|By Business Wire||
|November 6, 2012 11:53 AM EST||
Techonomy Media today announces its annual conference, Techonomy 2012, a unique three-day multidisciplinary gathering at The Ritz-Carlton, Dove Mountain in Tucson, Arizona, taking place November 11-13, 2012.
Techonomy's program has a unique focus: the role of technology in business and social progress. The event brings together innovators, executives, entrepreneurs, academics and thought leaders across various disciplines including technology, business, government and design to discuss how technology's progress makes possible a new world and can enable a better future.
“The pace of change driven by technology only continues to increase," said Techonomy founder David Kirkpatrick. "We think our annual Techonomy conference is important because it's still so hard for leaders to embrace the scope of the changes facing business and society. We'll be talking about the outcome of the presidential election, but not just because our country's leader may have changed, but also because the conduct of the campaign demonstrated vividly how little grasp our national leaders have on the role of technology in the economy. Even as jobs are being automated away and consumer behavior is being altered in so many ways, technology was barely mentioned by either national candidate."
Companies, countries, and communities are being transformed by tech, and we seek to explore as many aspects of that transformation as we can. Techonomy's program will examine the implications of ever-tighter global interconnection; of big data and analytics; robotics; the competition between Amazon, Apple, Facebook, and Google; geo-engineering; new corporate structures; lifeblogging; the new shape of advertising; 3D printing; gaming; educational tech; Africa; and Facebook's future. And of course many other topics.
Notable speakers will include:
- Zoë Baird, Markle Foundation
- James Barrese, PayPal
- Gordon Bell, Microsoft
- Jim Breyer, Accel
- Erick Brynjolfsson, MIT
- Steve Case, Revolution
- John Donovan, AT&T
- David Fischer and Sam Lessin, Facebook
- Steve Hasker, Nielsen
- Steve Hoover, PARC
- Bob Hormats, U.S. State Department
- Ray Kurzweil, Kurzweil Technologies
- Gibu Thomas, Walmart
- Joe Tucci, EMC
- Padmasree Warrior, Cisco
- Mark Whitaker, CNN
We’d like to thank our sponsors EMC, Ericsson, Forbes, Herman Miller, Hill + Knowlton Strategies, Kaplan University, McKinsey & Company, Nielsen, QlikView, FedEx, Markle, TIBCO, Mobile Roadie and 10up.
For live streaming video during the conference or more information on Techonomy 2012, visit the Techonomy homepage at www.techonomy.com.
About Techonomy: Techonomy's goal is to help leaders and citizens better understand the far-reaching potential of technology-enabled change and to see how it can be harnessed to accelerate progress, productivity and competitiveness.
In addition to its annual Techonomy 2012 conference, Techonomy Media organizes special events like Techonomy Detroit, which took place in September and focused tightly on U.S. competitiveness, jobs, economic growth, and urban revival. The company also publishes text and video at Techonomy.com. Techonomy conferences in 2010 and 2011 included Bill Gates, Jeff Bezos, Marc Benioff, Sean Parker, Jeffrey Katzenberg, Eric Schmidt, Neelie Kroes, Dan Hesse, Marissa Mayer, Craig Mundie, Esther Dyson and Hamadoun Touré.
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict