|By Marketwired .||
|November 9, 2012 01:15 PM EST||
STOCKHOLM, SWEDEN -- (Marketwire) -- 11/09/12 -- 'Public relations' is deemed to be the most important component of the promotional mix by those in the United States whose roles incorporate marketing, including the use of channels such as social media and search engine optimization (SEO). This was the finding of a study carried out by Cint, a global provider of technology to gain market insight. The survey, undertaken in 2012, investigated people's attitudes regarding the practice of marketing and gauged opinions of the sector as a whole.
A total of 486 people, all of whom had previously undertaken market research, were polled from the United States, United Kingdom, Spain, Sweden and Germany. 36 percent of those surveyed in the US cited 'public relations' as the most important function within marketing, followed by advertising (27%) and social media (21%). The opinions of those in the US vastly differed from their European counterparts, with British and Spanish respondents believing advertising was most important. Social media was considered most useful in Germany and Sweden.
Hilary Shapiro, Global Marketing Director at Cint, comments: "It is interesting that over a third of qualified respondents in the US placed such importance on public relations as a tool for promoting their products or services. Despite the growth of 'new media,' channels including online community establishment, search engine optimization and social media, the traditional practice of media relations is still considered to play a significant role.
"When commencing this study, as with any piece of market research, it was essential to reach individuals most applicable to our requirements. We easily identified professionals from each country through Cint Access, the DIY market research solution, and received results in hours. Marketing specialists should be utilizing such tools in order to obtain the opinions of their target markets as well as to develop their marketing strategies more effectively."
The study was carried out using self-service sampling solution, Cint Access, which allows users to deploy an online survey to double opted-in, verified individuals matching their exact profiling requirements in less than seven minutes. Cint's range of market research tools offer businesses and brands access to the opinions of over 7.5 million people in 50 countries. These individuals are recruited through hundreds of reputable panel owners like publishers, local media outlets, brands and non-profits.
0044 1858 411600
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict