|By PR Newswire||
|November 6, 2012 10:00 AM EST||
EAST GREENBUSH, N.Y., Nov. 6, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Who: GlobalSpec, the leading specialized vertical search, information services, e-publishing and online events company serving the engineering, technical and industrial communities, recently acquired by IHS Inc. (NYSE: IHS)
What: GlobalSpec Online Trade Shows & Events are one-day, live and interactive sessions that connect a worldwide community of suppliers and distributors with their target market of engineering, technical and industrial professionals. At this free online event, explore the latest developments in utility-scale and smaller wind turbine and generator technologies; learn of developments in control system design, data acquisition and field measurements; and examine new approaches for energy storage, distribution, wind farm siting, and construction. Attendees can also interact with exhibitors and leading suppliers, network with their peers and participate in key educational sessions that will help their businesses keep pace with today's fast-changing wind energy marketplace.
When: Wednesday, November 7, 2012, 11:30 AM - 5:00 PM EST (8:30 AM – 2:00 PM PST)
- Visit the Exhibit Hall, chat with booth representatives, learn about new products, and more.
- Visit the Knowledge Exchange to interact with other attendees and learn about new technology and products.
- Visit the Resource Center and download materials.
Where: Free registration online at http://bit.ly/WWcczm.
11:45 AM - 12:30 PM EST (8:45 AM – 9:30 AM PST)
Reduce Wind Turbine Downtime and Prevent Catastrophic Damage from Arc Flash
This presentation will focus on the key considerations for wind turbine designers and engineers in selecting, designing, and installing arc flash protection to mitigate catastrophic damage in wind power applications.
Presented by Jakob Seedorff, technical director, Littelfuse Selco
12:30 PM – 1:15 PM EST (9:30 AM – 10:15 AM PST)
O&M Competition Heats Up as US Wind Fleet Ages
This presentation provides an overview of the competitive landscape for U.S. Wind O&M markets, assessing the timing and scale of the opportunity and the most successful emerging business models.
Presented by Matt DaPrato, senior research analyst, IHS; Andy Lubershane, research analyst, IHS; and Matt Kaplan, associate director, IHS
1:15 PM – 2:00 PM EST (10:15 AM – 11:00 AM PST)
Improving Reliability and Reducing Failures in Wind Turbines through Cooling and Filtration
This presentation will feature two ground-breaking products from Parker's broad array of solutions designed specifically to improve the reliability and performance of wind turbines. First, a next-generation thermal management system for wind turbine power systems, and second, a modular, multi-function gearbox filtration system that features a variety of advanced fluid monitoring and conditioning capabilities.
Presented by Rich Nagel, global business development manager, Parker Hannifin - Renewable Energy Solutions
2:00 PM – 2:45 PM EST (11:00 AM – 11:45 AM PST)
One Piece Wind Turbine Blades
As wind turbine blades get longer and longer, reduction in weight has become a key focus for designers and manufacturers. Elimination of adhesive lines and fillers produces a superior quality blade that can result in more than a 10% reduction in weight. This presentation will describe technologies that allow a blade to be molded in one piece.
Presented by P.J. Feerick, managing director, EireComposites Teo
2:45 PM – 3:30 PM EST (11:45 AM – 12:30 PM PST)
Wind Turbine Emergencies - Challenges for Operators and Responders
Emergency situations in and around wind farms can be easily resolved, or extremely demanding, depending on the nature and location of the incident. This presentation offers operators and emergency responders the principal keys for the successful and safe resolution of emergencies affecting wind farms and wind turbines.
Presented by George H. Potter, fire protection specialist, Spanish Fire Fighters Association
GlobalSpec, recently acquired by IHS Inc. (NYSE: IHS), is the leading provider of digital media solutions designed to connect industrial marketers with their target audience of engineering, technical, industrial, scientific and manufacturing sector professionals. GlobalSpec provides its registered users with a domain-expert search engine to search more than 50,000 supplier catalogs by specification, a broad range of proprietary and aggregated Web-based content, over 15 annual online events, and more than 70 e-newsletters - helping them search for and locate products and services, learn about suppliers and access comprehensive technical content. For suppliers, GlobalSpec helps generate awareness, demand and engagement opportunities among the professionals they are looking to reach – from inbox to desktop, through networks and via real-time engagement.
About IHS (www.ihs.com)
IHS (NYSE: IHS) is the leading source of information, insight and analytics in critical areas that shape today's business landscape. Businesses and governments in more than 165 countries around the globe rely on the comprehensive content, expert independent analysis and flexible delivery methods of IHS to make high-impact decisions and develop strategies with speed and confidence. IHS has been in business since 1959 and became a publicly traded company on the New York Stock Exchange in 2005. Headquartered in Englewood, Colorado, USA, IHS is committed to long-term, sustainable growth and employs more than 6,000 people in more than 30 countries around the world.
IHS is a registered trademark of IHS Inc. All other company and product names may be trademarks of their respective owners. © 2012 IHS Inc. All rights reserved.
Contact: Amber Devin
Director, Marketing Communications
Tel: 518.880.0200 ext. 5338
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict