|By PR Newswire||
|November 6, 2012 12:35 PM EST||
TAIPEI, Taiwan, Nov. 6, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- ASUSTOR Inc., a leading innovator and provider of network storage solutions, has announced the launch of its all new AS 6 Series Network Attached Storage (NAS). The AS 6 Series NAS devices come in two, four, six and eight-bay models and feature System Sleep Mode (S3) along with near instantaneous wake up times. Equipped with the Intel® Atom™ 2.13 GHz dual-core processor and 1GB RAM (expandable), the 6 Series combines supercharged performance with low power consumption. Intel® technology also makes it possible for the devices to boast HDMI outputs which allows for the playing of HD video and multimedia directly to HDMI ready displays.
"In the last ten years we have seen exponential growth in the amount of digital assets worldwide. Properly securing and managing these assets has become a big issue," said Shawn Shu, President at ASUSTOR. "At ASUSTOR we truly understand how to secure our customers' most valued digital assets while providing dynamic new ways for them to interact with and access these assets."
All models in the series come preloaded with ASUSTOR Data Master (ADM), an ideal operating system for storage devices that provides users with a fresh and intuitive user interface. Additionally, the 6 Series also provides added functionality through ASUSTOR's App Central which offers an expansive variety of Apps for users to enjoy. Featured Apps by ASUSTOR include Download Center, an easy to use download manager, and Surveillance Center which gives users the power to manage an array of IP cameras. Furthermore, there will be Apps developed by third parties and the open source communities such as Plex Media Server, a complete media solution, and Piwik, a popular and free alternative to Google Analytics.
"Small businesses and consumers are both experiencing ballooning data, requiring a simple, centralized way to protect and access their vital digital information," said David Tuhy, General Manager, Intel Storage Division. "Powered by the Intel® Atom™ processor, the AS 6 Series is a great way to provide business continuity. With the new HDMI connector consumers can play directly from the AS 6 NAS. And the web feature enables access anytime, anywhere, on any intelligent device creating a personal cloud."
The AS 6 Series also features:
- Apple Time Machine support for multiple users
- Military grade AES 256-bit encryption for individual shared folders
- Remote replication via FTP & Rsync
- Internal and external disk hibernation
- Push and pull backup for flexible backup topology deployment
- Built-in firewall and Network Defender to prevent malicious attacks
- Cloud Connect technology for easy access to the NAS
- Energy Saver for power conservation
- UPnP Media Server to stream multimedia to your DLNA devices
- iTunes Server to share your music and movies among all your computers
- Active Directory support for more than 500,000 records
- iSCSI targeting for easy IT integration
- Add-on App and HDMI output that allows the NAS to become an HD media player
Key Specifications for the AS 6 Series are as follows:
- Intel® Atom™ Dual-Core CPU
- 1GB DDR3 RAM (Expandable to 3GB)
- USB 3.0 (5 Gb/s)
- SATA III (6 Gb/s)
- VMware, Citrix and Hyper-V Ready
- RAID 0, 1, 5, 6, 10
- Hard drive hot swapping
- Read and write speed of 200+ MB/sec
For more product information please visit: http://www.asustor.com
ASUSTOR AS 6 series is now shipping globally.
Founded in 2011, ASUSTOR Inc., a subsidiary of ASUSTeK Computer Inc., is a leading innovator and provider of private cloud storage (network attached storage) and video surveillance (network video recorder) solutions. ASUSTOR is devoted to providing the world with unparalleled user experiences and the most complete set of network storage solutions possible.
SOURCE ASUSTOR Inc.
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict