloud operations. He will cover the following topics: why clou...
Dec. 5, 2016 11:30 AM EST Reads: 778
"Dice has been around for the last 20 years. We have been helping tech professionals find new jobs and career opportunities," explained Manish Dixit, VP of Product and Engineering at Dice, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 5, 2016 11:15 AM EST Reads: 966