|By Marketwired .||
|November 7, 2012 09:00 AM EST||
PORTLAND, OR -- (Marketwire) -- 11/07/12 -- Puppet Labs, the leading provider of IT automation software for system administrators, today announced that the International Securities Exchange (ISE), a leading US options exchange, has completed the initial phase of its deployment of the Puppet Enterprise solution.
Puppet Enterprise enables ISE to automatically and consistently configure, deploy and manage its mission critical trading applications. The ability to automatically make changes and upgrades simultaneously across hundreds of servers ensures consistency and dramatically improves the efficiency of deploying new technology releases. The Puppet Enterprise console, the software's graphical user interface, enables ISE to quickly audit production systems for compliance.
"The software deployment automation supported by Puppet Enterprise has enabled us to significantly reduce the time it takes to deploy new software in our production environment," said Rob Cornish, Technology Strategy and Operations Officer at ISE. "Treating our infrastructure as code enables us to add automation, version control, and regression testing to infrastructure deployments. Puppet Enterprise gives us unprecedented control over change management, improves the audit trail associated with new software deployments, and reduces the software delivery cycle timeframe from days to minutes."
"We designed Puppet Enterprise specifically to help system administrators easily automate repetitive tasks, quickly deploy critical applications and proactively manage infrastructure change, whether it's one or hundreds of servers," said Luke Kanies, CEO at Puppet Labs. "ISE is leveraging the power of Puppet Enterprise, resulting in the ability for system administrators to automate away menial tasks and supports an agile dev-test-ops environment."
In the initial phase of its Puppet Enterprise roll-out, ISE automated the software deployment for its mission critical applications running on Linux. ISE will expand its use of Puppet Enterprise to its entire Windows environment, which includes Linux and Windows, by year end.
- Visit Puppet Labs' website
- Follow Puppet Labs on Twitter @puppetlabs
- Learn more about Puppet Enterprise
About Puppet Labs
Puppet Labs, Inc. is the leader in IT automation and software-defined infrastructure. Puppet Labs' software provides system administrators the operational agility, efficiency and insight they need to proactively manage dynamic infrastructure, scaling from tens of servers to thousands, on-premise or in the cloud. Thousands of the world's leading organizations are using Puppet Labs' software to configure and manage their IT infrastructure, including Citrix, eBay, NYSE, Match.com, Oracle/Sun, Shopzilla, and Zynga. Now numbering more than 100 employees and based in Portland, Oregon, Puppet Labs is backed by investors Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, Google Ventures, VMware, Cisco, True Ventures, Radar Partners, and Emerson Street Partners. To learn more, please visit www.puppetlabs.com.
The International Securities Exchange (ISE) operates a leading U.S. options exchange and offers options trading on over 2,000 underlying equity, ETF, index, and FX products. As the first all-electronic options exchange in the U.S., ISE transformed the options industry by creating efficient markets through innovative market structure and technology. Regulated by the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and a member-owner of The Options Clearing Corporation (OCC), ISE provides investors with a transparent marketplace for price and liquidity discovery on centrally cleared options products. ISE continues to expand its marketplace through the ongoing development of enhanced trading functionality, new products, and market data services. As a complement to its options business, ISE has expanded its reach into multiple asset classes through strategic investments in financial marketplaces and services that foster technology innovation and market efficiency. Through minority investments, ISE participates in the securities lending and equities markets. ISE also licenses its proprietary Longitude technology for trading in event-driven derivatives markets.
As a member of Eurex Group, ISE is combined with Eurex Exchange to form one of the largest transatlantic derivatives marketplaces, with daily trading volumes exceeding 10 million contracts in 2011 across a growing range of asset classes.
Eurex Group is comprised of Eurex Exchange, the International Securities Exchange, the European Energy Exchange, Eurex Clearing, Eurex Bonds and Eurex Repo.
Eurex Group is owned by Deutsche Börse AG (Xetra: DB1).
For more information, visit www.ise.com.
Puppet Labs and Puppet are trademarks of Puppet Labs Inc. All other company and product names mentioned are used only for identification purposes and may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict