|By Marketwired .||
|November 8, 2012 08:00 AM EST||
BOSTON, MA -- (Marketwire) -- 11/08/12 -- GlobalSign (www.globalsign.com), one of the leading providers of SSL Digital Certificates worldwide, today published its Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) Investigation Analysis Report. The report explains why FERC conducted a recent investigation into North American Energy Standards Board (NAESB) Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) cyber security standards, which are designed to reduce risk within the Wholesale Energy Quadrant, and also provides a summary of FERC's findings.
In July, at the request of Senators Joe Lieberman, I-Conn., and Susan Collins, R-Maine, FERC began an investigation to determine whether or not allegations were true that Certificate Authorities (CAs) were placing the Electric Sector in jeopardy by providing the wholesale energy industry with SSL Digital Certificates that did not comply with NAESB PKI standards.
In August, FERC concluded that no CAs had issued any digital certificates that violated standards or regulations. FERC further said that assertions the Electric Sector was in jeopardy due to alleged violations were also unfounded. FERC stated: NAESB standards are aimed at facilitating the security of commercial transactions, and are separate from the obligation of affected utilities under section 215 of the Federal Power Act (FPA) to take steps to ensure the cybersecurity of the bulk-power system.
"There is significant misunderstanding when it comes to the electric grid's strengths and vulnerabilities and how it is protected against cyberthreats -- misunderstanding that causes fear, uncertainty and doubt, as well a misallocation of scarce security resources," said Lila Kee, chief product and marketing officer at GlobalSign and board member of the North American Energy Standards Board (NAESB) Wholesale Electric Quadrant end-users segment. "FERC did an excellent job of debunking the false allegations and revealing the truth. We are making our analysis freely available to any organization or individual who needs to understand the differences between commercial power systems and bulk-power systems, and related security risks."
In addition to summarizing the FERC investigation findings, the GlobalSign FERC Investigation Analysis Report provides background on different sectors of the electric industry and identifies the key government agencies that regulate electric power providers. The report also includes:
- An executive summary of the situation leading to the investigation and the report's conclusions
- Definitions of PKI and SSL Digital Certificates
- An explanation of the role CAs play in the electric sector
- A comprehensive Q&A that provides related facts and background information
To access the GlobalSign FERC Investigation Analysis Report visit:
To access the complete FERC investigation report visit: http://www.ferc.gov/EventCalendar/Files/20120827175825-EL12-86-000.pdf
About GMO GlobalSign
GlobalSign has been a trust service provider since 1996. Its focus has been, and always will be, on providing convenient and highly productive PKI solutions for organizations of all sizes. Its core Digital Certificate solutions allow its thousands of authenticated customers to conduct SSL secured transactions, data transfer, distribution of tamper-proof code, and protection of online identities for secure email and access control. Vision and commitment to innovation led to GlobalSign being recognized by Frost & Sullivan for the 2011 Product Line Strategy Award. The company has local offices in the US, Europe and throughout Asia. For the latest news on GlobalSign visit www.globalsign.com or follow GlobalSign on Twitter (@globalsign).
GMO Internet Group
GMO Internet Group is one of the most comprehensive providers of industry-leading Internet services worldwide. As well as domain registration, web hosting, ecommerce, and payment processing businesses that each hold the top share in their respective markets in Japan, services operated by the group include Internet advertising, search engine marketing and research. Global online security brand GlobalSign and major Japanese online securities brokerage, GMO CLICK Securities are also group members. In 2011 a new Social Media & Smartphone Platform segment was established bringing together group initiatives in social apps development, flash marketing and Android apps distribution. GMO Internet, Inc. (TSE: 9449) is headquartered in Tokyo, Japan. Please visit www.gmo.jp/en for more information.
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict