|By Marketwired .||
|November 5, 2012 11:35 AM EST||
SAN DIEGO, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 11/05/12 -- Urban Mapping, the official mapping partner of Tableau Software and a sponsor of the 2012 Tableau Customer Conference (TCC), will take part in a number of mapping-related sessions throughout the event, which starts today in San Diego. Details are as follows:
Tuesday, November 6, 2012
3:15-4:15 pm - Community Alley
Speaker: Jake Baillie, Urban Mapping
Urban Mapping, Tableau's official mapping partner, will host a discussion on map hacking in Tableau. Participants are encouraged to bring examples of their own mapping work in Tableau or other software programs to share and discuss with others.
Come check out this Meetup if you:
- Use maps frequently
- Deal with shape files
- Have questions about how Tableau deals with spatial data
- Are curious to learn about overlaying geographic and demographic information
Advanced Concepts in Geospatial Analysis
Wednesday, November 7, 2012
3:15-4:15 pm - Tableau in Practice
Speaker: Ian White, Urban Mapping
Urban Mapping works jointly with Tableau product management to define the roadmap for mapping capabilities. In this interactive session, you will learn about enhanced geospatial capabilities in Tableau through case studies.
The session will cover:
- Case study with ARC Corp - advanced analysis for air travel
- WMS v TMS - what is the difference and why do I care?
- Deconstructing mapping: what is in a map?
- Data, data data: so many sources, so little time
- Advanced geospatial operations
Urban Mapping Hosted Lunch - Special Topics in Mapping
Thursday, November 8, 2012
12:00-1.30 pm - Invite-Only Lunch
Urban Mapping CEO Ian White will lead an in-depth session with invited conference attendees on recent trends in the mapping/spatial industry. Attendees will also learn more about extending geographic capabilities leveraging Mapfluence, Urban Mapping's hosted web mapping platform. Parties interested in attending this invite-only session may express interest at www.urbanmapping.com/lunch.
Conference attendees can also view demos and meet Urban Mapping representatives during exhibit hours at the TCC Expo Hall, Booth #14.
About Urban Mapping
Urban Mapping, Inc. (UMI) provides geospatial web and data services to simplify the development and deployment of online mapping and data visualization applications. UMI's Mapfluence service provides embedded geographic technology, offering solid technical infrastructure for mapping, custom cartography and industry's most comprehensive on-demand data catalog. Since 2006, leading interactive publishers like Google, Yahoo! and Microsoft and leading enterprises like CoStar Group, Tableau Software and CoreLogic have utilized Urban Mapping's geospatial data and technology. For more information, please visit www.urbanmapping.com.
- Innodisk | Efficiencies for Cloud Hardware at Cloud Expo New York
- Join Gartner, IBM, + AWS at AppSphere and save $200 when you register in August!
- In 2014 Big Data Investments Will Account for Nearly $30 Billion - Eventually Accounting for $76 Billion by 2020 End
- Global Cloud Security Market Growing at 15.7% CAGR to 2020: Forecast & Analysis in Research Report Available at ReportsnReports.com
- Video: DevOps and Security
- Worldwide Indoor Location Market Growing at 46.0% CAGR to 2019 Says a New Research Report Available at RnRMarketResearch.com
- Flexera Software's InstallAnywhere 2014 Simplifies Multi-Platform Installation for Physical, Virtual and Cloud Environments
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Searchmetrics Drives Over 200% World-Wide Growth As More Business Leaders Begin To Recognize The Value Of Search
- Mobility News Weekly – Week of August 17, 2014
- Digital Transformation's Impact on Enterprise Mobility and App Design Strategies
- Web Analytics Market by Solution (Search Engine Tracking & Ranking, Heat Map Analytics, Marketing Automation, Behavior Based Targeting) & by Services (Professional Services, Support & Maintenance) - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Mobile Commerce News Weekly – Week of August 3, 2014
- Red Hat To Present At Internet of @ThingsExpo
- Mobile Cyber Security News Weekly – Week of August 10, 2014
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- SEO/SEM Tips & Tricks: How and When Should You Submit Your Website to Google?
- Cloud Expo 2011 East To Attract 10,000 Delegates and 200 Exhibitors
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- Yahoo! to Keynote 4th Cloud Expo: Accelerating Innovation with Cloud Computing
- Google Version 2.0: Googzilla - The Calculating Predator
- ManageWP Powers Over 100,000 WordPress Sites Within Three Months of Launch
- Ulitzer’s Amazing First 30 Days in Public Beta
- Google's Competitive Advantage: It Leverages "The Power of Free"
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- AOL To Enhance Video Search Engine by Adding RSS Feeds
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict