|By Business Wire||
|November 7, 2012 09:05 AM EST||
Bomgar, a leading provider of secure remote support solutions, announced today that Flinders University has consolidated their remote support tools onto the Bomgar platform to enhance collaboration and end-user satisfaction. Established in Adelaide, South Australia in 1966, the university has grown from 90 staff members and 400 students to approximately 2,500 staff and 20,000 students. Well-known for quality and innovation in its courses as well as its emphasis on research, Flinders offers a wide range of undergraduate and postgraduate courses at its main campus, as well as other locations in Australia and across the globe.
Prior to implementing Bomgar, the University’s multiple IT departments used a variety of remote support solutions, depending on the type of device or operating system the user had. Support technicians were required to know how to use all of these tools and needed to ask users several questions to determine which remote support tool to use in order to solve the problem. Additionally, there was no tracking or reporting for remote support activities.
In late 2009, Steve Trickey joined Flinders University in the position of IT Client Services manager. It quickly became apparent that his three support teams needed to consolidate on a common remote support solution to improve efficiency and collaboration. “My teams support approximately 80 percent of the University community, including staff and students located across the country, some in very isolated areas,” said Trickey. “I knew that consolidating to a single remote support tool would help us improve our response rates and work more closely as a cohesive group.”
Trickey and his 20-member team identified several important features they were looking for in a remote support solution. First, the solution needed to support both Windows and Mac operating systems. It also needed to be reliable and have the ability to establish a connection even if the user was in an area with limited bandwidth or overseas. The team also wanted a solution that was easy to use and did not require extensive involvement on the part of the end user to initiate a session. Finally, they needed the ability to monitor and report on sessions.
The Client Services Team performed an on-site test of Bomgar along with Citrix GoToAssist and LogMeIn Rescue, both cloud-based remote support solutions. “By the end of the testing period, Bomgar stood out as the one solution that met all of our requirements. It was easy for our technicians to understand and had more features that were useful to them. They also felt it allowed them to establish and conduct the support sessions more quickly.”
With Bomgar, all of the necessary activity for supporting an end-user takes place in a single interaction, and Trickey’s team’s ability to fix issues upon first contact has improved from 65 percent to more than 92 percent. In addition, the ability to complete non-troubleshooting user requests, such as installing new software, has improved with Bomgar. “We’re able to handle multiple tasks on one call, without the user having to drop off their computer or devote any time from their day to assist us in completing the tasks,” continued Tricky. “Our first time resolution rate for these types of requests has improved significantly from approximately 60 percent to 80 percent.”
Finally, Trickey noted the glowing remarks that the Client Services team has received from students and staff who’ve received tech support via Bomgar. “For the last two years, my team has been ranked the number one help desk of all Australian and New Zealand Universities for its customer service. Utilizing the Bomgar survey feature, the end users we support use words like ‘fantastic’ and ‘amazing’ when it comes to describing what they think of the experience with the Bomgar solution. And that’s just what I wanted to accomplish.”
For a full case study about Flinders University’s use of Bomgar, please visit: http://www.bomgar.com/customers/
Bomgar will be at EDUCAUSE 2012 in Denver, Colorado November 6-9. Visit booth #527 for a demo and to hear live testimonials from Bomgar customers. For more information about Bomgar, please visit: www.bomgar.com.
Bomgar provides remote support solutions for easily and securely supporting computing systems and mobile devices. The company’s appliance-based products help organizations improve tech support efficiency and performance by enabling them to securely support nearly any device or system, anywhere in the world — including Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS, Android, BlackBerry and more. More than 6,500 organizations across 65 countries have deployed Bomgar to rapidly improve customer satisfaction while dramatically reducing costs. Bomgar is privately held with offices in Jackson, Atlanta, Washington D.C., Paris and London. You can find Bomgar on the web at www.bomgar.com, or on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Google±.
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict