|By Business Wire||
|November 6, 2012 09:11 AM EST||
VKernel, now part of Dell Software, and the award-winning provider of enterprise-class capacity management and performance monitoring products for virtualized data centers and cloud environments, announced today the availability of VKernel’s highly regarded free tool, vOPS Server Explorer, as a Hyper-V virtual appliance. vOPS Server Explorer assesses virtual machine performance, efficiency and capacity in a easy to download, simple to install virtual appliance.
Previously available for VMware vSphere and Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization environments, this release marks vOPS Server Explorer availability for Hyper-V environments and is designed to meet the growing installed base of Hyper-V customers.
“vOPS Server Explorer complements Microsoft’s System Center with additional functionality such as detecting critical VM configurations, inefficiency and waste to maximize performance and ROI,” says Tommy Patterson, Sr. IT Pro Evangelist – Virtualization & Cloud at Microsoft. “Are you a held hostage in the virtualization hunger games? Now, admins have the analysis and advice at their fingertips that help them become victors instead of victims.”
Virtual environments are dynamic and in constant change, making it challenging for administrators to maintain control over the environments. Establishing just how in control or out of control an environment may be requires a significant amount of manual data mining and calculations. VKernel’s vOPS Server Explorer uses the same analytics and advisory engine from the paid vOPS Server Standard product to provide virtual administrators with a rapid assessment of the state of their environment.
Customers use the product to:
- Identify critical VM configuration errors such as memory limits and old snapshots that will severely affect performance and can be especially hard to track down and solve.
- Recognize performance bottlenecks from high CPU ready, memory swapping, device latency and other causes.
- Detect inefficiency/waste created by VMs with CPU, memory and storage over allocation.
- Find available capacity expressed as the number of VMs that can be deployed without causing performance bottlenecks.
- Pinpoint oversubscription of CPU, memory and storage resources and whether the over-allocation is impacting performance.
- Search for a specific VMs using Google Like search capability.
vOPS Server Explorer for Hyper-V is now available for download from http://www.vkernel.com/download/server-explorer. vOPS Server Explorer installs in minutes as a virtual appliance and provides access to three free utilities: Environment Explorer, SearchMyVM Explorer and vScope Explorer.
About VKernel (now a part of Dell)
Dell Inc. (NASDAQ: DELL) listens to customers and delivers innovative technology and services that give them the power to do more. VKernel, now a part of Dell’s Software Group, is the number one provider of virtualization management products for virtualized data centers and cloud environments. The company’s powerful, easy-to-use and affordable products simplify the complex and critical tasks of planning, monitoring and predicting capacity utilization and bottlenecks. Used by over 50,000 system administrators, the products have proven their ability to maximize capacity utilization, reduce virtualization costs and improve application performance.
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict