|By Business Wire||
|November 8, 2012 04:19 PM EST||
Local Corporation (NASDAQ: LOCM), a leading online local media company, today reported its financial results for the third quarter 2012.
“During the third quarter, we made great progress in growing our digital media and mobile ecosystem, reaching record overall, organic and mobile traffic. We also released Launch by Local, our digital media suite for small businesses, grew our direct sales force by 50 percent and achieved record subscribers for this product. We’re also pleased with the successful sale of our Rovion business earlier this quarter,” said Heath Clarke, Local Corporation chairman and chief executive officer. “We expect to continue the momentum in growing high-margin organic traffic and organic ad revenues into the fourth quarter, although we expect this will be offset by monetization dislocation in our Owned and Operated business from a combination of recent policy changes and price per click challenges from key partners. We believe the impact will be temporary and that these changes represent long-term opportunity. Our updated fourth quarter guidance of $22 to $23 million in revenues and Adjusted Net Income of approximately breakeven is down slightly from the third quarter. Fiscal 2012 revenues are expected to grow to approximately $100 million, an increase of over 27 percent compared to 2011 revenues, with Adjusted Net Income for 2012 of approximately $750,000. Continued growth of organic traffic and organic ad revenues, which are both at near-record levels, gives us confidence to expect revenue and Adjusted Net Income growth in future periods.”
|(in thousands, except per share amounts)|
|Q3 2012||Q2 2012||Q3 2011|
|Owned & Operated||$||18,340||$||20,478||$||13,457|
|Adjusted Net Income (Loss)*||$||152||$||468||$||(444||)|
|Less interest expense, net||(131||)||(97||)||(227||)|
|Less provision for income taxes||(22||)||(44||)||(47||)|
Less non-cash depreciation, amortization and stock compensation
|Plus gain (loss) on revaluation of warrants||65||166||513|
|Less net loss from Rovion assets held for sale||(256||)||(482||)||(825||)|
|Less asset impairment charge||-||(6,451||)||-|
|Less severance charges||(144||)||(514||)||-|
|GAAP net loss||$||(3,802||)||$||(9,347||)||$||(4,031||)|
|Diluted Adjusted Net Income (Loss) per share *||$||0.01||$||0.02||$||(0.02||)|
|Diluted GAAP net income (loss) per share||$||(0.17||)||$||(0.42||)||$||(0.18||)|
|Diluted weighted average shares used for Adjusted Net Income (Loss) per share||22,245||22,219||21,940|
|Diluted weighted average shares used for GAAP net loss per share||22,092||22,086||21,940|
* See detailed reconciliation of GAAP to non-GAAP measures in the financial tables attached to this release.
Adjusted Net Income (Loss) is defined as net income (loss) excluding: provision for income taxes; interest and other income (expense), net; depreciation; amortization; stock-based compensation charges; gain or loss on warrant revaluation; net income (loss) from discontinued operations; impairment charges and severance charges.
An explanation of the company’s use of non-GAAP financial measures, including the limitations of such measures relative to GAAP measures is included below and reconciliation between GAAP and non-GAAP measures, where appropriate, is included in the financial tables attached to this release.
Third Quarter Results Highlights:
• Revenue – Third quarter 2012 revenue was $24.8 million representing an increase of 20% over third quarter 2011 revenue of $20.7 million.
• GAAP Net Income (Loss) – Third quarter 2012 GAAP net loss was $3.8 million, or ($0.17) per diluted share, compared to the third quarter 2011 GAAP net loss of $4.0 million, or ($0.18) per diluted share.
• Adjusted Net Income (Loss) – Third quarter 2012 Adjusted Net Income was $0.2 million, or $0.01 per diluted share, compared to third quarter 2011 Adjusted Net Loss of $0.4 million, or ($0.02) per diluted share.
• Cash – On Sept. 30, 2012, the company’s cash balance was $3.7 million, a decrease of $3.4 million over the prior quarter. The decrease in cash is due to cash used in operating activities of approximately $2.2 million, approximately $0.8 million of cash used for capital expenditures, and $0.4 million used in financing activities relating to the net repayments on the revolving line of credit.
• Debt – On Sept. 30, 2012, the company had borrowings of $7.6 million outstanding under its Square One Bank revolving line of credit.
“The company exceeded revenue and bottom-line projections for the quarter,” said Ken Cragun, Local Corporation chief financial officer. “Early in the fourth quarter we closed the sale of the Rovion business for $3.9 million with $3.5 million cash at closing. The sale of Rovion also eliminated the $300,000 per quarter cash burn related to this business.”
Third Quarter 2012 Operating Highlights:
• Record Overall and Organic Traffic – Overall traffic on the site and network was a record 101 million monthly unique visitors (MUVs) in the third quarter 2012, slightly up from second quarter 2012 and up 10.0% from the year ago period. Organic traffic on the site and network was a record 39.1 million MUVs in the third quarter 2012, up 1.3% from the second quarter 2012 and up 34.0% from the year ago period. Organic traffic is defined as all non-SEM sourced traffic. Overall mobile traffic was 24.6 million MUVs in the third quarter 2012, up 28.1% from the second quarter 2012.
• Asset and Liabilities Held for Sale – On Oct. 19, 2012, we sold all assets related to the Rovion business. The sales price totaled $3.9 million, of which $3.5 million was paid at the close with the remainder being held in escrow for a period of 18 months.
Owned & Operated (O&O):
• Revenue – Third quarter 2012 total revenue related to the O&O business unit was $18.3 million, up 36% from third quarter 2011 O&O revenue of $13.5 million and down 11% from second quarter 2012 O&O revenue of $20.5 million.
• Monetization of Traffic – Revenue per thousand visitors (RKV) for third quarter 2012 was $276, up 9% from third quarter 2011 RKV of $254 and down 8% from second quarter 2012 RKV of $299.
• Revenue – Third quarter 2012 total revenue related to the Network business unit was $5.0 million, up 14% from the third quarter 2011 Network revenue of $4.4 million and up 22% from second quarter 2012 Network revenue of $4.1 million.
• Network Sites – The Network business unit ended the third quarter 2012 with more than 1,000 regional media sites utilizing the company’s white label business directory solution.
• Revenue – Third quarter 2012 revenue was $1.5 million, down 48% from third quarter 2011 revenue of $2.9 million and down 40% from second quarter 2012 revenue of $2.5 million. The reduction was primarily due to the previously disclosed phasing out of legacy customers.
• Digital Media Enrollments – The company ended the third quarter 2012 with approximately 900 Launch by Local subscribers. The company also has over 10,000 additional subscribers via self service, network and channel partners.
• Legacy Small and Medium-Sized Businesses (SMBs) – The company ended the third quarter 2012 with approximately 6,000 legacy subscribers. The company expects to cease billing all legacy subscribers by the end of 2012, as will be fully discussed in its Form 10-Q.
Recent News Highlights:
• Rovion Sold for $3.9 Million – In the fourth quarter, Gannett Company, Inc. (“Gannett”) acquired the company’s Rovion business and all related assets. The company has licensed the Rovion technology as part of the agreement and will continue to use the technology in its Launch by Local product offering.
• Krillion Licensed to Gannett – In conjunction with the Rovion sale, Gannett will license the Krillion technology from the company. Krillion’s real time shopping inventory data has been integrated into the Rovion rich media ad platform, providing Gannett’s customers with access to real time shopping data.
• New Yahoo! Five Year Agreement – In the fourth quarter, the company and Yahoo! entered into an expanded five year search and advertising agreement, extending a seven year business partnership.
• Small Medium Business (SMB) Product Bundle - “Launch by Local” (“Launch”) is the company’s new, full-service digital marketing and advertising solution for small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs). Launch is a complete, cost-effective digital marketing and advertising solution designed to help SMBs build online presence, reach new customers and engage with existing ones.
• Record Third Quarter Search Traffic – The company reached over 101 million total monthly unique visitors (MUVs), up 10.0 percent from the year ago period.
• Record Third Quarter Mobile Traffic – Mobile traffic represented over 24.6 million MUVs, up over 274 percent from the year ago period.
• Record Third Quarter Organic Traffic – The company reached organic traffic of over 39.1 million MUVs, up 34.0 percent from the year ago period.
• Website Magazine’s Top 50 Digital Advertising Networks – The company was ranked 8th on Website Magazine’s “Top 50 Digital Advertising Networks”.
• Mobile App– The company released its Local.com mobile app for iOS® and Android™ enabled devices. The new app enables mobile consumers to search for information on local businesses, including products and services.
• Corporate Name Change - The company’s legal name has been changed to Local Corporation, from Local.com Corporation. The name change reflects the growth in the company’s operations beyond its flagship Local.com website and into a more diversified local media business.
• Small Medium Businesses to Increase Digital Marketing Spend - The company released a Small Business Sentiment Survey study conducted in October by Kelton, examining the factors that small business owners weigh when they consider their digital marketing spend.
Fourth Quarter 2012 Financial Guidance:
Due to a combination of recent policy and CPC pricing changes and challenges from key monetization partners we are revising our fourth quarter fiscal 2012 guidance.
Revenue – The company expects fourth quarter 2012 revenue to be between $22.0 and $23.0 million.
Adjusted Net Income – Adjusted Net Income for the fourth quarter 2012 is expected to be approximately breakeven, or $0.00 per diluted share, assuming diluted weighted average shares of 23 million.
Projected fourth quarter 2012 Adjusted Net Income (Loss) Factors:
- Interest Expense of $100,000
- Tax Provision Expense of $50,000
- Depreciation Expense of $1.0 million
- Amortization Expense of $600,000
- Stock Compensation Expense of $750,000
- Net Loss from Rovion assets held for sale of $0.3 million
- Gain on sale of Rovion assets of $1.4 million
- Warrant Revaluation Expense and Other items are undeterminable*
Fiscal 2012 Financial Guidance:
Revenue - The company now expects 2012 revenue to be between $99 million and $100 million, which is an increase of over 27% compared to 2011 revenues.
Adjusted Net Income – Adjusted Net Income for 2012 is expected to be approximately $750,000, or $0.03 per diluted share, assuming diluted weighted average shares of 23.0 million, and taking into account the dilutive effect of stock options and warrants.
Projected 2012 Adjusted Net Income Factors:
- Interest Expense of $400,000
- Income Tax Provision of $200,000
- Depreciation Expense of $3.7 million
- Amortization Expense of $4.4 million
- Stock Compensation Expense of $3.0 million
- Impairment Charge of $6.5 million
- Severance Charges of $750,000
- Net Loss from Rovion assets held for sale of $1.6 million
- Gain on sale of Rovion assets of $1.4 million
- Warrant Revaluation Expense and Other items are undeterminable*
* The valuation of the warrant liability is based in large part on the underlying price and volatility of our common stock during the quarter. Since we cannot predict this, we cannot project the non-cash gain or loss in connection with these warrants, and therefore cannot reasonably project our GAAP net income (loss). We therefore cannot provide GAAP guidance, but do report GAAP results.
Conference Call Information:
Chairman and CEO Heath Clarke and CFO Ken Cragun will host a conference call today at 5 p.m. ET to discuss the results and outlook. Investors and analysts can participate in the call by dialing 1-877-454-9136 or 1-617-826-1724, passcode # 53634853. To listen to the webcast, or to view the press release, please visit the Investor Relations section of the Local Corporation website at: http://ir.local.com. Institutional investors can access the call via Thomson/CCBN's password-protected event management site, StreetEvents, at: www.streetevents.com.
The replay can be accessed for approximately one week starting at 7:30 p.m. ET the day of the call by dialing 1-800-585-8367 or 1-404-537-3406, passcode # 53634853. A replay of the webcast will be available for approximately 90 days on the company's website, starting approximately one hour after the completion of the call.
About Local Corporation
Local Corporation (NASDAQ:LOCM) is a leading online local media company that connects brick-and-mortar businesses with over a million online and mobile consumers each day using a variety of innovative digital marketing products. To advertise, or for more information, visit: http://www.localcorporation.com.
Forward Looking Statements
This press release contains certain “forward-looking statements” within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. Words or expressions such as 'anticipate,' 'believe,' 'estimate,' 'plans,' 'expect,' 'intend,' ‘projects,’ ‘forecast,’ ‘potential,’ ‘feel’ and similar expressions and phrases are intended to identify such forward-looking statements. Any forward-looking statements are based on the beliefs of our management as well as assumptions made by and information currently available to our management. Actual results could differ materially from those contemplated by the forward-looking statements as a result of certain factors, including, but not limited to, our advertising partners paying less revenue per click and revenues to us for our search results, our ability to purchase advertising from third parties to drive users to our sites, our ability to adapt our business following the shifts in our monetization partners, our ability to monetize the Local.com domain, including at a profit, our ability to retain a monetization partner for the Local.com domain and other web properties under our management that allows us to operate profitably, our ability to develop, market and operate our local-search technologies, our ability to market the Local.com domain as a destination for consumers seeking local-search results, our ability to grow our business by enhancing our local-search services, including through businesses we acquire, the integration and future performance of our Spreebird business and our Krillion business, the possibility that the information and estimates used to predict anticipated revenues and expenses associated with the businesses we acquire are not accurate, difficulties executing integration strategies or achieving planned synergies, the possibility that integration costs and go-forward costs associated with the businesses we acquire will be higher than anticipated, our ability to successfully expand our sales channels for new and existing products and services, our ability to increase the number of businesses that purchase our advertising products, our ability to successfully bill our monthly subscription customers, our ability to expand our advertiser and distribution networks, our ability to integrate and effectively utilize our acquisitions' technologies, our ability to develop our products and sales, marketing, finance and administrative functions and successfully integrate our expanded infrastructure, as well as our dependence on major advertisers, competitive factors and pricing pressures, changes in legal and regulatory requirements, and general economic conditions. Any forward-looking statements reflect our current views with respect to future events and are subject to these and other risks, uncertainties and assumptions relating to our operations, results of operations, growth strategy and liquidity. All subsequent written and oral forward-looking statements attributable to us or persons acting on our behalf are expressly qualified in their entirety by this paragraph. Unless otherwise stated, all site traffic and usage statistics are from third-party service providers engaged by the company.
Our most recent Annual Report on Form 10-K, subsequent Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q, recent Current Reports on Form 8-K and Form 8-K/A, and other Securities and Exchange Commission filings discuss the foregoing risks as well as other important risk factors that could contribute to such differences or otherwise affect our business, results of operations and financial condition. The forward-looking statements in this release speak only as of the date they are made. We undertake no obligation to revise or update publicly any forward-looking statement for any reason.
Non-GAAP Financial Measures
This press release includes the non-GAAP financial measure of “Adjusted Net Income” and “Adjusted Net Loss” which we define as net income (loss) excluding: provision for income taxes; interest and other income (expense), net; depreciation; amortization; stock based compensation charges; gain or loss on warrant revaluation; net income (loss) from discontinued operations; impairment charges and severance charges. Adjusted Net Income (Loss), as defined above, is not a measurement under GAAP. Adjusted Net Income (Loss) is reconciled to net income (loss) which we believe is the most comparable GAAP measure. A reconciliation of net income (loss) to Adjusted Net Income (Loss) is set forth at the end of this press release.
Management believes that Adjusted Net Income (Loss) provides useful information to investors about the company’s performance because it eliminates the effects of period-to-period changes in income from interest on the company’s cash and marketable securities, expense from the company’s financing transactions and the costs associated with income tax expense, capital investments, stock-based compensation expense, warrant revaluation charges and severance charges which are not directly attributable to the underlying performance of the company’s business operations. Management uses Adjusted Net Income (Loss) in evaluating the overall performance of the company’s business operations.
A limitation of non-GAAP Adjusted Net Income (Loss) is that it excludes items that often have a material effect on the company’s net income and earnings per common share calculated in accordance with GAAP. Therefore, management compensates for this limitation by using Adjusted Net Income (Loss) in conjunction with net income (loss) and net income (loss) per share measures. The company believes that Adjusted Net Income (Loss) provides investors with an additional tool for evaluating the company’s core performance, which management uses in its own evaluation of overall performance, and as a base-line for assessing the future earnings potential of the company. While the GAAP results are more complete, the company prefers to allow investors to have this supplemental metric since, with reconciliation to GAAP; it may provide greater insight into the company’s financial results. The non-GAAP measures should be viewed as a supplement to, and not as a substitute for, or superior to, GAAP net income or earnings per share.
|CONSOLIDATED BALANCE SHEETS|
|(in thousands, except par value)|
|September 30,||December 31,|
|Accounts receivable, net of allowances of $553 and $550, respectively||13,954||13,456|
|Notes receivable – current portion||392||392|
|Prepaid expenses and other current assets||518||732|
|Assets held for sale||2,517||2,187|
|Total current assets||21,129||27,171|
|Property and equipment, net||7,116||8,018|
|Intangible assets, net||4,426||8,833|
|Long term portion of note receivable||183||350|
|LIABILITIES AND STOCKHOLDERS’ EQUITY|
|Other accrued liabilities||1,421||2,422|
|Revolving line of credit||7,627||8,000|
|Liabilities held for sale||49||32|
|Total current liabilities||22,969||25,838|
|Deferred income taxes||265||265|
|Commitments and contingencies|
|Stockholders’ equity (deficit):|
|Convertible preferred stock, $0.00001 par value; 10,000 shares authorized; none issued and outstanding for all periods presented||-||-|
|Common stock, $0.00001 par value; 65,000 shares authorized; 22,095 and 22,082 issued and outstanding, respectively||-||-|
|Additional paid-in capital||121,261||119,068|
|Total liabilities and stockholders’ equity||$||58,784||$||75,811|
|CONSOLIDATED STATEMENTS OF OPERATIONS|
|(in thousands, except per share data)|
Three Months Ended
Nine Months Ended
|Costs and expenses:|
|Cost of revenues||18,463||12,487||55,798||34,273|
|Sales and marketing||4,152||5,905||14,443||13,340|
|General and administrative||2,522||2,975||7,706||8,882|
|Research and development||1,227||1,511||3,684||4,396|
|Amortization of intangibles||1,865||1,255||3,608||3,585|
|Impairment of goodwill and intangible assets||-||-||6,451||-|
|Total operating expenses||28,229||24,133||91,690||64,476|
|Operating income (loss)||(3,458||)||(3,445||)||(14,815||)||(11,516||)|
|Interest and other income (expense), net||(131||)||(227||)||(325||)||(312||)|
|Change in fair value of warrant liability||65||513||173||2,483|
|Income (loss) from continuing operations before income taxes||(3,524||)||(3,159||)||(14,967||)||(9,345||)|
|Provision for income taxes||22||47||121||107|
|Net income (loss) from continuing operations||(3,546||)||(3,206||)||(15,088||)||(9,452||)|
|Income (loss) from discontinued operations (net of taxes)||(256||)||(825||)||(1,263||)||(1,301||)|
|Net Income (loss)||$||(3,802||)||$||(4,031||)||$||(16,351||)||$||(10,753||)|
|Per share data:|
|Basic net income (loss) per share from continuing operations||$||(0.16||)||$||(0.15||)||$||(0.68||)||$||(0.45||)|
|Basic net income (loss) per share from discontinued operations||$||(0.01||)||$||(0.04||)||$||(0.06||)||$||(0.06||)|
|Basic net income (loss) per share||$||(0.17||)||$||(0.18||)||$||(0.74||)||$||(0.51||)|
|Diluted net income (loss) per share from continuing operations||$||(0.16||)||$||(0.15||)||$||(0.68||)||$||(0.45||)|
|Diluted net income (loss) per share from discontinued operations||$||(0.01||)||$||(0.04||)||$||(0.06||)||$||(0.06||)|
|Diluted net income (loss) per share||$||(0.17||)||$||(0.18||)||$||(0.74||)||$||(0.51||)|
|Basic weighted average shares outstanding||22,092||21,940||22,087||21,151|
|Diluted weighted average shares outstanding||22,092||21,940||22,087||21,151|
|Supplemental Consolidated Statements of Operations Information|
|Stock-based Compensation Expense|
|(in thousands, except per share data)|
Three Months Ended
Nine Months Ended
|Cost of revenues||$||22||$||12||$||61||$||165|
|Sales and marketing||261||306||846||955|
|General and administrative||320||491||988||1,427|
|Research and development||63||87||163||313|
|Total stock-based compensation expense*||$||666||$||896||$||2,058||$||2,860|
|Basic and diluted net stock-based compensation expense per share||$||0.03||$||0.04||$||0.09||$||0.14|
*- Excludes impact of discontinued operations.
|CONSOLIDATED STATEMENTS OF CASH FLOWS|
|Nine Months Ended September 30,|
|Cash flows from operating activities:|
|Net income (loss)||$||(16,351||)||$||(10,753||)|
|Adjustments to reconcile net income (loss) to cash provided by (used in) operating activities:|
|Depreciation and amortization||6,581||5,981|
|Provision for doubtful accounts||138||25|
|Stock-based compensation expense||2,176||2,948|
|Change in fair value of warrant liability||(173||)||(2,483||)|
|Impairment of goodwill and intangible assets||6,451||-|
|Changes in operating assets and liabilities:|
|Prepaid expenses and other||223||821|
|Accounts payable and accrued liabilities||(2,248||)||789|
|Net cash used in operating activities||(3,747||)||(2,191||)|
|Cash flows from investing activities:|
|Increase in restricted cash||(32||)||-|
|Issuance of notes receivable||-||(1,085||)|
|Proceeds from notes receivable||-||1,085|
|Acquisitions, net of cash acquired||-||(15,969||)|
|Purchases of intangible assets||-||(762||)|
|Net cash used in investing activities||(2,585||)||(19,875||)|
|Cash flows from financing activities:|
|Proceeds from exercise of options||22||170|
|Proceeds from the public offering of common stock||-||18,227|
|Payment of revolving credit facility||(1,373||)||(7,000||)|
|Proceeds from revolving credit facility||1,000||8,000|
|Payment of financing related costs||(5||)||(291||)|
|Net cash (used in) provided by financing activities||(356||)||19,106|
|Net increase (decrease) in cash||(6,688||)||(2,960||)|
|Cash, beginning of period||10,394||13,079|
|Cash, end of period||$||3,706||$||10,119|
|Supplemental Cash Flow Information:|
|Income taxes paid||$||12||$||11|
|RECONCILIATION OF NET INCOME (LOSS) TO ADJUSTED NET INCOME|
|(in thousands, except per share amounts)|
Three Months Ended September 30,
Three Months Ended
|GAAP net income (loss)||$||(3,802||)||$||(4,031||)||$||(9,347||)|
|Plus interest and other income (expense), net||131||227||97|
|Plus provision for income taxes||22||47||44|
|Plus amortization of intangibles||1,865||1,256||819|
|Plus stock-based compensation||666||896||667|
|Less revaluation of warrants||(65||)||(513||)||(166||)|
|Plus net loss from discontinued operations||256||825||482|
|Plus asset Impairment charge||-||-||6,451|
|Plus severance charges*||144||-||514|
|Adjusted Net Income (Loss)||$||152||$||(444||)||$||468|
|Diluted Adjusted Net Income (loss) per share||$||0.01||$||(0.02||)||$||0.02|
|Diluted weighted average shares outstanding||22,245||21,940||22,219|
* Included in severance charges are costs incurred due to a change in officer as well as severance cost incurred during the quarter.
SYS-CON Events announced today that Super Micro Computer, Inc., a global leader in Embedded and IoT solutions, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Supermicro (NASDAQ: SMCI), the leading innovator in high-performance, high-efficiency server technology, is a premier provider of advanced server Building Block Solutions® for Data Center, Cloud Computing, Enterprise IT, Hadoop/Big Data, HPC and ...
May. 31, 2016 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 949
18th Cloud Expo, taking place June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy. Meanwhile, 94% of enterprises are using some...
May. 31, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,303
Cloud computing delivers on-demand resources that provide businesses with flexibility and cost-savings. The challenge in moving workloads to the cloud has been the cost and complexity of ensuring the initial and ongoing security and regulatory (PCI, HIPAA, FFIEC) compliance across private and public clouds. Manual security compliance is slow, prone to human error, and represents over 50% of the cost of managing cloud applications. Determining how to automate cloud security compliance is critical...
May. 31, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,001
SYS-CON Events announced today that IBM Cloud Data Services has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. IBM Cloud Data Services offers a portfolio of integrated, best-of-breed cloud data services for developers focused on mobile computing and analytics use cases.
May. 31, 2016 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,723
SYS-CON Events announced today that ContentMX, the marketing technology and services company with a singular mission to increase engagement and drive more conversations for enterprise, channel and SMB technology marketers, has been named “Sponsor & Exhibitor Lounge Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York. “CloudExpo is a great opportunity to start a conversation with new prospects, but what happens after the...
May. 31, 2016 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,488
The IoT is changing the way enterprises conduct business. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Eric Hoffman, Vice President at EastBanc Technologies, discuss how businesses can gain an edge over competitors by empowering consumers to take control through IoT. We'll cite examples such as a Washington, D.C.-based sports club that leveraged IoT and the cloud to develop a comprehensive booking system. He'll also highlight how IoT can revitalize and restore outdated business models, making them profitable...
May. 31, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,130
Customer experience has become a competitive differentiator for companies, and it’s imperative that brands seamlessly connect the customer journey across all platforms. With the continued explosion of IoT, join us for a look at how to build a winning digital foundation in the connected era – today and in the future. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Nguyen, Group Product Marketing Manager at Adobe, will discuss how to successfully leverage mobile, rapidly deploy content, capture real-time d...
May. 31, 2016 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,790
What a difference a year makes. Organizations aren’t just talking about IoT possibilities, it is now baked into their core business strategy. With IoT, billions of devices generating data from different companies on different networks around the globe need to interact. From efficiency to better customer insights to completely new business models, IoT will turn traditional business models upside down. In the new customer-centric age, the key to success is delivering critical services and apps wit...
May. 31, 2016 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,398
As cloud and storage projections continue to rise, the number of organizations moving to the cloud is escalating and it is clear cloud storage is here to stay. However, is it secure? Data is the lifeblood for government entities, countries, cloud service providers and enterprises alike and losing or exposing that data can have disastrous results. There are new concepts for data storage on the horizon that will deliver secure solutions for storing and moving sensitive data around the world. ...
May. 31, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,506
Join us at Cloud Expo | @ThingsExpo 2016 – June 7-9 at the Javits Center in New York City and November 1-3 at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA – and deliver your unique message in a way that is striking and unforgettable by taking advantage of SYS-CON's unmatched high-impact, result-driven event / media packages.
May. 31, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,624
In his keynote at 18th Cloud Expo, Andrew Keys, Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise, will provide an overview of the evolution of the Internet and the Database and the future of their combination – the Blockchain. Andrew Keys is Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise. He comes to ConsenSys Enterprise with capital markets, technology and entrepreneurial experience. Previously, he worked for UBS investment bank in equities analysis. Later, he was responsible for the creation and distribution of life ...
May. 31, 2016 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,128
SYS-CON Events announced today that MobiDev will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. MobiDev is a software company that develops and delivers turn-key mobile apps, websites, web services, and complex software systems for startups and enterprises. Since 2009 it has grown from a small group of passionate engineers and business managers to a full-scale mobile software company with over 200 develope...
May. 31, 2016 10:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,926
SoftLayer operates a global cloud infrastructure platform built for Internet scale. With a global footprint of data centers and network points of presence, SoftLayer provides infrastructure as a service to leading-edge customers ranging from Web startups to global enterprises. SoftLayer's modular architecture, full-featured API, and sophisticated automation provide unparalleled performance and control. Its flexible unified platform seamlessly spans physical and virtual devices linked via a world...
May. 31, 2016 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,448
SYS-CON Events announced today that BMC Software has been named "Siver Sponsor" of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2015 at the Javits Center in New York, New York. BMC is a global leader in innovative software solutions that help businesses transform into digital enterprises for the ultimate competitive advantage. BMC Digital Enterprise Management is a set of innovative IT solutions designed to make digital business fast, seamless, and optimized from mainframe to mo...
May. 31, 2016 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,425
"What we see what happens when you have a completely networked society and the potential to now drive the value creation and the collaboration and the ecosystems that are possible when you start to be able to connect people and industries together in ways that have never been possible before," explained Esmeralda Swartz, VP of Marketing Enterprise & Cloud at Ericsson, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
May. 31, 2016 08:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,872
Companies can harness IoT and predictive analytics to sustain business continuity; predict and manage site performance during emergencies; minimize expensive reactive maintenance; and forecast equipment and maintenance budgets and expenditures. Providing cost-effective, uninterrupted service is challenging, particularly for organizations with geographically dispersed operations.
May. 31, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,360
The Internet of Things (IoT) is growing rapidly by extending current technologies, products and networks. By 2020, Cisco estimates there will be 50 billion connected devices. Gartner has forecast revenues of over $300 billion, just to IoT suppliers. Now is the time to figure out how you’ll make money – not just create innovative products. With hundreds of new products and companies jumping into the IoT fray every month, there’s no shortage of innovation. Despite this, McKinsey/VisionMobile data...
May. 31, 2016 07:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,871
The IoTs will challenge the status quo of how IT and development organizations operate. Or will it? Certainly the fog layer of IoT requires special insights about data ontology, security and transactional integrity. But the developmental challenges are the same: People, Process and Platform. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Craig Sproule, CEO of Metavine, will demonstrate how to move beyond today's coding paradigm and share the must-have mindsets for removing complexity from the development proc...
May. 31, 2016 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,041
SYS-CON Events announced today TechTarget has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7–9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. TechTarget is the Web’s leading destination for serious technology buyers researching and making enterprise technology decisions. Its extensive global networ...
May. 31, 2016 05:45 AM EDT Reads: 3,388
SYS-CON Events announced today that MangoApps will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. MangoApps provides modern company intranets and team collaboration software, allowing workers to stay connected and productive from anywhere in the world and from any device. For more information, please visit https://www.mangoapps.com/.
May. 31, 2016 05:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,227