|By PR Newswire||
|November 12, 2012 08:01 AM EST||
BEIJING and DALLAS, Nov. 12, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- NQ Mobile™ (NYSE: NQ) a leading global provider of mobile Internet services focusing on security, privacy and productivity, today announced that UK retailer Phones 4u will offer NQ Mobile Security at retail locations across the UK. In-store availability should begin in December 2012. Phones 4u operates over 600 retail locations in the UK.
"Retailers such as Phones 4u are essential collaborators in our efforts to expand globally and protect mobile users across the world," said Omar Khan, Co-Chief Executive Officer, NQ Mobile. "As smart device usage becomes ubiquitous, it is vital to educate customers about mobile security and privacy issues. Phones 4u is taking on an active role in protecting their customers' sensitive mobile information by offering NQ Mobile Security in its retail locations, offering exemplary mobile protection to consumers throughout the UK."
NQ Mobile's flagship application, Mobile Security detects and deletes viruses, malicious URLs, and other threats. NQ Mobile Security has been proven by independent security lab tests, like West Coast Labs Comparative Test, to outperform all competitive mobile security platforms. NQ Mobile Security was also a top performer in effectiveness, with a 99 percent malware detection rate, in research conducted by AV-TEST Institute, a leading international and independent service provider in the fields of IT security and anti-virus research.
"The NQ Mobile products are a welcome addition to the security solutions out there," said Scott Hooton, Chief Commercial Officer, Phones 4u. "By working with NQ Mobile to offer our customers mobile security products that include anti-virus, anti-theft and loss, privacy protection, we're able to offer our customers increased peace of mind when it comes to mobile phone safety."
NQ Mobile Security Features:
- Award-Winning Mobile Security: Fights malware, spyware, phishing, viruses, hacking, and more.
- Privacy Protection: Protects the data stored on your phone, ensuring that your social networking, email, and financial accounts can't be hacked and your personal calls can't be recorded.
- Anti-Theft/Anti-Loss: Remotely locates, locks, or deletes information from a lost or stolen mobile device, and sounds an alarm to help you find it.
- Backup and Restore: Safely and seamlessly stores your contacts so you can easily access them from any Web browser.
- System Optimization: Provides control over running apps and power consumption.
- Traffic Monitoring: Provides real-time updates on data usage and caps on maximum data usage.
About Phones 4u
Founded in 1996, Phones 4u focuses on a youthful, fashionable and technologically passionate customer demographic who have a high appetite for the latest technology. It is a preferred launch partner of global mobile manufacturers and is home of the latest and greatest mobile phones in the UK, selling all major networks and handset brands. Phones 4u was also the official UK retail partner for the Samsung Mobile PIN pop-up experiences opening across London in the summer of 2012, and Samsung's exclusive retail partner for its Samsung experience Zone. For more information, please visit http://www.phones4u.co.uk.
About NQ Mobile
NQ Mobile Inc. (NYSE: NQ) is a leading global provider of mobile Internet services focusing on security, privacy and productivity. The company was one of the first to recognize the growing security threats targeting smartphone users and is now a leading provider of Freemium subscription services with approximately 200 million registered user accounts in over 150 countries. NQ Mobile's proprietary, cloud-based security solution has been recognized by third-party testing facilities around the world as the most effective solution for detecting and combating mobile threats. NQ Mobile was bestowed the 2011 Technology Pioneer Award by the World Economic Forum for its technology leadership and innovation in mobile security. To facilitate global expansion, NQ Mobile headquarters are co-located in Beijing, China and Dallas, TX, USA. For more information on NQ Mobile, please visit www.nq.com.
SOURCE NQ Mobile Inc.
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict