|By PR Newswire||
|November 9, 2012 03:00 AM EST||
CHANTILLY, Va. and DUBLIN, Nov. 9, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- A recent qualitative survey of 11 global directory publishers in six countries reveals 73 percent expect mobile services to be a major part of their business by 2016, and that the vast majority of them are already offering mobile related services to their customers. The survey also identifies full-service mobile website creation as a significant opportunity for directory publishers to assist small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs) to capitalize on the power of mobile advertising.
These findings are part of a joint research study published by BIA/Kelsey, a trusted advisor to local media companies, and dotMobi, makers of the mobile website publishing platform goMobi. The report, titled, "The Strategic Value of Mobile for Directory Publishers," details how directory publishers worldwide are leveraging the opportunity of the mobile web for themselves and their customers. The report examines the expected revenue growth around mobile product segments for the publishing industry and examines the investments and infrastructure they are building to help their SMB customers market themselves through the mobile channel.
The report indicates mobile's share of directory publisher revenue is currently at five percent of total revenues, which outpaces its share (0.6 percent) of overall local ad spending.
Commenting on this forecast, Michael Boland, analyst and program director for Mobile Local Media at BIA/Kelsey, said, "Overall, BIA/Kelsey reports that about 0.6 percent of local ad spending is currently devoted to mobile. Though this is a U.S. figure, mobile's share and growth rate are projected to be similar in many other developed nations. Also, as this survey reveals, mobile's current share of revenue is slightly higher than other local media, such as newspapers, which indicates a strong position for directory publishers."
Other highlights from the report include:
- The size of the mobile opportunity is made evident by the increase in mobile local search, which BIA/Kelsey predicts will eclipse desktop local search by 2015 (source: BIA/Kelsey's Mobile Local Media Forecast 2012).
- Widespread confidence revenue growth will occur with revenue streams mostly coming from mobile ad placement.
- Advantages for directory publishers around mobile include direct sales channels, strengths in local business categories that are conducive to mobile and ability to bundle and cross-promote mobile products.
- The mobile opportunity comes into even greater light when examining the currently low penetration of SMB mobile-optimized websites. This situation offers directory publishers the opportunity to provide full-service mobile website creation to their SMB clients.
"There is a high level of awareness among advertisers that there is a need to have a mobile presence, but many are not clear what route they should take or how to establish a mobile presence for their businesses," said Eileen O'Sullivan, COO, dotMobi. "This presents a distinct opportunity for directory publishers to bring cost effective solutions to their advertisers for everyone's benefit. This report offers valuable insights that will assist publishers understand what investments should be made to stay ahead of user trends and deploy best of breed advertiser solutions."
The report is available free of charge at www.biakelsey.com/mobilereport.asp.
About the Study
In August and September of 2012, BIA/Kelsey and dotMobi conducted 11 phone interviews with leading directory publishers in the U.S., Canada, France, Italy, Israel and Australia. On each call, a detailed interview schema was used to extract an understanding of the opportunities the mobile web presents for directory publishers and their customers. The goal of the research was to develop an overall strategic and tactical view of how this dynamic segment is being viewed by global publishers, rather than focus on specific companies. More details are available at: www.biakelsey.com/mobilereport.asp.
Headquartered in Dublin, dotMobi — a wholly owned subsidiary of Afilias Limited — is a worldwide leader in enabling the development and discovery of quality mobile content through innovative services, in turn helping businesses and individuals reach the world's billions of mobile phone users. dotMobi spurs mobile industry innovation by giving content providers the tools they need to ensure the Web will work on mobile devices with speed, accuracy and relevant content. Visit http://dotMobi.mobi for more information on .MOBI domains and all dotMobi services, including DeviceAtlas and the goMobi mobile website publishing solution. For more information, please visit: http://gomobi.info/.
BIA/Kelsey advises companies in the local media space through consulting and valuation services, research, Continuous Advisory Services and conferences. Since 1983, BIA/Kelsey has been a resource to the media, mobile advertising, telecommunications, Yellow Pages and electronic directory markets, as well as to government agencies, law firms and investment companies looking to understand trends and revenue drivers. BIA/Kelsey's annual conferences draw executives from across industries seeking expert guidance on how companies are finding innovative ways to grow. Additional information is available at http://www.biakelsey.com, on the company's Local Media Watch blog, Twitter (http://twitter.com/BIAKelsey) and Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/biakelsey).
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict