|By PR Newswire||
|November 6, 2012 01:37 PM EST||
SAO PAULO, Nov. 6, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- To get a close look at companies that are world leaders in innovation, 20 businessmen from LIDE Inovacao and LIDE Jovem got together for the Accenture Innovation Trip to Silicone Valley, California. A treasure trove of companies such as Google, Facebook and Twitter, the region is getting attention from Brazil not only for purposes of exporting innovation, but also to create channels for collaboration.
"The cycle created in the Valley by developers, investors and mentors has given more companies the opportunity and capacity to determine the success or lack of viability of business endeavors," says Andre Martins, President of LIDE Jovem.
One of the institutions visited by the group was Brazil Innovators, which operates in partnership with Endeavour and brings together young entrepreneurs from the region with Brazilian investors, as well as providing content to foster an entrepreneurial culture in Brazil. With a year and a half of operation and a network of 1,500 collaborators, it has already undertaken five direct investments, including bringing PayPal to Brazil.
Brazil Innovators, led by the Brazilian woman Bedy Young, seeks projects that can be accelerated by 500 Startups, a fund and accelerator of Mountain View. From US$ 25,000 to US$ 50 mil is invested in the company for a 3- to 6-month training, accompanied by coaching in the areas of design, marketing and management, which provide analysis and guidance in such areas as brand expansion and customer capture.
Of the 33 companies "accelerated" by 500 Startups, three are Brazilian. Qual Canal, which has created a technology for monitoring the impact of TV programs on Twitter; Cuponomia, a site that offers coupons to be used for online purchasing; and Mimplt, a platform that makes possible the development of sites and mobile applications even for people with little knowledge of the subject. Those selected will receive funding of US$ 50,000 for the period of the acceleration program, which began on October 4 and goes until the end of February, 2013.
Endeavor Global helps selected entrepreneurs to leverage the business growth curve by exchanging experiences with a network of mentors. It is the only place where going bankrupt is one of the basic steps to take by anyone seeking success. It is all the result of an entrepreneurial culture, with a basic formula for how to win in this setting: lots of attempts added to lots of work.
Contact for the media: Rose Rocha – CDN Comunicacao Corporativa
Phone: 55 11 3643-2952
SOURCE Accenture Innovation Trip
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict