|By Business Wire||
|November 8, 2012 04:19 PM EST||
Local Corporation (NASDAQ: LOCM), a leading online local media company, today reported its financial results for the third quarter 2012.
“During the third quarter, we made great progress in growing our digital media and mobile ecosystem, reaching record overall, organic and mobile traffic. We also released Launch by Local, our digital media suite for small businesses, grew our direct sales force by 50 percent and achieved record subscribers for this product. We’re also pleased with the successful sale of our Rovion business earlier this quarter,” said Heath Clarke, Local Corporation chairman and chief executive officer. “We expect to continue the momentum in growing high-margin organic traffic and organic ad revenues into the fourth quarter, although we expect this will be offset by monetization dislocation in our Owned and Operated business from a combination of recent policy changes and price per click challenges from key partners. We believe the impact will be temporary and that these changes represent long-term opportunity. Our updated fourth quarter guidance of $22 to $23 million in revenues and Adjusted Net Income of approximately breakeven is down slightly from the third quarter. Fiscal 2012 revenues are expected to grow to approximately $100 million, an increase of over 27 percent compared to 2011 revenues, with Adjusted Net Income for 2012 of approximately $750,000. Continued growth of organic traffic and organic ad revenues, which are both at near-record levels, gives us confidence to expect revenue and Adjusted Net Income growth in future periods.”
|(in thousands, except per share amounts)|
|Q3 2012||Q2 2012||Q3 2011|
|Owned & Operated||$||18,340||$||20,478||$||13,457|
|Adjusted Net Income (Loss)*||$||152||$||468||$||(444||)|
|Less interest expense, net||(131||)||(97||)||(227||)|
|Less provision for income taxes||(22||)||(44||)||(47||)|
Less non-cash depreciation, amortization and stock compensation
|Plus gain (loss) on revaluation of warrants||65||166||513|
|Less net loss from Rovion assets held for sale||(256||)||(482||)||(825||)|
|Less asset impairment charge||-||(6,451||)||-|
|Less severance charges||(144||)||(514||)||-|
|GAAP net loss||$||(3,802||)||$||(9,347||)||$||(4,031||)|
|Diluted Adjusted Net Income (Loss) per share *||$||0.01||$||0.02||$||(0.02||)|
|Diluted GAAP net income (loss) per share||$||(0.17||)||$||(0.42||)||$||(0.18||)|
|Diluted weighted average shares used for Adjusted Net Income (Loss) per share||22,245||22,219||21,940|
|Diluted weighted average shares used for GAAP net loss per share||22,092||22,086||21,940|
* See detailed reconciliation of GAAP to non-GAAP measures in the financial tables attached to this release.
Adjusted Net Income (Loss) is defined as net income (loss) excluding: provision for income taxes; interest and other income (expense), net; depreciation; amortization; stock-based compensation charges; gain or loss on warrant revaluation; net income (loss) from discontinued operations; impairment charges and severance charges.
An explanation of the company’s use of non-GAAP financial measures, including the limitations of such measures relative to GAAP measures is included below and reconciliation between GAAP and non-GAAP measures, where appropriate, is included in the financial tables attached to this release.
Third Quarter Results Highlights:
• Revenue – Third quarter 2012 revenue was $24.8 million representing an increase of 20% over third quarter 2011 revenue of $20.7 million.
• GAAP Net Income (Loss) – Third quarter 2012 GAAP net loss was $3.8 million, or ($0.17) per diluted share, compared to the third quarter 2011 GAAP net loss of $4.0 million, or ($0.18) per diluted share.
• Adjusted Net Income (Loss) – Third quarter 2012 Adjusted Net Income was $0.2 million, or $0.01 per diluted share, compared to third quarter 2011 Adjusted Net Loss of $0.4 million, or ($0.02) per diluted share.
• Cash – On Sept. 30, 2012, the company’s cash balance was $3.7 million, a decrease of $3.4 million over the prior quarter. The decrease in cash is due to cash used in operating activities of approximately $2.2 million, approximately $0.8 million of cash used for capital expenditures, and $0.4 million used in financing activities relating to the net repayments on the revolving line of credit.
• Debt – On Sept. 30, 2012, the company had borrowings of $7.6 million outstanding under its Square One Bank revolving line of credit.
“The company exceeded revenue and bottom-line projections for the quarter,” said Ken Cragun, Local Corporation chief financial officer. “Early in the fourth quarter we closed the sale of the Rovion business for $3.9 million with $3.5 million cash at closing. The sale of Rovion also eliminated the $300,000 per quarter cash burn related to this business.”
Third Quarter 2012 Operating Highlights:
• Record Overall and Organic Traffic – Overall traffic on the site and network was a record 101 million monthly unique visitors (MUVs) in the third quarter 2012, slightly up from second quarter 2012 and up 10.0% from the year ago period. Organic traffic on the site and network was a record 39.1 million MUVs in the third quarter 2012, up 1.3% from the second quarter 2012 and up 34.0% from the year ago period. Organic traffic is defined as all non-SEM sourced traffic. Overall mobile traffic was 24.6 million MUVs in the third quarter 2012, up 28.1% from the second quarter 2012.
• Asset and Liabilities Held for Sale – On Oct. 19, 2012, we sold all assets related to the Rovion business. The sales price totaled $3.9 million, of which $3.5 million was paid at the close with the remainder being held in escrow for a period of 18 months.
Owned & Operated (O&O):
• Revenue – Third quarter 2012 total revenue related to the O&O business unit was $18.3 million, up 36% from third quarter 2011 O&O revenue of $13.5 million and down 11% from second quarter 2012 O&O revenue of $20.5 million.
• Monetization of Traffic – Revenue per thousand visitors (RKV) for third quarter 2012 was $276, up 9% from third quarter 2011 RKV of $254 and down 8% from second quarter 2012 RKV of $299.
• Revenue – Third quarter 2012 total revenue related to the Network business unit was $5.0 million, up 14% from the third quarter 2011 Network revenue of $4.4 million and up 22% from second quarter 2012 Network revenue of $4.1 million.
• Network Sites – The Network business unit ended the third quarter 2012 with more than 1,000 regional media sites utilizing the company’s white label business directory solution.
• Revenue – Third quarter 2012 revenue was $1.5 million, down 48% from third quarter 2011 revenue of $2.9 million and down 40% from second quarter 2012 revenue of $2.5 million. The reduction was primarily due to the previously disclosed phasing out of legacy customers.
• Digital Media Enrollments – The company ended the third quarter 2012 with approximately 900 Launch by Local subscribers. The company also has over 10,000 additional subscribers via self service, network and channel partners.
• Legacy Small and Medium-Sized Businesses (SMBs) – The company ended the third quarter 2012 with approximately 6,000 legacy subscribers. The company expects to cease billing all legacy subscribers by the end of 2012, as will be fully discussed in its Form 10-Q.
Recent News Highlights:
• Rovion Sold for $3.9 Million – In the fourth quarter, Gannett Company, Inc. (“Gannett”) acquired the company’s Rovion business and all related assets. The company has licensed the Rovion technology as part of the agreement and will continue to use the technology in its Launch by Local product offering.
• Krillion Licensed to Gannett – In conjunction with the Rovion sale, Gannett will license the Krillion technology from the company. Krillion’s real time shopping inventory data has been integrated into the Rovion rich media ad platform, providing Gannett’s customers with access to real time shopping data.
• New Yahoo! Five Year Agreement – In the fourth quarter, the company and Yahoo! entered into an expanded five year search and advertising agreement, extending a seven year business partnership.
• Small Medium Business (SMB) Product Bundle - “Launch by Local” (“Launch”) is the company’s new, full-service digital marketing and advertising solution for small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs). Launch is a complete, cost-effective digital marketing and advertising solution designed to help SMBs build online presence, reach new customers and engage with existing ones.
• Record Third Quarter Search Traffic – The company reached over 101 million total monthly unique visitors (MUVs), up 10.0 percent from the year ago period.
• Record Third Quarter Mobile Traffic – Mobile traffic represented over 24.6 million MUVs, up over 274 percent from the year ago period.
• Record Third Quarter Organic Traffic – The company reached organic traffic of over 39.1 million MUVs, up 34.0 percent from the year ago period.
• Website Magazine’s Top 50 Digital Advertising Networks – The company was ranked 8th on Website Magazine’s “Top 50 Digital Advertising Networks”.
• Mobile App– The company released its Local.com mobile app for iOS® and Android™ enabled devices. The new app enables mobile consumers to search for information on local businesses, including products and services.
• Corporate Name Change - The company’s legal name has been changed to Local Corporation, from Local.com Corporation. The name change reflects the growth in the company’s operations beyond its flagship Local.com website and into a more diversified local media business.
• Small Medium Businesses to Increase Digital Marketing Spend - The company released a Small Business Sentiment Survey study conducted in October by Kelton, examining the factors that small business owners weigh when they consider their digital marketing spend.
Fourth Quarter 2012 Financial Guidance:
Due to a combination of recent policy and CPC pricing changes and challenges from key monetization partners we are revising our fourth quarter fiscal 2012 guidance.
Revenue – The company expects fourth quarter 2012 revenue to be between $22.0 and $23.0 million.
Adjusted Net Income – Adjusted Net Income for the fourth quarter 2012 is expected to be approximately breakeven, or $0.00 per diluted share, assuming diluted weighted average shares of 23 million.
Projected fourth quarter 2012 Adjusted Net Income (Loss) Factors:
- Interest Expense of $100,000
- Tax Provision Expense of $50,000
- Depreciation Expense of $1.0 million
- Amortization Expense of $600,000
- Stock Compensation Expense of $750,000
- Net Loss from Rovion assets held for sale of $0.3 million
- Gain on sale of Rovion assets of $1.4 million
- Warrant Revaluation Expense and Other items are undeterminable*
Fiscal 2012 Financial Guidance:
Revenue - The company now expects 2012 revenue to be between $99 million and $100 million, which is an increase of over 27% compared to 2011 revenues.
Adjusted Net Income – Adjusted Net Income for 2012 is expected to be approximately $750,000, or $0.03 per diluted share, assuming diluted weighted average shares of 23.0 million, and taking into account the dilutive effect of stock options and warrants.
Projected 2012 Adjusted Net Income Factors:
- Interest Expense of $400,000
- Income Tax Provision of $200,000
- Depreciation Expense of $3.7 million
- Amortization Expense of $4.4 million
- Stock Compensation Expense of $3.0 million
- Impairment Charge of $6.5 million
- Severance Charges of $750,000
- Net Loss from Rovion assets held for sale of $1.6 million
- Gain on sale of Rovion assets of $1.4 million
- Warrant Revaluation Expense and Other items are undeterminable*
* The valuation of the warrant liability is based in large part on the underlying price and volatility of our common stock during the quarter. Since we cannot predict this, we cannot project the non-cash gain or loss in connection with these warrants, and therefore cannot reasonably project our GAAP net income (loss). We therefore cannot provide GAAP guidance, but do report GAAP results.
Conference Call Information:
Chairman and CEO Heath Clarke and CFO Ken Cragun will host a conference call today at 5 p.m. ET to discuss the results and outlook. Investors and analysts can participate in the call by dialing 1-877-454-9136 or 1-617-826-1724, passcode # 53634853. To listen to the webcast, or to view the press release, please visit the Investor Relations section of the Local Corporation website at: http://ir.local.com. Institutional investors can access the call via Thomson/CCBN's password-protected event management site, StreetEvents, at: www.streetevents.com.
The replay can be accessed for approximately one week starting at 7:30 p.m. ET the day of the call by dialing 1-800-585-8367 or 1-404-537-3406, passcode # 53634853. A replay of the webcast will be available for approximately 90 days on the company's website, starting approximately one hour after the completion of the call.
About Local Corporation
Local Corporation (NASDAQ:LOCM) is a leading online local media company that connects brick-and-mortar businesses with over a million online and mobile consumers each day using a variety of innovative digital marketing products. To advertise, or for more information, visit: http://www.localcorporation.com.
Forward Looking Statements
This press release contains certain “forward-looking statements” within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. Words or expressions such as 'anticipate,' 'believe,' 'estimate,' 'plans,' 'expect,' 'intend,' ‘projects,’ ‘forecast,’ ‘potential,’ ‘feel’ and similar expressions and phrases are intended to identify such forward-looking statements. Any forward-looking statements are based on the beliefs of our management as well as assumptions made by and information currently available to our management. Actual results could differ materially from those contemplated by the forward-looking statements as a result of certain factors, including, but not limited to, our advertising partners paying less revenue per click and revenues to us for our search results, our ability to purchase advertising from third parties to drive users to our sites, our ability to adapt our business following the shifts in our monetization partners, our ability to monetize the Local.com domain, including at a profit, our ability to retain a monetization partner for the Local.com domain and other web properties under our management that allows us to operate profitably, our ability to develop, market and operate our local-search technologies, our ability to market the Local.com domain as a destination for consumers seeking local-search results, our ability to grow our business by enhancing our local-search services, including through businesses we acquire, the integration and future performance of our Spreebird business and our Krillion business, the possibility that the information and estimates used to predict anticipated revenues and expenses associated with the businesses we acquire are not accurate, difficulties executing integration strategies or achieving planned synergies, the possibility that integration costs and go-forward costs associated with the businesses we acquire will be higher than anticipated, our ability to successfully expand our sales channels for new and existing products and services, our ability to increase the number of businesses that purchase our advertising products, our ability to successfully bill our monthly subscription customers, our ability to expand our advertiser and distribution networks, our ability to integrate and effectively utilize our acquisitions' technologies, our ability to develop our products and sales, marketing, finance and administrative functions and successfully integrate our expanded infrastructure, as well as our dependence on major advertisers, competitive factors and pricing pressures, changes in legal and regulatory requirements, and general economic conditions. Any forward-looking statements reflect our current views with respect to future events and are subject to these and other risks, uncertainties and assumptions relating to our operations, results of operations, growth strategy and liquidity. All subsequent written and oral forward-looking statements attributable to us or persons acting on our behalf are expressly qualified in their entirety by this paragraph. Unless otherwise stated, all site traffic and usage statistics are from third-party service providers engaged by the company.
Our most recent Annual Report on Form 10-K, subsequent Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q, recent Current Reports on Form 8-K and Form 8-K/A, and other Securities and Exchange Commission filings discuss the foregoing risks as well as other important risk factors that could contribute to such differences or otherwise affect our business, results of operations and financial condition. The forward-looking statements in this release speak only as of the date they are made. We undertake no obligation to revise or update publicly any forward-looking statement for any reason.
Non-GAAP Financial Measures
This press release includes the non-GAAP financial measure of “Adjusted Net Income” and “Adjusted Net Loss” which we define as net income (loss) excluding: provision for income taxes; interest and other income (expense), net; depreciation; amortization; stock based compensation charges; gain or loss on warrant revaluation; net income (loss) from discontinued operations; impairment charges and severance charges. Adjusted Net Income (Loss), as defined above, is not a measurement under GAAP. Adjusted Net Income (Loss) is reconciled to net income (loss) which we believe is the most comparable GAAP measure. A reconciliation of net income (loss) to Adjusted Net Income (Loss) is set forth at the end of this press release.
Management believes that Adjusted Net Income (Loss) provides useful information to investors about the company’s performance because it eliminates the effects of period-to-period changes in income from interest on the company’s cash and marketable securities, expense from the company’s financing transactions and the costs associated with income tax expense, capital investments, stock-based compensation expense, warrant revaluation charges and severance charges which are not directly attributable to the underlying performance of the company’s business operations. Management uses Adjusted Net Income (Loss) in evaluating the overall performance of the company’s business operations.
A limitation of non-GAAP Adjusted Net Income (Loss) is that it excludes items that often have a material effect on the company’s net income and earnings per common share calculated in accordance with GAAP. Therefore, management compensates for this limitation by using Adjusted Net Income (Loss) in conjunction with net income (loss) and net income (loss) per share measures. The company believes that Adjusted Net Income (Loss) provides investors with an additional tool for evaluating the company’s core performance, which management uses in its own evaluation of overall performance, and as a base-line for assessing the future earnings potential of the company. While the GAAP results are more complete, the company prefers to allow investors to have this supplemental metric since, with reconciliation to GAAP; it may provide greater insight into the company’s financial results. The non-GAAP measures should be viewed as a supplement to, and not as a substitute for, or superior to, GAAP net income or earnings per share.
|CONSOLIDATED BALANCE SHEETS|
|(in thousands, except par value)|
|September 30,||December 31,|
|Accounts receivable, net of allowances of $553 and $550, respectively||13,954||13,456|
|Notes receivable – current portion||392||392|
|Prepaid expenses and other current assets||518||732|
|Assets held for sale||2,517||2,187|
|Total current assets||21,129||27,171|
|Property and equipment, net||7,116||8,018|
|Intangible assets, net||4,426||8,833|
|Long term portion of note receivable||183||350|
|LIABILITIES AND STOCKHOLDERS’ EQUITY|
|Other accrued liabilities||1,421||2,422|
|Revolving line of credit||7,627||8,000|
|Liabilities held for sale||49||32|
|Total current liabilities||22,969||25,838|
|Deferred income taxes||265||265|
|Commitments and contingencies|
|Stockholders’ equity (deficit):|
|Convertible preferred stock, $0.00001 par value; 10,000 shares authorized; none issued and outstanding for all periods presented||-||-|
|Common stock, $0.00001 par value; 65,000 shares authorized; 22,095 and 22,082 issued and outstanding, respectively||-||-|
|Additional paid-in capital||121,261||119,068|
|Total liabilities and stockholders’ equity||$||58,784||$||75,811|
|CONSOLIDATED STATEMENTS OF OPERATIONS|
|(in thousands, except per share data)|
Three Months Ended
Nine Months Ended
|Costs and expenses:|
|Cost of revenues||18,463||12,487||55,798||34,273|
|Sales and marketing||4,152||5,905||14,443||13,340|
|General and administrative||2,522||2,975||7,706||8,882|
|Research and development||1,227||1,511||3,684||4,396|
|Amortization of intangibles||1,865||1,255||3,608||3,585|
|Impairment of goodwill and intangible assets||-||-||6,451||-|
|Total operating expenses||28,229||24,133||91,690||64,476|
|Operating income (loss)||(3,458||)||(3,445||)||(14,815||)||(11,516||)|
|Interest and other income (expense), net||(131||)||(227||)||(325||)||(312||)|
|Change in fair value of warrant liability||65||513||173||2,483|
|Income (loss) from continuing operations before income taxes||(3,524||)||(3,159||)||(14,967||)||(9,345||)|
|Provision for income taxes||22||47||121||107|
|Net income (loss) from continuing operations||(3,546||)||(3,206||)||(15,088||)||(9,452||)|
|Income (loss) from discontinued operations (net of taxes)||(256||)||(825||)||(1,263||)||(1,301||)|
|Net Income (loss)||$||(3,802||)||$||(4,031||)||$||(16,351||)||$||(10,753||)|
|Per share data:|
|Basic net income (loss) per share from continuing operations||$||(0.16||)||$||(0.15||)||$||(0.68||)||$||(0.45||)|
|Basic net income (loss) per share from discontinued operations||$||(0.01||)||$||(0.04||)||$||(0.06||)||$||(0.06||)|
|Basic net income (loss) per share||$||(0.17||)||$||(0.18||)||$||(0.74||)||$||(0.51||)|
|Diluted net income (loss) per share from continuing operations||$||(0.16||)||$||(0.15||)||$||(0.68||)||$||(0.45||)|
|Diluted net income (loss) per share from discontinued operations||$||(0.01||)||$||(0.04||)||$||(0.06||)||$||(0.06||)|
|Diluted net income (loss) per share||$||(0.17||)||$||(0.18||)||$||(0.74||)||$||(0.51||)|
|Basic weighted average shares outstanding||22,092||21,940||22,087||21,151|
|Diluted weighted average shares outstanding||22,092||21,940||22,087||21,151|
|Supplemental Consolidated Statements of Operations Information|
|Stock-based Compensation Expense|
|(in thousands, except per share data)|
Three Months Ended
Nine Months Ended
|Cost of revenues||$||22||$||12||$||61||$||165|
|Sales and marketing||261||306||846||955|
|General and administrative||320||491||988||1,427|
|Research and development||63||87||163||313|
|Total stock-based compensation expense*||$||666||$||896||$||2,058||$||2,860|
|Basic and diluted net stock-based compensation expense per share||$||0.03||$||0.04||$||0.09||$||0.14|
*- Excludes impact of discontinued operations.
|CONSOLIDATED STATEMENTS OF CASH FLOWS|
|Nine Months Ended September 30,|
|Cash flows from operating activities:|
|Net income (loss)||$||(16,351||)||$||(10,753||)|
|Adjustments to reconcile net income (loss) to cash provided by (used in) operating activities:|
|Depreciation and amortization||6,581||5,981|
|Provision for doubtful accounts||138||25|
|Stock-based compensation expense||2,176||2,948|
|Change in fair value of warrant liability||(173||)||(2,483||)|
|Impairment of goodwill and intangible assets||6,451||-|
|Changes in operating assets and liabilities:|
|Prepaid expenses and other||223||821|
|Accounts payable and accrued liabilities||(2,248||)||789|
|Net cash used in operating activities||(3,747||)||(2,191||)|
|Cash flows from investing activities:|
|Increase in restricted cash||(32||)||-|
|Issuance of notes receivable||-||(1,085||)|
|Proceeds from notes receivable||-||1,085|
|Acquisitions, net of cash acquired||-||(15,969||)|
|Purchases of intangible assets||-||(762||)|
|Net cash used in investing activities||(2,585||)||(19,875||)|
|Cash flows from financing activities:|
|Proceeds from exercise of options||22||170|
|Proceeds from the public offering of common stock||-||18,227|
|Payment of revolving credit facility||(1,373||)||(7,000||)|
|Proceeds from revolving credit facility||1,000||8,000|
|Payment of financing related costs||(5||)||(291||)|
|Net cash (used in) provided by financing activities||(356||)||19,106|
|Net increase (decrease) in cash||(6,688||)||(2,960||)|
|Cash, beginning of period||10,394||13,079|
|Cash, end of period||$||3,706||$||10,119|
|Supplemental Cash Flow Information:|
|Income taxes paid||$||12||$||11|
|RECONCILIATION OF NET INCOME (LOSS) TO ADJUSTED NET INCOME|
|(in thousands, except per share amounts)|
Three Months Ended September 30,
Three Months Ended
|GAAP net income (loss)||$||(3,802||)||$||(4,031||)||$||(9,347||)|
|Plus interest and other income (expense), net||131||227||97|
|Plus provision for income taxes||22||47||44|
|Plus amortization of intangibles||1,865||1,256||819|
|Plus stock-based compensation||666||896||667|
|Less revaluation of warrants||(65||)||(513||)||(166||)|
|Plus net loss from discontinued operations||256||825||482|
|Plus asset Impairment charge||-||-||6,451|
|Plus severance charges*||144||-||514|
|Adjusted Net Income (Loss)||$||152||$||(444||)||$||468|
|Diluted Adjusted Net Income (loss) per share||$||0.01||$||(0.02||)||$||0.02|
|Diluted weighted average shares outstanding||22,245||21,940||22,219|
* Included in severance charges are costs incurred due to a change in officer as well as severance cost incurred during the quarter.
According to Forrester Research, every business will become either a digital predator or digital prey by 2020. To avoid demise, organizations must rapidly create new sources of value in their end-to-end customer experiences. True digital predators also must break down information and process silos and extend digital transformation initiatives to empower employees with the digital resources needed to win, serve, and retain customers.
Oct. 28, 2016 02:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,779
SYS-CON Events announced today that SoftNet Solutions will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. SoftNet Solutions specializes in Enterprise Solutions for Hadoop and Big Data. It offers customers the most open, robust, and value-conscious portfolio of solutions, services, and tools for the shortest route to success with Big Data. The unique differentiator is the ability to architect and ...
Oct. 28, 2016 02:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,177
You think you know what’s in your data. But do you? Most organizations are now aware of the business intelligence represented by their data. Data science stands to take this to a level you never thought of – literally. The techniques of data science, when used with the capabilities of Big Data technologies, can make connections you had not yet imagined, helping you discover new insights and ask new questions of your data. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Sarbjit Sarkaria, data science team lead ...
Oct. 28, 2016 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,385
A completely new computing platform is on the horizon. They’re called Microservers by some, ARM Servers by others, and sometimes even ARM-based Servers. No matter what you call them, Microservers will have a huge impact on the data center and on server computing in general. Although few people are familiar with Microservers today, their impact will be felt very soon. This is a new category of computing platform that is available today and is predicted to have triple-digit growth rates for some ...
Oct. 28, 2016 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 34,365
In past @ThingsExpo presentations, Joseph di Paolantonio has explored how various Internet of Things (IoT) and data management and analytics (DMA) solution spaces will come together as sensor analytics ecosystems. This year, in his session at @ThingsExpo, Joseph di Paolantonio from DataArchon, will be adding the numerous Transportation areas, from autonomous vehicles to “Uber for containers.” While IoT data in any one area of Transportation will have a huge impact in that area, combining sensor...
Oct. 28, 2016 01:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,209
SYS-CON Events announced today that Transparent Cloud Computing (T-Cloud) Consortium will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. The Transparent Cloud Computing Consortium (T-Cloud Consortium) will conduct research activities into changes in the computing model as a result of collaboration between "device" and "cloud" and the creation of new value and markets through organic data proces...
Oct. 28, 2016 12:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,519
SYS-CON Events announced today that Niagara Networks will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Niagara Networks offers the highest port-density systems, and the most complete Next-Generation Network Visibility systems including Network Packet Brokers, Bypass Switches, and Network TAPs.
Oct. 28, 2016 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,454
In today's uber-connected, consumer-centric, cloud-enabled, insights-driven, multi-device, global world, the focus of solutions has shifted from the product that is sold to the person who is buying the product or service. Enterprises have rebranded their business around the consumers of their products. The buyer is the person and the focus is not on the offering. The person is connected through multiple devices, wearables, at home, on the road, and in multiple locations, sometimes simultaneously...
Oct. 27, 2016 10:30 PM EDT Reads: 3,843
Everyone knows that truly innovative companies learn as they go along, pushing boundaries in response to market changes and demands. What's more of a mystery is how to balance innovation on a fresh platform built from scratch with the legacy tech stack, product suite and customers that continue to serve as the business' foundation. In his General Session at 19th Cloud Expo, Michael Chambliss, Head of Engineering at ReadyTalk, will discuss why and how ReadyTalk diverted from healthy revenue an...
Oct. 27, 2016 10:30 PM EDT Reads: 3,088
SYS-CON Media announced today that @WebRTCSummit Blog, the largest WebRTC resource in the world, has been launched. @WebRTCSummit Blog offers top articles, news stories, and blog posts from the world's well-known experts and guarantees better exposure for its authors than any other publication. @WebRTCSummit Blog can be bookmarked ▸ Here @WebRTCSummit conference site can be bookmarked ▸ Here
Oct. 27, 2016 10:30 PM EDT Reads: 9,810
Intelligent machines are here. Robots, self-driving cars, drones, bots and many IoT devices are becoming smarter with Machine Learning. In her session at @ThingsExpo, Sudha Jamthe, CEO of IoTDisruptions.com, will discuss the next wave of business disruption at the junction of IoT and AI, impacting many industries and set to change our lives, work and world as we know it.
Oct. 27, 2016 10:30 PM EDT Reads: 564
Established in 1998, Calsoft is a leading software product engineering Services Company specializing in Storage, Networking, Virtualization and Cloud business verticals. Calsoft provides End-to-End Product Development, Quality Assurance Sustenance, Solution Engineering and Professional Services expertise to assist customers in achieving their product development and business goals. The company's deep domain knowledge of Storage, Virtualization, Networking and Cloud verticals helps in delivering ...
Oct. 27, 2016 10:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,166
The Internet of Things (IoT), in all its myriad manifestations, has great potential. Much of that potential comes from the evolving data management and analytic (DMA) technologies and processes that allow us to gain insight from all of the IoT data that can be generated and gathered. This potential may never be met as those data sets are tied to specific industry verticals and single markets, with no clear way to use IoT data and sensor analytics to fulfill the hype being given the IoT today.
Oct. 27, 2016 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,916
SYS-CON Events announced today that Hitrons Solutions will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Hitrons Solutions Inc. is distributor in the North American market for unique products and services of small and medium-size businesses, including cloud services and solutions, SEO marketing platforms, and mobile applications.
Oct. 27, 2016 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,124
OnProcess Technology has announced it will be a featured speaker at @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1 - 3, 2016, in Santa Clara, California. Dan Gettens, OnProcess’ Chief Analytics Officer, will discuss how Internet of Things (IoT) data can be leveraged to predict product failures, improve uptime and slash costly inventory stock. @ThingsExpo is an annual gathering of IoT and cloud developers, practitioners and thought-leaders who exchange ideas and insights on topics ranging from Big Data in...
Oct. 27, 2016 09:45 PM EDT Reads: 560
SYS-CON Events announced today that Enzu will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Enzu’s mission is to be the leading provider of enterprise cloud solutions worldwide. Enzu enables online businesses to use its IT infrastructure to their competitive advantage. By offering a suite of proven hosting and management services, Enzu wants companies to focus on the core of their online busine...
Oct. 27, 2016 07:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,467
The explosion of new web/cloud/IoT-based applications and the data they generate are transforming our world right before our eyes. In this rush to adopt these new technologies, organizations are often ignoring fundamental questions concerning who owns the data and failing to ask for permission to conduct invasive surveillance of their customers. Organizations that are not transparent about how their systems gather data telemetry without offering shared data ownership risk product rejection, regu...
Oct. 27, 2016 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 328
The Open Connectivity Foundation (OCF), sponsor of the IoTivity open source project, and AllSeen Alliance, which provides the AllJoyn® open source IoT framework, today announced that the two organizations’ boards have approved a merger under the OCF name and bylaws. This merger will advance interoperability between connected devices from both groups, enabling the full operating potential of IoT and representing a significant step towards a connected ecosystem.
Oct. 27, 2016 06:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,335
November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Penta Security is a leading vendor for data security solutions, including its encryption solution, D’Amo. By using FPE technology, D’Amo allows for the implementation of encryption technology to sensitive data fields without modification to schema in the database environment. With businesses having their data become increasingly more complicated in their mission-critical applications (such as ERP, CRM, HRM), continued ...
Oct. 27, 2016 05:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,197
SYS-CON Events announced today that Embotics, the cloud automation company, will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Embotics is the cloud automation company for IT organizations and service providers that need to improve provisioning or enable self-service capabilities. With a relentless focus on delivering a premier user experience and unmatched customer support, Embotics is the fas...
Oct. 27, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,090