|By Business Wire||
|November 8, 2012 11:23 AM EST||
Kaplan University, a leader in higher education innovation, will host its next Visionary Voices webinar live from the third annual Techonomy Conference. The webinar will feature noted cyber expert Art Coviello, executive vice president for EMC Corporation and executive chairman of RSA, the security division of EMC.
Delivered in real-time via Kaplan’s KAPx interactive platform, the one-on-one interview will be conducted by Kaplan University Dean of the School of Information Technology Dr. David DeHaven. The one-hour conversation will center on technology’s dual-edged sword—how it improves lives and business functions while also posing increased risks for security vulnerabilities. The webinar will also touch on the growing need for trained, qualified personnel to identify and reduce cyber threats.
Monday, November 12, 2012
8:00-9:00 p.m. ET
You must register to attend this free, interactive webinar. Here’s how:
- To register, please use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox as your Internet browser. Then log on to https://kapx.kaplan.com/events/visionnary-voices-webinar-with-art-coviello/register. Registration will ensure that you receive a reminder to attend. If you are unable to attend at the scheduled date and time, please register and we will email you the recording of this event.
- To attend the webinar on Monday, November 12, please use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox as your Internet browser. Then log on to https://kapx.kaplan.com/events/visionnary-voices-webinar-with-art-coviello/ a few minutes prior to 8 p.m. ET. Log in using your email address and the password you created to register for the event.
Leaders from all over the world will soon gather in Arizona for the 2012 Techonomy Conference for a multidisciplinary conversation among some of the best minds in technology, economics and business about harnessing technology’s potential for business and social progress. Kaplan University is the official education partner of Techonomy.
Art Coviello, EVP of EMC Corporation and executive chairman of RSA, is a sought-after speaker who has been called on to address Congress as a cyber security expert. He has been interviewed by CNN Money, the Washington Post, Forbes and others. Under Coviello’s stewardship of RSA Security, the company became widely known as a leader in authentication and encryption, and identity and access management. He plays a key role in several national cyber security initiatives.
Dr. David DeHaven, dean of Kaplan University’s School of Information Technology, has more than 20 years of information technology and business experience. He previously served as chief technology officer of Northrop Grumman and is also an active board member for several IT consulting companies.
About Kaplan University
Kaplan University offers a different school of thought for higher education. It strives to help adult students unlock their talent by providing a practical, student-centered education that prepares them for careers in some of the fastest-growing industries. The University, which has its main campus in Davenport, Iowa, and its headquarters in Chicago, is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission (www.ncahlc.org) and is a member of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. Kaplan University serves nearly 50,000 online and campus-based students. The University has 11 campuses in Iowa, Nebraska, Maryland and Maine, and Kaplan University Learning Centers in Maryland, Wisconsin, Indiana, Missouri and Florida.
Kaplan University is one of Kaplan, Inc.’s higher education institutions, which serve approximately 73,000 students online and through approximately 70 campus-based schools across the United States. Kaplan’s higher education schools offer a spectrum of academic opportunities, from certificates and diplomas to graduate and professional degrees, including a juris doctor degree. Kaplan, Inc. is a leading international provider of educational and career services for individuals, schools and businesses. It is a subsidiary of The Washington Post Company (NYSE: WPO), and its largest division. For more information about Kaplan University, visit www.kaplanuniversity.edu.
Kaplan Inc.‘s new KAPx™ learning platform (www.kapx.net) provides for student-instructor interaction with live feedback tools in an online “hangout” format, which can be used to engage participants across the country or around the world. KAPx™ is designed to promote student success and includes such features as allowing the presenter to remotely control the view that participants see in their course materials. The platform allows the presenter to webcast the sessions live, leveraging YouTube and Google+ Hangouts. It also permits participants to sign up in advance and allows the presenter to capture user data. Other functionalities include: real-time polling; question-and-answer sessions; and real-time chat between speakers and participants.
Founded by former Visionary Voices guest David Kirkpatrick, Techonomy is a conference about how technology is transforming society, the workplace, and the way we live. Techonomy focuses on the centrality of technology to business and social progress and the urgency of embracing the rapid pace of change brought by technology. Every major issue going forward will be affected by how it intersects with technology innovation.
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict