|By Marketwired .||
|November 12, 2012 11:00 AM EST||
MORRISVILLE, NC -- (Marketwire) -- 11/12/12 -- Mobile broadband solutions company Tekelec received Light Reading's 2012 Leading Lights "Best Product (Mobile)" award for its market-leading Diameter Signaling Router (DSR). Light Reading editors recognized Tekelec as "the company that has developed a potentially market-leading product that, through engineering and technical excellence, enables the deployment of next-generation mobile services."
The DSR gives service providers the scalability, reliability and flexibility in the core network to manage mobile data and signaling growth and profit from mobile data services. It is a key component of the New Diameter Network, which relies on the Diameter protocol to exchange network, subscriber, policy, and charging information.
"Diameter is strategically important for operators to deliver new innovative services to 3G and LTE subscribers," said Phil Harvey, editor-in-chief of Light Reading. "The Leading Lights recognize that Tekelec is giving service providers new abilities to develop mobile data partnerships, deliver creative tariff plans and grow with the pace of mobile data and signaling traffic."
Last month's Tekelec LTE Diameter Signaling Index forecasted LTE Diameter signaling traffic growth to more than triple mobile data traffic growth through 2016. Key drivers of Diameter messages are policy and charging messages supporting usage-based service plans, authentication and roaming for LTE subscribers, and increased usage of voice over LTE (VoLTE) and video streaming.
Other Leading Light finalists* were:
- Apple's iPhone® 5
- Dialogic's PowerMedia Extended Media Server (PowerMedia XMS)
- Google's Nexus® 7 tablet
- Ruckus Wireless' SmartCell Gateway
- Samsung's SmartMBS (multi-standard base station)
"This award shows the long-term value of Diameter signaling as an essential building block for revenue-generating services and mobile data innovation," said Doug Suriano, CTO of Tekelec. "We're honored to be recognized among these industry innovators as one of the key companies in the mobile ecosystem."
Tekelec has 22 Diameter Signaling Router customers. Market intelligence firm Exact Ventures estimates that Tekelec has 75 percent to 85 percent market share.
Tekelec LTE Diameter Signaling Index: Forecast Report and Analysis 2011-2016
Diameter Signaling Controllers: Forecast Report & Analysis 2012-2017 Excerpt
Diameter Signaling Control Market Report Excerpt
New Diameter Network: Managing the Signaling Storm
New Diameter Network: Over-the-Top, Clouds and Machines White Paper
The New Diameter Network White Paper
The Time for Diameter Is Now White Paper
Diameter Signaling Router product brief
Tekelec's intelligent mobile broadband solutions enable service providers to manage and monetize mobile data and evolve to LTE and IMS. We are the architects of the new Diameter network, the foundation for session, policy and subscriber data management. More than 300 service providers use our market-leading solutions to deliver cloud, machine-to-machine and personalized services to consumers and enterprises. For more information visit www.tekelec.com.
* Note: All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Senior Manager, Marketing Communications
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict